Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower installation costs

Options
  • 05-08-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I am wondering how much will it cost me to get an electric shoer installed into my house. It will require a connection from the main fuse board in the porch to the bathroom (we only have a immersion shower at the moment).

Please let me know how much I should expect to install an Electric Shower.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Triton t90z 8.5kw supplied & fitted for around 600 euro inc vat for Dublin area. You can add around another 100 euro if you want 9.5kw. Haven't a clue for outside the Dublin area.
    Triton are by far the best electric shower. Don't let anyone try push anything else on you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Triton t90z 8.5kw supplied & fitted for around 600 euro inc vat for Dublin area. You can add around another 100 euro if you want 9.5kw. Haven't a clue for outside the Dublin area.
    Triton are by far the best electric shower. Don't let anyone try push anything else on you
    Sounds dear as your shower is only €230, were you replacing an existing shower or was it a complete new installation?

Sam Kade wrote:
    Sounds dear as your shower is only €230, were you replacing an existing shower or was it a complete new installation?

Op is asking about a full installation. A replacement triton t90z is around 300 supplied & fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

If your willing to do the manual work like running the cable and the plumbing yourself, my neighbour got an electrician to do the final connection and cert for 150.

The problem there is a proper registered electrical contractor won't cert someone else's work. Most will (&rightly so) insist on the work being done properly.
    If he certs someone else's work then he can be sued for their work when it fails or if the house burns down.

You posted this in the diy thread so you are going to get silly answers. I suggest you post it in the electrical or plumbing Forum. At least you will have answers from people who know what they are talking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement