Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning 27C800 EPROM ?

Options
  • 28-07-2015 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭

Can anyone program a pair of 27C800 Eproms (42 pin DIP) for me ?

I don't have a suitable adapter for my programmer and don't fancy getting one just for this job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Bought a suitable adapter, turns out I also need it to burn custom Amiga & NeoGeo ROMs as well as the Taito Gnet modbios stuff so worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I can burn them for you if you've any delay in receiving your burner, I should be about the weekend

Thanks for the offer but should be ok I think, its not too urgent anyways still have to dig the Gnet out of the attic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Turns out I now have access to a SuperPro 9000U *PROM programmer - I used it many moons ago to make a multi cart for Ciders Vectrex, wonder if its still of any use this programmer

Looks like a serious piece of kit, has a huge range of supported parts.

• Advertisement

Hay CathalDublin,
    know anything about burning pinball mpu eeproms?

Hay CathalDublin,
    know anything about burning pinball mpu eeproms?
    Its pretty straight forward, shouldn't be an issue, what game is it, I'll burn them for you?

Star trek,
    looking for the LX 7 rom.

LX-7 is a collect of ROMs ? The L-7 is a single ROM image, there all 512K ROMs but you need to know what model of EPROM to use as well.

• Advertisement

That's the one list on the ipdb page as L-7 so now you've got the ROM, now you just need to pull the chip and get it burned :)

That's the one list on the ipdb page as L-7 so now you've got the ROM, now you just need to pull the chip and get it burned :)

I think theres one thats patched for LEDs.
    i might actually have the L-7 installed

Maybe you should consider - PinMAME :)

Maybe you should consider - PinMAME :)

get out

It's a 27c4001 or a 27c040, I should have one there, I'll have to check for you, if the current chip is windowed we could wipe it and burn the new one

Advertisement