Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbags knock cyclist of bike Video *mod warning post 50*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭The Ging and I

I hope that cyclist is ok ! Scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

:):):):):):):):):)

Very funny.... It actually happened me going up Slade valley a few years ago.... Luckily enough i didn't come down but I literally couldn't stop laughing when I composed myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Such a scumbag thing to do. Unless they were friends with the person. It would still be kind of harsh but maybe they do that sort of thing to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Very funny.... It actually happened me going up Slade valley a few years ago.... Luckily enough i didn't come down but I literally couldn't stop laughing when I composed myself..

Yeah, hilarious... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hopefully cyclist got reg.
    Wow what will they think of next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Only an idiot would find this funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Absolute dickheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

They should get jail for it, throw the book at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What is wrong with people? How the fuçk can you find that funny. You've just pushed a cyclist off a bike into a ditch when there doing about 15km and your pushing them in a car doing what looms about 50km/60km.

What would be funnier is if the little scummer fell out the window doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Very funny.... .

It's not funny, it's fu@kin moronic, they could break someones neck with that sort of stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Dirty scumbags, hope they get caught.. And don't get out of it by saying "Suure 'tis in our culture boss...!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm actually shocked.. Genuinely fooking shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Were you the one doing the pushing?

Get a grip ffs. This isn't funny.

I was actually being sarcastic.... As I said happened me going up Slade valley.... No chance of getting the reg when it happens though as it happens so quick... Did it happen to anyone else on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GasBrakeHonk

Careful now - we don't do irony around here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

I think gonna email that link to Gardai, it's just insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

I wonder how Pavee Point will try to defend that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gallant_JJ wrote: »

How did you deduce it was travellers in the car?

Regardless it's appalling behaviour

Did it happen to anyone else on this?

Thankfully no, but I was talking to a work mate during the week who was telling me that he's regularly had things thrown at him along his commute from Naas to Dún Laoghaire (along the N7)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Stheno wrote: »

if you look through some of the guys pictures on facebook it would appear that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Absolutely. They may have been Koreans for all we know.

"Outrider/route clearance for a sulky race" ~ Spokesperson for Pavee Point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You have to think that apart from the sheer brain-deadness of this act, it may be inspired by all the anti-cyclist rhetoric you see on forums, social media and news/video articles...

Is this not a simple thing to track down or what? Can they track where the video was uploaded from or what happens ?

Its mad how people can go on like this. Like I understand the odd driver driving by to close or whatever as ****e happens but this kind of stuff is ridiculous.

Would love to see an artic coming in the opposite direction and pushing the scummers into the ditch

Is this not a simple thing to track down or what? Can they track where the video was uploaded from or what happens ?

Its mad how people can go on like this. Like I understand the odd driver driving by to close or whatever as ****e happens but this kind of stuff is ridiculous.

Would love to see an artic coming in the opposite direction and pushing the scummers into the ditch

A few minutes ago you thought it was hilarious. Make up your mind.

I think just for the "new challenge boys" he should be fined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

What's shocking is the amount support this is getting on Facebook.....what a c_ntish thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

It's nearly happened to me on Manor Place in Stoneybatter before. the car was coming against me, and I copped the chap in the passenger seat was in a bit of a strange position with the window open, and ducked into a parking space about the same time the car passed, and the driver tried pushing out through the window.

Too busy not being injured to get car reg, but rang Gardai, said they'd had another few reports and would send a car 'round. In fairness they stopped by, and I saw them around the same time on that street a few times over the next week or so. Whilst horrible to be chucked into the ditch and bushes at speed, it happening in someplace like Stoneybatter where you're going to land on either a car, concrete or tarmac would be real nasty.

A few minutes ago you thought it was hilarious. Make up your mind.

As I said it was sarcasm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

omri wrote: »
    I think gonna email that link to Gardai, it's just insane.

I sent it on to them - hopefully they can do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Here we go again, video has been posted many times before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭GuitarMusic

Have forwarded to Garda.....hope they track these idiots down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

micar wrote: »
    What's shocking is the amount support this is getting on Facebook.....what a c_ntish thing to do.

Sums up what is wrong with Facebook and why I hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

coach22 wrote: »
    if you look through some of the guys pictures on facebook it would appear that way!

I am inclined to agree with this, his sports list bare knuckle boxing and for activities he has listed Irish Traveller.

As I said it was sarcasm...

Ah apologies, I didn't see your follow up post.

Maybe use the sarcasm smiley instead of the normal one. Nothing about your first post suggests sarcasm at all. Now it just looks like you are back tracking after being quoted by people.

Glad you were ok after your push. Some idiots out there. Safe cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Posted by Maughan, fan of street fighting, fan of driveway paving, fan of very large dogs .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

In fairness there's plenty of comments on the video from other people with traveller surnames calling them absolute scumbags. Scum is scum regardless of ethnicity. Hopefully the piece of sh!t who posted it gets his comeuppance fairly soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

diomed wrote: »
    Posted by Maughan, fan of street fighting, fan of driveway paving, fan of very large dogs .....

Fan of Chelsea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

diomed wrote: »

Those bloody Japanese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What a waste of oxygen that lad is

• Advertisement

Ah apologies, I didn't see your follow up post.

Maybe use the sarcasm smiley instead of the normal one. Nothing about your first post suggests sarcasm at all. Now it just looks like you are back tracking after being quoted by people.

Glad you were ok after your push. Some idiots out there. Safe cycling.

Yeah my fault mate.... But I think that lad only shared the video on facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Counting to ten would be a ****ing challenge for cvnts like them.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It only takes one moron scumbag to see that and decide it'll be a bit of craic to do for a serious injury to happen. In a country with blasphemy and other stupid laws, posting such a thing is to me incitement to crime/gba and he needs a serious talking to by Gardai not thatd it do much.

People who did it may someday be caught, but they'll get p*ss all of punishment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Can we stop with the anti-Traveller rhetoric?

Ya fckun squealer.

Were you the driver or the camera guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I reported it- according to Facebook it doesn't violate their community standards!

I was on the bike, but a rat is a rat.

And an idiot will be an idiot. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Locked pending review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I am re-opening this on the basis that it has been gaining traction as a story on twitter, facebook etc. A number of posts in this thread have been deleted.

I am just as disgusted with the actions of the individual in the video as anyone. But we have to be absolutely clear - it is totally unacceptable to make general offensive comments as some of you have against travellers on this site. This is not just a forum charter matter - this is covered by the terms of use which you agreed to when you registered.

If you have a problem, PM me and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Do not respond to this post.

Note - Right Turn Clyde is no longer thread-banned following discussion via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

I also reported the Vid on FB on the grounds that it encourages violence only to be told that it doesn't contravene their standards.

Maybe if enough people report it someone in FB-land will actually look at it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement