Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years in Vietnam

Options
  • 25-07-2015 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, my girlfriend and I are planning on heading to Vietnam on the 28th December and staying until the 15/16 January. The last few years we have met up with all our mates before xmas on the usual nights out but have noticed that the week after xmas is boring as hell.
    Turkey sandwiches and entertaining relatives being the highlight. SO this year we plan on heading away and making use of our annual leave!
    Has anyone done this before or have any tips/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭circadian

Was in Ho Chi Minh city for new years a few years ago. Plenty of expats about and pubs open.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I'm in Vietnam at the minute.

One thing I noticed was how sparse seats/beds on trains were. We literally had to book all our trains in one go to be sure everything fit within our schedule.

This isn't really NYE specific, just something I found out. And I guess with it being low season at the minute it could be even harder to find space when you're there.

Advertisement