Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I've realised today that I am pure interested in a lad I work with, which in itself probably isn't great; no honey where you make money, but it's good because it means I think that I'm finally over my ex

HURRAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I've realised today that I am pure interested in a lad I work with, which in itself probably isn't great; no honey where you make money, but it's good because it means I think that I'm finally over my ex

HURRAY

That's an important step. I've been unattached almost a year now and a few weeks ago I tried to convince myself "You seem... single...?" was an acceptable chat up line.

Scientific journals are yet to identify apathy as a pheromone.

That's an important step. I've been unattached almost a year now and a few weeks ago I tried to convince myself "You seem... single...?" was an acceptable chat up line.

Scientific journals are yet to identify apathy as a pheromone.

I've been single over a year now and I'm beaming that I did because I feel like I've grown into myself you know? :cool:

Someone seeming single is always a good sign :D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The first while after a break up can be rough but I think the sadness soon or at least eventually turns into relief when you realise you're better off, and hey, being single ain't all that bad :)

Yay for us singletons!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Finally got confirmation that I have a house to move into once my lease here is up. I need to scrape a deposit together pretty sharpish, but yay for not having to go looking for houses again. :)

• Advertisement

The lad I fancy at work and I were flirting mad last night to the point the others were like JUST SHIFT ALREADY.

We didn't unfortunately but it's only onwards and upwards :D Genuinely beaming today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

The lad I fancy at work and I were flirting mad last night to the point the others were like JUST SHIFT ALREADY.

We didn't unfortunately but it's only onwards and upwards :D Genuinely beaming today

"shift" ;)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    "shift" ;)

Do you say something else Hugs ;) I'm genuinely beaming today though because there seems to be a reciprocation of feelings anyways :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Go you, go you!

I'm getting adorable good morning and goodnight texts, and it's seriously sweet.

That's the cutest! I'm far from that sort of thing but it is a step in the right direction. ðŸ’Â႒

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Adorable right direction moving relationship is adorable. Just putting it out there.

Hopefully something will come of it but if not, it's been nice to have a bit of excitement for the summer haha ðŸ’Â႒

Not only do I have the top yak in Galway, I also got accepted on to one of the public yak pages (Im sure atleast half of yee ate wondering what the hell am I talking about) What a time to be alive :cool:

I really should be studying :o

Congrats Hugs!!
    My sister is obsessed with Yik Yak so I understand that this is a very very very big deal :)

I'm waiting to hear back from Yik Yak about a job. I JUST WANT TO WORK FOR YOU GUYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭ Ignacio Tasteless Nectar

I'm playing the best football I've played in a long time since changing position and feel the fittest ever. And I'm getting a haircut in the morning.:D

I get to see one of my best friends tomorrow. And then I get to queue outside Tesco for an hour so my sister can get her hands on the CAO points. (She's also promised the LC forum that she'll get them, so I HAVE to now)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I have to ask... why would you need to queue at Tesco to get the CAO points?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I have to ask... why would you need to queue at Tesco to get the CAO points?

Obviously they sell the next days papers very early that night/late the night before!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Obviously they sell the next days papers very early that night/late the night before!

I feel bad for not knowing this "obvious" fact now. :P

Srsly though, you could not have paid me enough to queue for a newspaper when I did my LC. I mean, the papers realistically don't arrive until what, 2-3am? And people can check their offers at 6am? People needs to chill. :pac:

Yah: Speaking of Tesco, I got cheesecake slices from them. My good lord they're bloody epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I get to see one of my best friends tomorrow. And then I get to queue outside Tesco for an hour so my sister can get her hands on the CAO points. (She's also promised the LC forum that she'll get them, so I HAVE to now)

A friend of mine done that for herself, her course turned out to be 495* (only some who got 495 got in if anyone doesn't remember CAO) and she had 495 points, poor girl had an hour and a half of absolute torture before getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Jebus, Mary and jemosef. Ya crackers or what?

A friend of mine done that for herself, her course turned out to be 495* (only some who got 495 got in if anyone doesn't remember CAO) and she had 495 points, poor girl had an hour and a half of absolute torture before getting in

Personally, I think I made the right decision by just sitting in my warm bed listening to happy music all night the night before offers came out. :P

Leaving Certs be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I'm glad I had zero CAO points anxiety. My first choice was the lowest honours degree points course in the whole country. Got 120 points more than I needed. :D

pajor wrote: »
    I'm glad I had zero CAO points anxiety. My first choice was the lowest honours degree points course in the whole country. Got 120 points more than I needed. :D

Heh, now that you say that, that could be the reason I'm so confused about this... I was 175 over the previous years points for mine and ended up with 140 to spare. :pac:

I was in Wales when my offer came out, CONVINCED I wasn't going to get my course. Look how things change?

But yeah, the poor thing is petrified, so it'll be at Tesco for about 4am so she can tell if she got the course or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Jesus I'd have died (not literally :pac: ) if that was me. The * just means completely random selection of those with those points doesn't it? So cruel, imagine having the points but just happening to not get your dream course like.

Then again I got the course I wanted and regret picking it. :pac: At least that's entirely my fault though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

oseia wrote: »
    Jesus I'd have died (not literally :pac: ) if that was me. The * just means completely random selection of those with those points doesn't it? So cruel, imagine having the points but just happening to not get your dream course like.

Then again I got the course I wanted and regret picking it. :pac: At least that's entirely my fault though. :P

The year after that was my turn. I'm a night guy anyway so being up until 5/6 is nothing new to me so I obviously did it CAO night. I was a HEAR student so CAO points didn't really matter to me, seen the points at about half 4 and was 65 off the CAO cutoff, and I had resigned myself to my number 2 choice. Queue me getting my number 1 at 6:01 and losing the rag :P

Fecked things up when in college though and about to defer my medical repeat for the 2nd year in a row (if it's even possible, been putting it off since Thursday) so not every happy CAO story has a happy ending

Shes not taking it but my sister set the point barrier for the course she has down as her no. 1 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I was one of those crazy people who went to the shop at 7am the morning of the cao offers. In my defense my post doesn't come till around 11, at the time the internet was down at our house (stupid middle of nowhere internet) and i was doing a new course and had no previous years points to compare my results with.

Advertisement