Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citycentre(ish) Carpark

Options
  • 19-07-2015 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Staying in Letterkenny and going to do a day trip to Derry.

I am wondering is there any recommendations for a car park for a few hours? We don't mind walking, parked just outside and Belfast and walked about ten minutes, once its safe and cheap.

Thanks!
    (Dublin reg, just in-case that still matters)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭overshoot

Just use the foyleside shopping centre carpark, if you turn off the main LK/Derry road at Newtowncunningham (google maps link) it will bring you straight into derry at that car park. Your right next to the walls/guildhall, peacebridge etc. I think its £1 per hour but a while since iv been in it.

My usual way to derry anyway as a donegal man!
    someone may have other suggestions but this one is central & easy to get to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

overshoot wrote: »
    Just use the foyleside shopping centre carpark, if you turn off the main LK/Derry road at Newtowncunningham (google maps link) it will bring you straight into derry at that car park. Your right next to the walls/guildhall, peacebridge etc. I think its £1 per hour but a while since iv been in it.

My usual way to derry anyway as a donegal man!
    someone may have other suggestions but this one is central & easy to get to
    Thanks!

Going to pay a visit to Brandwell as I'm a big Shelbourne fan and love visiting grounds so that car-park only five minutes in a car :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Foyleside is handiest but you have to pay. I normally tell people to park here. It's a few quiet streets and there's always plenty of room. Takes about 5 minutes then to walk into the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

irish_goat wrote: »
    Foyleside is handiest but you have to pay. I normally tell people to park here. It's a few quiet streets and there's always plenty of room. Takes about 5 minutes then to walk into the centre of town.

If you are up over the weekend, parking in the University beside Lawrence hill is free and behind barriers if your worried about safety

Advertisement