Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petroleum Geoscience MSc UCD

Options
  • 09-03-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hey guy's.

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about the Petroleum Geoscience MSc at UCD?

I've been offered, and accepted, a place on it for enrollment this coming September. I've read up all I can on it, met staff and current student and I'm super excited about starting it! Still I'm hunger for more anecdotal information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Looks really interesting so it does. I know Peter Haughton who runs it, he's a nice chap but you'll have your work cut out for you. I'd imagine the seismics and geophysics in general will be pretty important along with the all-encompassing, and inescapable field of SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY!!! :pac: From what I've heard there's something like ten people doing it this first year of being run, so I'd say they're keeping the numbers tight so it's more concentrated for teaching, practicals, and field trips.

Good luck with it, you're in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭xtralong

Hi just wondering did the OP ever complete this course and what they though? Also what degree did the OP do.

Any other info. from anyone else who is completing or has completed this course would be great such as, acedemic background, previous employment and job progression afterwards.

Do you think some one with a degree in Geography and MSc in Envrionmental Science would be eligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

xtralong wrote: »
    Hi just wondering did the OP ever complete this course and what they though? Also what degree did the OP do.

Any other info. from anyone else who is completing or has completed this course would be great such as, acedemic background, previous employment and job progression afterwards.

Do you think some one with a degree in Geography and MSc in Envrionmental Science would be eligible?

you should apply any way and see to be honest.

Advertisement