Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graves in Carrickmacross

Options
  • 05-07-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hello all.
    I wondered if there are any search facilities for graves in Carrickmacross? I am looking for the graves of Joseph McCabe and John Mee, they died between 1915 and 1918, and try as I might I cannot find anything to aid me on my search. Can you suggest any avenue I might try? I live in Tipp so visiting Carrick is not a runner.
    Thanking you most sincerely in advance for any help you might give.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

This should be your link: http://www.carrickmacrossworkhouse.com/index.php/st-josephs, but the "Search Graves" option seems to be non-functional. There is contact information for the organisation that looks after the site, so you might follow up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thank you Sir, in the land of the blind...the one-eyed man is King. I did try that link in the past without success, I will send them an email and keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks again.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Please report back. I might be able to find another channel if you are stuck.

Sadly, no news yet.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Give it a week or two, unless it is really urgent for you. People might be on holidays.

• Advertisement

Of course.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

I see that the link has been fixed. Did you find anything relevant to your search?

Sorry for not coming back sooner I was away. The link does not allow searches of graves. Oh, that it were otherwise. Thank you kindly for your help.
    Tom.

What sort of search? I found this, for example:
    Fallen & Broken Headstone - In loving memory of James Mee, Carrickmacross, who died 15th January 1907, aged 52 years. Also to the memory of James Martin. John J. Mee, 69th Div. Company B.168 Infantry. U.S. Army, killed in France 16th July 1918. His brother J. Mee, died 24th May 1959. His wife Elizabeth Mee, died 7th August 1959. - On Whose Soul Sweet Jesus Have Mercy - Erected By His Sorrowing Wife And Family. - R.I.P.
    This was the page that I used for searching: http://www.carrickmacrossworkhouse.com/index.php/search-graves

Thank you P Breathnach, That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you most kindly. Your help was very much appreciated.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement