Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So now Kathryn Thomas' ma escaped the Tunisian killer!!

Options
  • 03-07-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭

Well, if you actually read the story, she didn't as she was nowhere near where it happened, plus she was in Ireland when it happened:rolleyes:
    http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/kathryn-thomas-my-mum-escaped-being-attacked-in-tunisia-31346245.html

"On Monday March 16th my mother walked out of the Bardo Museum at 3pm and flew home. Two days later, 22 people were killed when two gunmen stormed the museum and opened fire," Operation Transformation host Kathryn stated.

Sweet Lord, what passes for a news story these days?

And no pictures of her Ma, instead nice shots of KT posing.

I despair for this celeb culture, its is mind numbing.

Comments

It's not just trite, that would be fine, it's actually fairly shameless and tasteless. People really died, they should put their own lame "close shave" story aside for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Shameful stuff. These B list celebs will do anything to stay in the public eye

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Shameful stuff. These B list celebs will do anything to stay in the public eye

B list? She barely makes the Z list. Utterly tasteless carry on, would expect nothing less from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shame on the Indo for thinking this was even relevant to anybody in Ireland.

I would see through it if she had stayed at that hotel and beach that was shot up, but she wasn't even there.

But sure it gets our Kathryn a bit of publicity. And fills their website.

I do agree that it shows a lack of respect for those who actually died, plus their families, especially considering we had Irish fatalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

In fairness, that's how she feels and so you should respect that.

Had a close call with 9/11 myself and so I can relate.

Was in New York and just browsing in the CD section of Tower Records. It just really felt eerie, like something was in the air, no idea why and just as I reached for a CD (U2's 'All I Want Is You' as it goes) .. suddenly, as if by faith, I realized I was actually reaching for 'All I Want Is You' by 911 by mistake . Jesus. To think how close I was scares me when I look back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

sweet jesus, Wait til we find out how Caroline Morahan is coping...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SmilesInMass

If you despair for it so much you probably shouldn't repost the story on other websites where it'll get viewed more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

My mate is from the same town as this Kathryn Thomas. He doesnt name her he just calls her that wagon from Carlow. Sounds fair enough. Another of my friends, who is a bigger liar than Pinnochio, said shes fierce craic altogether. Bit of an RTE muppet. Not as important as she thinks she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have heard stories about her before, not good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My aunt's husband danced with her one night.
    End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

A relieved Kathryn Thomas has told how her mum escaped from danger as she fled Tunisia just before a group of people were brutally murdered.

If she "fled" the country, this would suggest that she had foreknowledge of the events to follow 2 days later.
    I reckon a 5 month trip to Guantanamo is in order, if not for some lessons on word choice, then maybe a bit of a deradicalization program for the pair of them.

Numptys.

And shame on the indo (If they have any left) for publishing that rubbish. That's the sort of sh1te story you would sneer at someone for telling in the pub after a skinful, let alone putting it in a national paper.

I've taken the pi$$ out of waffling aunts and uncles for this sort of codsh1t before. Is that the calibre of writing that the indo wants ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Yep, same here. She has a few skeletons in the closet so I'm told.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

If I'd been to Tunisia a couple of days before a massacre, I'd feel pretty relieved to have narrowly missed it. KT wrote about it in her own column - insensitive given the wider context, but people with their own column often write about their own experiences and concerns.

I'd have left it there. The Indo somehow thought it was worth another article. Although, to be fair, not as news. It seems to be in the "Style" section, which is just gossip and clothes. The word "fled" was ridiculous, but it seems to have been used by the "journalist" rather than being a direct quote from anybody.

I won't be losing sleep over this article, but I think it reflects badly on the Indo rather than on the subjects of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭denismc

You can't mention stories and then not give us some details.
    Go-on shur we won't tell anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I like toast....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

That's a shame, sniff sniff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

"Without a doubt security should be ramped up. It was and is up to the Tunisian government to do everything to protect its citizens and its tourists," Kathryn urged.

Thanks for that Captain Fcuking Hindsight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

She's a nobody, who honestly cares what she has to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I take you are from Devlin Co Westmeath Jonjo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm pretty glad I have no idea who that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I clicked the link ... why did I click the link. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It's just another in the long line of weekly self-publicising 'stories' in the Indo that Katherine signed up for. Now you know why the Indo is saying it's advertising revenue is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gavinn wrote: »
    HEY EVERYONE!
    Make sure to run every thread by Pizza Man before you post it.

Wouldn't want to waste his 1am browsing time with something that doesn't interest him; you know, that thread he clicked on...and read...and replied to.

Phew, glad that's all sorted.

Hi re-reg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Gavinn wrote: »
    HEY EVERYONE!
    Make sure to run every thread by Pizza Man before you post it.

Wouldn't want to waste his 1am browsing time with something that doesn't interest him; you know, that thread he clicked on...and read...and replied to.

Phew, glad that's all sorted.

Lets spot the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

All I can say is I'm touched..

By this story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I don't know about you but I'm quite breathless having read that account.

Upon her arrival back home had she fallen down the stairs and died how so called Alanis Morissette would that have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Well I don't know about you but I'm quite breathless having read that account.

Upon her arrival back home had she fallen down the stairs and died how so called Alanis Morissette would that have been?

Ironic..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm ringing Kathryn's ma for the lotto numbers later tonight because she was right on the button when she fled Tunisia…

Advertisement