Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Card Poker

Options
  • 02-07-2015 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my friend got into argument tonight regarding 3rd card Poker. For those that know the rules know how it works( If it's the wrong forum please redirect. My friends said that the dealer has an advantage as we can't see her cards. My argument is that if each person showed each player the cards that they got, the advantage is in our favor thus increasing the odds. As we are betting against High card Queen at a certain stage if each player has AAA KKK QQQ JJJ 101010 999 I can't see how the odds arn't in our favor to bet.

In basic terms the argument was, if everybody showed their cards would the odds be in favor of the dealer or yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

If everyone showed their cards it does increase your chances, but it doesn't give you an edge against the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

3DataModem wrote: »
    If everyone showed their cards it does increase your chances, but it doesn't give you an edge against the dealer.

But for the play bet if you saw everybody elses card, surely that's giving you an edge on weather to back or fold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

But for the play bet if you saw everybody elses card, surely that's giving you an edge on weather to back or fold?

Well sure it's giving you more information on whether to bet or fold, and might make the decision slightly different for very marginal queen high hands. But it doesn't make the game profitable.

Advertisement