Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    Fandango got hurt the month after, in his absence, his push was given to Curtis Axel but fans were never given a real reason to believe in Axel other than he was with Paul Heyman.

Once Fandango returned, interest in his push had cooled - and they were hesitant to give him the same push then due to it not working with Axel.
    Yes I remember that, shame really. Joe Hennig is not very interesting either while Fandango was the opposite.

Is it safe to say it'll be Sting and Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If not, who would you choose? John Cena?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

No its fair from safe to say that. It doesnt look like Sting will be back and with the streak gone any intrigue in a Cena/Taker match is gone. If Taker wrestles and theres no guarantee he will, it will be against a Sheamus or Kevin Owens type heel like with Wyatt this past WM

LeeJM wrote: »
    No its fair from safe to say that. It doesnt look like Sting will be back and with the streak gone any intrigue in a Cena/Taker match is gone. If Taker wrestles and theres no guarantee he will, it will be against a Sheamus or Kevin Owens type heel like with Wyatt this past WM
    I can possibly see a Sting and 'Taker match as the WWE are trying to sellout the stadium in Texas. Undertaker not coming back? If that was going to happen it would have been at WrestleMania 30. Also with Wrestlemania being in Undertaker's home state it will most likely be his last match, therefore they're going to go above and beyond to make it a special encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Undertaker vs Sting double retirement match with Austin as the special guest referee the night after both go into The Hall of Fame that would be my dream booking for both of them.

• Advertisement

Steve Austin should be involved in the card somehow, Special referee being the most obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I agree having Taker on the card in Texas makes sense BUT its not a guarantee. He's a 50 something multi millionaire, he may not want another 3 months of pre mania training and another month after of recovery (timescales are just a guesstimation on my part).

As for Austin, I have no doubt he'll be heavily involved for Mania

If you were running the WWE and you had Sting and Undertaker on your roster, you are paying them as much as possible to get them to work at Wrestlemania because they will earn you that money back. I would imagine Undertaker wouldn't say no to going once more in front of 100K people and Sting is mad for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hate when Paige says ''This is my house''. Cringe central.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Now this a fairly random thought for ya's my Mother in Law would make an amazing Vickie Guerrero type Heel , If ya gave her the bad news barrett gimmick (hear me out)

She's one of these old fashion closed minded people who hates immigrants and thinks all americans are fat ....a few of her many beefs with society and she has a really distinctive voice too now picture the scene

Raw opens up Bad News Barret's music comes on and out comes this old woman with short to medium grey hair in a bob and woody allenn style glasses and a small blue T-shirt, She walks to the edge of the ramp facing the crowd .....I'm afraid I have some bad news !!! You're all fat useless Americans !!

Cue instant heet and a new character is born Bad News Mary....

Thats my random thought for the day my missus was nearly wetting herself when i pitched it to her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    I hate when Paige says ''This is my house''. Cringe central.

Oh man yes. I'd consider it a heel thing to say. I know she comes from a wrestling family but she's only been on WWE's main roster about a year. And has had nothing but disappointing feuds - that AJ feud failed both in the ring and storyline-wise. Not even that fake lesbian storyline could help them!

On a side point, with how quickly she's been running through feuds (already a 3-time Divas champion and most prominent Diva; on Total Divas, on Tough Enough) it feels like she'll be done with WWE in a few years, like AJ.

Now this a fairly random thought for ya's my Mother in Law would make an amazing Vickie Guerrero type Heel , If ya gave her the bad news barrett gimmick (hear me out)

She's one of these old fashion closed minded people who hates immigrants and thinks all americans are fat ....a few of her many beefs with society and she has a really distinctive voice too now picture the scene

Raw opens up Bad News Barret's music comes on and out comes this old woman with short to medium grey hair in a bob and woody allenn style glasses and a small blue T-shirt, She walks to the edge of the ramp facing the crowd .....I'm afraid I have some bad news !!! You're all fat useless Americans !!

Cue instant heet and a new character is born Bad News Mary....

Thats my random thought for the day my missus was nearly wetting herself when i pitched it to her
    Is that you Vinnie Ru? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Could you imagine the state of wrestling if everyone was as selfish as Nash and bicycle shorts Triple H?

Everyone is, they just aren't as good as getting things their way as those two. Look at how Punk tried to hijack the entire business for his own personal wealth, for example, then ****ed off blaming everyone but himself when he couldn't. He was presented as a hero because he worked enough people into believing said wealth was crucial to the future wellbeing of the business, but was just a failed Kevin Nash in reality. I didn't see Daniel Bryan going out of his way to defend WWE's right to book the show however they wanted either, he was delighted to stoke the flames when the wind blew his way. Then kept his dignity, instead of fighting a losing battle, and played company guy when it blew the other way. Exactly the same as Punk except Bryan is more rational and thinking long-term.

I don't say any of the above as a criticism (except I take issue with Punk trying to work the world and present his case as a matter of public wellbeing), by the way, that's just the reality of what wrestling is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is that you Vinnie Ru? :D

This woman has to be seen to be believed seriously

But Punk is a quieter...

Is it fair to say WWE didn't do nearly enough to bridge the gap with Punk after he walked out? Pretty sure Punk even said himself he might have been convinced to come back if someone had bothered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I'm waiting for her to bring her Mum in to tag against the Bellas for a one shot. I think that would be really good actually.

Oh man yes. I'd consider it a heel thing to say. I know she comes from a wrestling family but she's only been on WWE's main roster about a year. And has had nothing but disappointing feuds - that AJ feud failed both in the ring and storyline-wise. Not even that fake lesbian storyline could help them!

On a side point, with how quickly she's been running through feuds (already a 3-time Divas champion and most prominent Diva; on Total Divas, on Tough Enough) it feels like she'll be done with WWE in a few years, like AJ.

Bah Gawd it's the pollen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Paige hasn't really been that bad, has she? Just every Diva's champion is never given real challengers.

Paige hasn't really been that bad, has she? Just every Diva's champion is never given real challengers.

Her spot calling is awful also, as bad as Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

She looks amazing, carries herself like a superstar, and is quite good in the ring, but from what I see on boards and magazines and such, she's vastly overrated. Maybe people see the potential rather than what's on screen. Her matches aren't amazing, they're good, you know? Her promos are decent, not brilliant. I think we haven't seen close to the best she can offer or will offer a few years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

I assume they're the same MMA snobs that kiss Conor McGregor's ass. I'd like to see that "tough guy" take the same bump Mick Foley took in that match.

Still have to laugh when I see posts like this tho. Why on earth would you like to see an MMA fighter perform a stunt? And judging by the "tough guy" its like you're claiming he's not as tough as Mick Foley!
    C'mon mate, I know you're passionate about defending wrestling but thats a silly thing to say IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

She looks amazing, carries herself like a superstar, and is quite good in the ring, but from what I see on boards and magazines and such, she's vastly overrated. Maybe people see the potential rather than what's on screen. Her matches aren't amazing, they're good, you know? Her promos are decent, not brilliant. I think we haven't seen close to the best she can offer or will offer a few years down the line.
    Yeah. To be honest she has grown on me since she came onto the main roster last year. I really didn't like her for the first half of her time probably, and I wasn't too high on her in NXT either. But in 2015 I've found her pretty enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm a huge fan of Paige, and I think she's the best thing to come along in quite a while. However, she's somewhat limited by her choice of "dance partners" in ring, many of whom can't wrestle much at all.

She may come across better when some of the better females come up from NXT, Becky, Charlotte, Sasha etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Paige is a weird case. The biggest factors in evaluating her main roster stint is firstly none of us know the level of micromanagement that goes into her matches by road agents. You saw how stripped out/dumbed down Charlotte's moveset was when she had her Raw match with Nattie last year. Second is she has the busiest schedule of anyone works all TVs and live events, Total Divas, Tough Enough, Comic Con regular as well as tonnes of media and charity stuff so she may not be focused on her matches these days.

What I hate about Paige's matches is they all largely follow the same pattern. Long heel heat section, short and easy comeback and then Paige wins. Haven't noticed but does she still hold her face when she is selling?

I've been aware of her for I don't know how long at least 10 years. It was via Lee Burton and Stewart Allen both friends/associates of her family and their promotion(s) who also covered the UK scene and Women's Wrestling. Everyone speaks very highly of her from friends in England, US indies, developmental and main roster. She has always handled the Wrestling business very well and her fans extra specially well. But I will say I've never gotten the sense in the ring that there's a second generation wrestler in there from her. Her indie experience is greatly overplayed. She worked a specific style in very specific promotion working for her parents. Basically she just beaten up while her opponent told the crowd to shut up. When she worked other indie promotions she was written off as looks over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I always thought she wasn't that great in the ring. She can be incredibly sloppy.

She's nowhere near the level Sasha or Becky are at imo. That being said it's easy to forget she's still only 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

New thought.

I am a wrestling fan but I hate wrestling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I remember watching the doc on Paige's family and it was more about her brother getting the tryout with the WWE just wondering if he ever got anymore tryouts since on the back of Paige making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    New thought.

I am a wrestling fan but I hate wrestling fans.

Ah if you're going to say that at least elaborate!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I remember watching the doc on Paige's family and it was more about her brother getting the tryout with the WWE just wondering if he ever got anymore tryouts since on the back of Paige making it.

I don't think so. He doesn't have the size or look to be honest. He has a son now and his wife is expecting a daughter soon. Zak teams with his brother Roy as the Hooligans on the UK indies. They get extensively booked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement