Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

last top gear to air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Uh oh, better stock up on the kleenex. Ahem, for the tears and snot bubblies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BBC milking it for all its worth now. Looking forward to what changes Evens brings to it.

Saying that I will still watch out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    BBC milking it for all its worth now.

Could you blame them?

Well this is ****ing depressing viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Watching this has reminded me it had to come to an end one way or another, they really were wringing it to death..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

You'd be forgiven for thinking Clarkson had died given the sombre tone of the other two in the studio.

Also, was expecting Chris Evans to pop up at the end to deliver the "and on that bombshell" line right at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Anybody know when this will be repeated ?

Very sad and unsatisfactory. Still time to terminate the Ginge and resume normal service with a few apologies and hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Have to add tho that second segment was one of the best in a long time, genuinely laughed out loud in parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Pretty bad episode to go out on but they had nothing else I guess.
    Also the advert over the silent end credits, well done BBC :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Red Kev wrote: »
    Anybody know when this will be repeated ?

Next Saturday bbc2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No Clarkson or audience in the studio is weird. Went on a bit too long, but generally in keeping with their output, taking the piss.

I did laugh a good few times, including the hibernation/seasonal bit.

It was more like a funeral than a motoring show.

Rightly so. The craic in the jeeps was brilliant. Richards wing walk was the scariest friggin looking thing possible.

Did ye notice the north Yorkshire venue for the last bit? Must have been the night he punched Tymon. Not sure Id be in great form either after standing in a river in wet clothes on a winters night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good catch. ^^

Good catch. ^^

Why, in case I made an excuse for him? I am making an excuse for him. It was a grubby incident, but not inexcusable, too much was lost as a result. Had that Garth Brooks hysterical feel about it. I doubt Tymon wanted it to end. I wonder how he'll feel after a spell working on Zombie Top Gear with a far bigger w@nker than Jeremy Clarkson and some other amateurs with no chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I did have a giggle at the elephant in the room with the two boys.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why, in case I made an excuse for him? I am making an excuse for him. It was a grubby incident, but not inexcusable, too much was lost as a result. Had that Garth Brooks hysterical feel about it. I doubt Tymon wanted it to end. I wonder how he'll feel after a spell working on Zombie Top Gear with a far bigger w@nker than Jeremy Clarkson and some other amateurs with no chemistry.

No, not that. I didn't connect the conditions shown in this particular film with him losing his head. I thought it was a more mundane evening of shooting when it happened. Can't recall the details due to all the fuss. Thanks for pointing it out is all I was getting at.

No, not that. I didn't connect the conditions shown in this particular film with him losing his head. I thought it was a more mundane evening of shooting when it happened. Can't recall the details due to all the fuss. Thanks for pointing it out is all I was getting at.

Cool, sorry for picking that up wrong. Im only guessing too of course but the circumstances tally. Im feeling a bit little like the night of the Thierry Henry handball tonight so pardon my irritation.

• Advertisement

I was surprised his Vauxhall lasted that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Have to add tho that second segment was one of the best in a long time, genuinely laughed out loud in parts

Same here. 1st half was pretty bad but the second was classic. Poor old Hammond was full of feels. Cant wait to see what they come back with.

Whats the story with The Stig. BBC have the rights to him/it I take it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

I did have a giggle at the elephant in the room with the two boys.

where what :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

philstar wrote: »
    where what :confused:

As a last **** you to the PC brigade they hired a 10 ft plastic elephant for the empty studio and named it Jeremy, i.e. the one in the room

Precisely the sort of thing they will be missed for

Some brilliant stuff on twitter. Chris Evans is David Moyes. May and Hammond looked like Dr Who and Davros the dalek boss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I want to know how the Frontera got ripped in half. I'm guessing that was meant to be kept for a studio segment that never got done in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

say what you like about Hammond, but there's no doubt the guy has got balls of steel to do that stunt with the airplane holy moly!!

can't believe he agreed to do that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I want to know how the Frontera got ripped in half. I'm guessing that was meant to be kept for a studio segment that never got done in the end.
    You could hear Clarkson taking an angle grinder to it (when he was giving out that he hated working on Top Gear)

I'm not entirely sure why that needed to be done though - not sure how half a car would have gotten out of the river easier?

• Advertisement

cdeb wrote: »
    You could hear Clarkson taking an angle grinder to it (when he was giving out that he hated working on Top Gear)

I'm not entirely sure why that needed to be done though - not sure how half a car would have gotten out of the river easier?

I thought the noise was a banjaxed starter motor to begin with! I guess the gag was that the front two wheels were already out, so like a newt he cut the tail off.

It was a pretty appropriate challenge to end on, if there had to be an end. Caravans get totalled, c0ck joke wheels, three old bangers tarted up and then wrecked, and a pop at the eco mentalists with humiliation for Hammond. It was like a greatest hits.

Advertisement