Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Analysis Question

• 24-06-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question so apologies if it seems off topic!

I'm currently doing an undergraduate research project and have done an online survey through SurveyMonkey. My survey was online for two weeks and is now deactivated as I've to start analysis, SPSS, etc.

I received 146 responses, however the number that actually completed the whole survey is a bit lower, fluctuating between 129 and 139, depending on the question. I didn't make any of the questions un-skipable, as it is a health-related survey targeting a vulnerable group and I didn't want participants to feel they had to answer questions they were uncomfortable with.

I am just wondering now what this means for my data analysis. I know some of it will be entered as "missing data", however I am wondering what I should count as my final response rate. Is there a certain percentage of the survey which should be completed to count it as a response? (Some people only answered one or two questions before exiting the survey).

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Depending on your analysis you will need to choose a deletion approach - listwise or pairwise. The difference is whether a missing piece of data qualifies a case to be dropped from the dataset for a given procedure, any good introductory stats book should have a better description.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question so apologies if it seems off topic!
    You are most welcome to ask survey data analysis questions in Researcher forum.

You may find Treatment of Missing Data (David Howell, 2012) useful to your analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Thank you both for the advice!
    Black Swan wrote: »
    You may find Treatment of Missing Data (David Howell, 2012) useful to your analysis.

I found this really helpful, thanks so much for the link.

Advertisement