Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question re Sep 2013 campaign

• 18-06-2015 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi I applied back in Sep 2013 and got to AC early 2014 and scored between 50-59. And as you all know the required mark to progress beyond AC was 60.

I was disappointed but life goes on.

Recently was browsing on here again after quite a break and saw someone say alot more than 100 were taken on from the Sep 2013 campaign. Is that correct? It was only meant to be 100 right? And if it was more than 100 were people contacted who were just under 60 and offered onto the Merit List or was the Merit List always more than 100 therefore any extra recruits over the planned 100 were already over the 60 mark in the AC of that campaign( I think you guys call it campaign 1309).

Hope that makes sense - someone put my mind at ease please and tell me I didnt miss a call or letter offering me my dream job lol:p As in nobody who got less than 60 was allowed into GV.

Hopeful, even still now - didnt't apply for May 2014 campaign as I was still a bit sad over prev campaign failure - but will maybe go for it again next time. Great job and some great brave guys and girls are lucky to wear that Green uniform daily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Approx 400 were recruited from campaign 1 and all of them scored over 60. You would have had to pass PCA, online learning and medical before being offered a job so put your mind at rest. Definitely have another go next time, the previous experience from having done the assessment centre will be a massive help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hopeful2013

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Approx 400 were recruited from campaign 1 and all of them scored over 60. You would have had to pass PCA, online learning and medical before being offered a job so put your mind at rest. Definitely have another go next time, the previous experience from having done the assessment centre will be a massive help.

How come it ended up being 400 when it was sold as 100? Good news as that is.

After posting I was reading another thread few hours later and saw that 700 people passed AC and I figured perhaps this was where the 400 came from and I am grateful for your confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

From memory it was 100 until further funding was released and is was confirmed reasonably early that it would be high 300s. Yeah all of them came from the passed AC.

This campaign it is again about 100ish but again will likely be many more an this. It all depends on budgets

Advertisement