Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Walcott will be on my radar next season finished the last 2 games very well

He'll be in my team if fit and still classed as a midfielder. Think he's a striker now in Wengers eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Agree on Walcott. He could be a great alternative for Sanchez who will probably miss a bit of time or not be playing full games at the start due to the Copa America. Probably will come in at around £8.5m too which is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Leicester have signed a defender called fuchs. Straight into prodstons team no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Leicester have signed a defender called fuchs. Straight into prodstons team no doubt.

Aha excellent :pac:

I knew Schalke had released him alright. Doesn't bode well for Schlupperman though as he's a LB with decent enough crossing and set-piece ability in his locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If they could only sign Nathan Ake on loan from Chelsea there's a team name in it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    If they could only sign Nathan Ake on loan from Chelsea there's a team name in it!! :D
    Do it even if they don't!!!

Ok, ideally Leroy Fer gets a move back to the PL too.

Then it's......

Fer Fuches Aké

You heard it here first!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Or if Shay hangs around.

No Fuchs Given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    Or if Shay hangs around.

No Fuchs Given

Fuchs Weimann

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

anyone fancy milner at pool to pick points up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

b541050b87bf0f608d1b3c3fcaf913d9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

For feck sake, what a joke that is. I wish that fffix thing would just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sure it'll be wrong most of the time anyway.

Pfft I'd like to see it predict a Mickey Turner hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sure it'll be wrong most of the time anyway.

I'll turn on Fifa 15 on the xbox and set both teams to CPU and let it fire away! Might be more accurate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd they've made a match sim better than the ones they've spent a fortune on in champ and football manager that is pretty impressive. I'm guessing that isn't the case though.

Young Harry Arter looked lively on his Ireland debut today. One to watch depending on price. 9 goals last season I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Young Harry Arter looked lively on his Ireland debut today. One to watch depending on price. 9 goals last season I think.

Thought he looked muck tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Matt Ritchie aside, i can't see myself taking a chance on any other attacker from the promoted teams starting off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fixtures out on Wednesday at 9am. Is anyone else way more excited than they should be about starting to plan rotations and for players with good runs at the start of the season or is it just me? :)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Matt Ritchie aside, i can't see myself taking a chance on any other attacker from the promoted teams starting off

Troy Deeney is in my notes for now. I'll probably need a cheap, plays-every-week striker to afford the kind of midfield I'm planning.

Paully D wrote: »
    Fixtures out on Wednesday at 9am. Is anyone else way more excited than they should be about starting to plan rotations and for players with good runs at the start of the season or is it just me? :)

No, definitely not just you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Paully D wrote: »

I'll be following the forum here and noting certain players etc but it'll be a few days before the deadline before I start seriously looking at my team. However my disastrous start to last year might give me a kick up the hole when I'm reading all ye're thoughts and plans.:P

I've only thought about it once or twice since the season ended. Up until this year I never got why some regulars here could even consider not playing the following year or at least taking a step back. But I think I got burnt out halfway through the season, having been probably obsessed for the previous number of years :pac:

I'm very much enjoying the break this summer. However once the game is up and running I'm sure I'll be tweaking things daily :) If Norwich ditch Mickey T I could turn my attention to Bournemouth though is as much as I've considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

was thinking of starting a thread based on the input of all boards.ie members to come up with a team to enter and have a captain choice and subs choice each week anyone think it would be a decent idea??

slingerz wrote: »
    was thinking of starting a thread based on the input of all boards.ie members to come up with a team to enter and have a captain choice and subs choice each week anyone think it would be a decent idea??

I would imagine interest would wain quite quickly. If it was a H2H with another FPL forum then that might keep the interest up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A bit of a "FSA All-stars" team? I was thinking about this a while back. Have a thread every week where we can discuss our transfer, then a vote to see what we go for. Could the average of 15-20 of us combine to be great?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A bit of a "FSA All-stars" team? I was thinking about this a while back. Have a thread every week where we can discuss our transfer, then a vote to see what we go for. Could the average of 15-20 of us combine to be great?

I'm guessing probably not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm guessing probably not!

it was the general idea, have a thread for subs, captain each week.

interest may wain as another poster said but if a few were interested in running it then it might be a goer

It would be hard work for the originator (and someone would be bound to say "Hey, you're only meant to have one team") but would be easy enough for everyone else to chip in.

• Advertisement

it was the general idea, have a thread for subs, captain each week.

interest may wain as another poster said but if a few were interested in running it then it might be a goer

That other poster was also me! Worth a try but I would imagine the interest would go up and down with the teams ranking. If the team is in the top 10k I am sure people be willing jumping in to help but if its around the 1m mark people probably won't see the point in putting the time in. Its worth a shot though I'll definitely chip in. It would work better in UFPL where you wouldn't need to worry about making transfers just who to start, bench & reserve.

Advertisement