Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I am delighted to say that hay has been successfully saved since yesterday evening here. Will put up a picture tomorrow as proof ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Seen hay baled today aswell coming home

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Success :D, baled last evening and just as well. Light dust of rain here this morning. Yesterday wasn't much of a day for hay but well fit last evening. Must make room in the barn now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

PN14 wrote: »
    Success :D, baled last evening and just as well. Light dust of rain here this morning. Yesterday wasn't much of a day for hay but well fit last evening. Must make room in the barn now.

Well done PN. What day did u cut. See a neighbours still down. Not fit yet. I'd say he may take the bit of rain that coming over the weekend and wait for the couple of good days next Monday or Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Cut early monday. Wasn't particularly heavy crop only got a sprinkling of 0-10-20 in early april no nitrogen so no heavy butt to dry out. Also field is on an exposed site with no boundary ditches the sun & breeze on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday really made a job of it. I wasn't expecting to get it till this evening when I cut but after turning yesterday there was not point leaving it another day. Just as well with a light mist this morning. Neighbours baled yesterday as well on a similar exposed field couple of fields away also cut Monday. Others around in more shaded fields weren't fit to bale looks like it will be Sunday / Monday now before they get it with some showers forecast for today/tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Not great hay weather, how long before someone starts a thread about big bales heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Hay down around our place, and we got a good bit of rain last night... today isn't a super day on it either then (well, from what I can see out the window)

150 bales done for neighbour today at 1500hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Reggie. wrote: »

Nice green looking stuff...

But Jesus, as if small squares aren't bad enough, but small squares bales without a sleigh... :(
    ;)

Nice green looking stuff...

But Jesus, as if small squares aren't bad enough, but small squares bales without a sleigh... :(
    ;)

Have a sleigh but it was a change of plan as it was to be baled tomorrow. Lovely stuff for calves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Are you going back for the rest of it reggie?:D

joejobrien wrote: »
    Are you going back for the rest of it reggie?:D

Nope the round baler did that it was a rush job so was told to keep going. Rained 30 mins lter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Nope the round baler did that it was a rush job so was told to keep going. Rained 30 mins lter :)

When do you think you will be opening then up and spreading them out again. :)

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    When do you think you will be opening then up and spreading them out again. :)

Not my problem:D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Hope the sheds well insured.

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Hope the sheds well insured.

Ah in fairness it's great stuff. Bone dry aswell. Baled hay just like it last year and wasnt a bother on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Is this silage or hay?

AP2014 wrote: »
    Is this silage or hay?

Hay.

Hay.

Presume ya didn't stick around to help him fork that up onto a trailor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

And you giving out about someone leaving a wig after mower......amount if grass left there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

jaysus we'd have stuff far more wilted than that here and wrap it and call it silage

And you giving out about someone leaving a wig after mower......amount if grass left there.

Went you operate a square baler in light crops gg then you'll understand

When you have three hours to rake 4 acres and bale 150 bales including a 40 min round trip to the yard. I don't think it's too bad ;)

Big difference in mowing with a modern machine and picking up really dry short grass with a 40 year old pickup ;)

Presume ya didn't stick around to help him fork that up onto a trailor :D

I would have only I'm on duty tonight

Jaysus what sort of night duty work do ya do in the army? Or do you mean on duty with the missus? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

He'd want to leave that stuff thrown out around a slatted shed if he's to have any hope I reckon

Jaysus what sort of night duty work do ya do in the army? Or do you mean on duty with the missus? :D

Security duty mate

He'd want to leave that stuff thrown out around a slatted shed if he's to have any hope I reckon

Don't know why but they look alot greener in the photo than they are

Don't know why but they look alot greener in the photo than they are

Think ya were driving so fast with that baler Reggie ya didn't see what colour they were :D

Think ya were driving so fast with that baler Reggie ya didn't see what colour they were :D

I find the lack of faith in here disturbing

• Advertisement

I find the lack of faith in here disturbing

Only take the p*ss Reggie. Making sure ya don't fall asleep on duty!

Advertisement