Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agar

Options
  • 09-06-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

Not sure where this goes but I'm sure It can be moved.

Bored today in work came across Agar.io It's an MMO, extremely simple but extremely addictive and hilarious. Just type in Agar.io no www. or anything.

I don't really know how to explain It, I guess It's like Snake If snake was online and the other snakes could eat you. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Yeah I reached first place in a lobby once then fed one of the smallest players I could find. Haven't touched the game since but I was determined to hitting first and was addicted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I got into the top 10, only played It twice or something but I'll definitely be playing when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yep currently addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Fun little game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's supposedly going on Steam with more features in the near future.

• Advertisement

It's supposedly going on Steam with more features in the near future.

Be interesting to see what features there would be, I played It last night but tbh It gets pretty boring pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How do you divide yourself into more than one ball and why can't I see where the edge is?

E: Also I just got absorbed by someone twice my size without even touching them :/
    E: I realised how to split myself. I also got split into like, ten separate bits accidentally. Was it the green thing? This is fun.

Zillah wrote: »
    How do you divide yourself into more than one ball and why can't I see where the edge is?

E: Also I just got absorbed by someone twice my size without even touching them :/
    E: I realised how to split myself. I also got split into like, ten separate bits accidentally. Was it the green thing? This is fun.

Hahaha ok you press space to slip in two, It's only good for catching smaller faster guys, of course only do It If you know halve your size is bigger then there whole size.

I would also recommend not splitting into more than 2 because you become an easy target. Pressing W allows you to shoot some of your mass out, this can be used as bait, or to speed yourself up If you are being chased.

The green circles are not people they are objects If you are bigger than the circle and you run into It you are essentially dead.

Edit: Sorry forgot, you can't see the edge of the mpa, but If you go to settings and choose dark theme you can, otherwise just look were there are no dots that is obviously where the map ends

I've been shattered into tiny pieces twice by guys shooting mass at the spiky green things, but when I do it I can never make anything happen other than wasting mass. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Also this is insanely addictive.

OK THIS IS DEFINITELY THE LAST TIME

• Advertisement

I've been shattered into tiny pieces twice by guys shooting mass at the spiky green things, but when I do it I can never make anything happen other than wasting mass. Is there a trick I'm missing?

I don't understand how they could get you by shooting mass??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I don't understand how they could get you by shooting mass??

If you pump enough mass into a green blob you can force it to split in the direction your shooting which fires a green blob into someone causing them to split, it's the mechanic to control one person or team being at the top forever cus the larger you get the more vulnerable you are to this attack

VinLieger wrote: »
    If you pump enough mass into a green blob you can force it to split in the direction your shooting which fires a green blob into someone causing them to split, it's the mechanic to control one person or team being at the top forever cus the larger you get the more vulnerable you are to this attack

Yeah this happened to me for the first time last night, was so pissed off. I was in a lobby that came down to only three of us, was very strange.

Yeah this happened to me for the first time last night, was so pissed off.

Yup, I was in the top five for the first time and I exploded for reasons I didn't understand and it was enraging.

All of us Boardsies should jump on at the same time and work together to take over the world...until I eat you.

Eugh. I reach my highest of no 3 today, and it turns out that no 1 and no 2 were part of a three man team, with the third guy constantly suiciding into them. Really seems against the spirit of the free for all.

Eugh. I reach my highest of no 3 today, and it turns out that no 1 and no 2 were part of a three man team, with the third guy constantly suiciding into them. Really seems against the spirit of the free for all.

Hence why I suggest the above ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yep it happens and you'll see the big guys feeding the smaller one by ejecting mass to help them quickly chase smaller guys. Although I did have an amazing game (well games, it's addictive) one night where myself and a guy called Bueno shot some mass at each other forming an understanding and many times we could have eaten each other we actually protected each other and ended up at times 1st and 2nd. I know it's against the spirit of it but I was just so moved by the fact that a person I didn't know and couldn't speak to had formed an alliance with me that neither one of us took the first chance to screw the other over. A very rare thing in video games.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Yep it happens and you'll see the big guys feeding the smaller one by ejecting mass to help them quickly chase smaller guys. Although I did have an amazing game (well games, it's addictive) one night where myself and a guy called Bueno shot some mass at each other forming an understanding and many times we could have eaten each other we actually protected each other and ended up at times 1st and 2nd. I know it's against the spirit of it but I was just so moved by the fact that a person I didn't know and couldn't speak to had formed an alliance with me that neither one of us took the first chance to screw the other over. A very rare thing in video games.

This is evolution in action, I shit you not. This is exactly why human beings did so well in the wild, we chose to cooperate because it gave you a advantage over everyone else.

So yeah, a spontaneous alliance is adorable, but these guys all had the same clan tag and had joined a server together specifically to hijack it.

This is evolution in action, I shit you not. This is exactly why human beings did so well in the wild, we chose to cooperate because it gave you a advantage over everyone else.

So yeah, a spontaneous alliance is adorable, but these guys all had the same clan tag and had joined a server together specifically to hijack it.

Lets do it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bumping this thread as I am playing this a lot lately. Played it years ago but is it the same?

just seems a pure random mess now. No skill. All luck. Get eaten from someone bigger off screen.

Advertisement