Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VFC M4 - Where is the fusebox?

Options
  • 07-06-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I just got a new VFC E series M4. It stopped firing after around 30 rounds! No sound whatsoever so it sounds like the fuse is blown... but for the life of me I can find the fusebox! It's rear wired and I've looked in the stock and inside the buffer tube but I can't find it anywhere! Anyone know where to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Your looking for something that isn't there ,now I'm open to correction but the vfc e series doesn't have a fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Yip Gatling is right, only certain stocks carry the fuse when wired to the rear! Try another battery Dillon, if that does not work take it back to your retailer, do not go tinkering with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

That's what I feared - thanks guys... it'll have to go back - such a disappointment... and I thought VFC was going to be a safe bet. It'll be my faithful Cyma CM040 for another while yet then!

di11on wrote: »
    That's what I feared - thanks guys... it'll have to go back - such a disappointment... and I thought VFC was going to be a safe bet. It'll be my faithful Cyma CM040 for another while yet then!

I would not loose faith in it, i could put a bet on it that it is something small, these kind of things happen does not matter if its high end manufacturers or low end ones, very same principle with buyin a car! Once its running perfect you'll see!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

OK, so the guys at airsoft-entrepot.fr (I live in France) got back to me and suggested I try adjusting the motor height via the screw at the bottom of the pistol grip. Hey presto! We're back in business! My faith in human kind is restored!

I must say, I'm quite impressed by the customer service I got here. Not that you don't get the same in Ireland, but I have no first-hand experience of that :-)

When firing the M4 I hear a very satisfying metallic ping sound when I fire a round that I haven't heard with my other AK variant replicas. Looking forward to taking it for a spin on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

OK, so the guys at airsoft-entrepot.fr (I live in France) got back to me and suggested I try adjusting the motor height via the screw at the bottom of the pistol grip. Hey presto! We're back in business! My faith in human kind is restored!

I must say, I'm quite impressed by the customer service I got here. Not that you don't get the same in Ireland, but I have no first-hand experience of that :-)

When firing the M4 I hear a very satisfying metallic ping sound when I fire a round that I haven't heard with my other AK variant replicas. Looking forward to taking it for a spin on the field.

It's always something simple.

Just be sure it is set correctly, you'll know if you listen carefully the "sweet spot" so to speak. Glad ya got it sorted.

Advertisement