Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the bet be made void?

Options
  • 02-06-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

On paddy power I placed a bet on a basket ball game. The bet was asking which team would reach 15 points first in the second quarter. Neither team hit 15 points. Just wondering should this bet be made void as neither team made the 15 points so it would have been impossible to actually place a successful bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Did it give the option of neither team reachin 15 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

duchalla wrote: »
    Did it give the option of neither team reachin 15 points?

Nope you just picked which team would reach it. To be honest 15 points is so low that you would assume it would be impossible for one of the teams not to hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Pardon the pun, but your best bet is to contact PP and get clarifaction. They'll probably argue that since you betted on Team "A" getting to 15 points first and they didnt, you lose your bet, regardless of the fact of Team "B" not reaching 15 points either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I inquired on the live chat option but didn't get any response. It's not a big deal I just thought there was some rule in gambling in which one option has to be the winning selection for any bet to be valid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭jacool

I'd say its a void bet but would be interested what the odds were. If it was something like 4/6 and 5/4 deffo a two runner race. I know on betfair you would have 3 options, i.e. option 3 neither team

• Advertisement
Advertisement