Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway or Mayo County?

Options
  • 15-05-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I contacted my work that I would like to move west, I don't like dublin because it's way too messy and busy overall.
    You can find "cheap" DIY houses in Co. Mayo which is nice do do.

But That might be far from Galway, but Co. Galway those same DIY houses are way more expensive.

So questions:

- How is internet connection in Co. Galway vs Co.Mayo (small villages)
    - Tax, insurance, monthly bills are they higher in Galway than Mayo?

What might be the benefits of choosing Galway over Mayo or Mayo over Galway?

I don't want to live somewhere in a big city, I prefer to live in "middle of nowhere" but I do want to be close to water/sea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony_m123

I moved from Dublin to Mayo and it was the best decision ever. Internet connection is just as good (I'm with Vodafone) air is very clean, rent much, much cheaper and the rest of bills somewhat similar. Majority of houses hv oil heating but it costs us the same as electric heating in Dublin. Galway is a bit more pricy rent wise. If you have kids this is a grat choice..no pollution, clean air and so much to do!😊

Asmooh wrote: »
    How is internet connection in Co. Galway vs Co.Mayo (small villages)
    Equally poor - check out http://irelandoffline.org/ for any villages you are interested in.

Advertisement