Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever being cheated on or done the cheating?

Options
  • 30-05-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Bit of a random thought here but how many of you would openly admit to cheating on a gf/bf, partner, wife, husband whatever. I don't mean simple stuff like I was with this girl a week and I snogged her mate at the teenage disco, I mean cheated on a long term partner? And who has being cheated on?

I have cheated on a long term girlfriend I still don't know why I did it but I did and it ended the relationship, and I too have being cheated on by a girl I was mad about and it hurt like ****, currently in a long term relationship have children and planning a wedding next yr and never cheated on her, won't say I haven't even looked at another woman because I have course I have but never wanted anybody else for anything. Never 100% sure that she didn't cheat on me but I doubt it trust her with my life.....

Anyhow that's my story what's yours??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What would cheating on your mistress with your wife be called ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Romantic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Was cheated on by three people. One slept with some girl he took home from a club, one cheated with a bloke and has been single ever since (eight years ago) and one slept with my 'friend.' I've never cheated. If I want to shag someone else, I'll break up with my boyfriend first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Does switching hands count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Specialun wrote: »

Only if you're one of those people who don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

Was cheated on by three people. One slept with some girl he took home from a club, one cheated with a bloke and has been single ever since (eight years ago) and one slept with my 'friend.' I've never cheated. If I want to shag someone else, I'll break up with my boyfriend first.

But you never said if u have done that? Ever broke up with a boyfriend to shag someone else??

Specialun wrote: »

Why would you, you always miss a stroke :)

But you never said if u have done that? Ever broke up with a boyfriend to shag someone else??

Nope. Haven't felt the need to.

I find other people attractive, sure. But I don't really understand the logic in dumping someone and thus giving up regular, fantastic sex, for one sloppy night with some random man just because he's hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Interesting TED talk the other day. The speaker was saying that affairs are not so much about sex, but the intrigue, risk, intimacy, communication ...

Its about 20 mins long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Never cheated but have been cheated on. There's nothing worse than that feeling when you know something happened, but instead of being truthful, the person becomes cold and distant. Almost as if they want you to be the one that "ended" it to avoid their own guilt.

Cowardly sh1t.

Nope. Haven't felt the need to.

I find other people attractive, sure. But I don't really understand the logic in dumping someone and thus giving up regular, fantastic sex, for one sloppy night with some random man just because he's hot

That is the truth, but yet people do it everyday, I too find other people attractive but never would I risk everything with my partner just for one nights messy first time sex when Ye exctaly I have great sex at home, I know sometimes it can get boring after a while but there are ways to spice it up in the bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Was in abusive relationship and cheated on him, a lot. I had no self respect and just wanted to feel attractive I guess. Still doesn't make it right. Anyway, he found out and I had to call the guards because he got so out of control angry, hitting me and punching holes in the wall, pinning me up against the wall when I was holding our 1 year old. Haven't seen him in about 2.5 years, thankfully.

He kissed someone about a year before that, I didn't really care though. I kind of hoped he'd leave me for her. I had trust issues then, if I could cheat on someone then they could cheat on me.

Married now and can't imagine ever cheating on my husband, we have a really great relationship and I trust him completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Yep and that's the sensible logical head. Unfortunately we don't all use it, all the time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I cheat on my wife all the time and she hasn't a clue!! :)

She has no idea that when we watch a recorded episode of Family Fortunes that I've already secretly watched it earlier that day ......... she thinks I'm a f****** genius!!! ;)

Yep and that's the sensible logical head. Unfortunately we don't all use it, all the time ;)

I'm rarely sensible, but I am when it comes to not shagging other people, thankfully. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Being cheated on is the worst thing that has ever happened to me..I would advise any man that is doing it/thinking of it to just break up with your wife/partner..you have no idea what it does to them when they eventually find out..
    BTW do men cheat way more than women?Only asking so no need to attack:pac:

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Was in abusive relationship and cheated on him, a lot. I had no self respect and just wanted to feel attractive I guess. Still doesn't make it right. Anyway, he found out and I had to call the guards because he got so out of control angry, hitting me and punching holes in the wall, pinning me up against the wall when I was holding our 1 year old. Haven't seen him in about 2.5 years, thankfully.

He kissed someone about a year before that, I didn't really care though. I kind of hoped he'd leave me for her. I had trust issues then, if I could cheat on someone then they could cheat on me.

Married now and can't imagine ever cheating on my husband, we have a really great relationship and I trust him completely.

You got the happy ending after all the **** you went through, would you ex see his child I just presume the one year old you were holding was his child

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Colser wrote: »
    Being cheated on is the worst thing that has ever happened to me..I would advise any man that is doing it/thinking of it to just break up with your wife/partner..you have no idea what it does to them when they eventually find out..

You can advise women not to cheat aswell there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

MikeSD wrote: »
    You can advise women not to cheat aswell there.

Yeah seems men only cheat with other men :P

• Advertisement

You got the happy ending after all the **** you went through, would you ex see his child I just presume the one year old you were holding was his child

It was yeah. He's 5 now and was 2 the last time he saw his biological dad. For months after he kept saying daddy kill me, daddy hurt mommy. It was Heartbreaking.

He calls my husband dad now and they are really close. I never told him to, always used his name but he just started doing it one day and now it's normal.

We still see his biological dad's parents, have a great relationship with them too thankfully. They don't speak to him either, haven't in years. Ah well.

Colser wrote: »

Not sure about that tbh, I do remember watching a programme about it and they said that a woman had a 70% more chance of cheating when she is obviating, but men I think are hard wired to shag anything that moves, but most of us don't. Look yes touch no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Cheated a lot got cheated on a lot, no complaints though, live by the sword die by the sword

PandaPoo wrote: »
    It was yeah. He's 5 now and was 2 the last time he saw his biological dad. For months after he kept saying daddy kill me, daddy hurt mommy. It was Heartbreaking.

He calls my husband dad now and they are really close. I never told him to, always used his name but he just started doing it one day and now it's normal.

We still see his biological dad's parents, have a great relationship with them too thankfully. They don't speak to him either, haven't in years. Ah well.

That's life, tbh your son is prob far better off without him in his life, even his own parents don't play ball with him that tells me he is a nasty piece of work, you and your son are happy now it's that all that matters. It amazes me when we look back and some of the people we were with and just ask "why" you can't even remember what attracted you to some of these people

Cheated a lot got cheated on a lot, no complaints though, live by the sword die by the sword

It's how the cookie crumbles

Cueva wrote: »
    I think when you become confident in yourself and emotionally mature you can be happy to let your partner enjoy sex with other people, denying people their natural sexual urges is cruel in my opinion.

I don't think my husband would even want to, neither would I. I like the fact that we're committed to each other, I think if we weren't monogamous then some of the intimacy would be lost.

I.always said to him, cheating on.me would obviously upset me but knowing he was cuddling or affectionate with another woman would really hurt.

I think when you become confident in yourself and emotionally mature you can be happy to let your partner enjoy sex with other people, denying people their natural sexual urges is cruel in my opinion.

That's another opinion on the subject too, quite valid one too I think the whole swingers scene is becoming quite big in Ireland, wouldn't be my cup of tea but hey each to there own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I think when you become confident in yourself and emotionally mature, you can be happy to let people who want to be monogamous enjoy their monogamy without suggesting that the (wholly viable when all parties are informed and enthusiastic) alternatives are in some way morally superior.

But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

If thats the case then I dont think I know any confident and emotionally mature people except for one regular poster on here...Then again who knows what goes on in other peopes lives.It would certainly help if thats the way we all felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

"Being French"

Advertisement