Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got my phone yesterday ( having fun customizing ) but can't get 4g. Lte appeared once or twice and vanished and I know it's in the area but there isn't another 4g phone available at the moment to test my sim.

Don't want to go to the 3 store if i can help it!

Also can anyone recommend an easy app to move my texts from my old note 2 ( I loved this phone so the one plus one has a lot to live up to! :) So far so good.

Has anyone heard the rooster alarm tone - flippin hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Grawns wrote: »

Also can anyone recommend an easy app to move my texts from my old note 2 ( I loved this phone so the one plus one has a lot to live up to! :) So far so good.

Has anyone heard the rooster alarm tone - flippin hell!
    ive used sms backup and restore a few times. Although last time for some reason it didn't work, I think I might have copied the wrong folder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

jozi wrote: »
    ive used sms backup and restore a few times. Although last time for some reason it didn't work, I think I might have copied the wrong folder though.

Thanks and yeah tried that already, haven't figured out where to copy the xml file to exactly? Trial and error, I will get there..

In messages/ settingsthere is an option to "manage sim card messages" and some of my old messages are there but there is no option to import them.

There is another option in messages/settings to "import-export messages" but I cannot choose the source

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭irelandrover

im having a lot of issues with the phone recently.

I have the ghost touch issues so sometimes i am unable to unlock the phone without rebooting. The phone also started rebooting itself at random points.

The sandstone on the back cover has also peeled away so now i am left with smooth black plastic spots on the back cover.

At this stage the phone is almost unusable due to the touchscreen issues. i recommended the phone to a lot of people when i first got it but i dont think that id recommend it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im having a lot of issues with the phone recently.

I have the ghost touch issues so sometimes i am unable to unlock the phone without rebooting. The phone also started rebooting itself at random points.

The sandstone on the back cover has also peeled away so now i am left with smooth black plastic spots on the back cover.

At this stage the phone is almost unusable due to the touchscreen issues. i recommended the phone to a lot of people when i first got it but i dont think that id recommend it anymore

How have you managed to peel it away ? are you working on sites etc? Its a tough enough back to manage to do that

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    How have you managed to peel it away ? are you working on sites etc? Its a tough enough back to manage to do that

I dont work on sites. I had the official back cover on it for a while and then removed it.

It developed an air bubble in the middle of the back cover. Eventually that tore. It looks like the backing is just glued in place.

After looking around online it seems it isnt too uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Have the dreaded touchscreen issue. OnePlus won't help because I bought the phone second hand.

This is utterly the worst company I've dealt with. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

I'd agree. Just avoid them. I've had too many issues at this stage

I'd agree. Just avoid them. I've had too many issues at this stage

Brilliant phone don't get me wrong but this is the trade off for the price, I just have a paperweight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've had little to no issues with mine since I got it. No screen issues anyway.,that I know of.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    I've had little to no issues with mine since I got it. No screen issues anyway.,that I know of.

Hope it stays that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I've no issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I've had mine since launch and never a single issue with it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same, never a single issue, 3 of my friends carrying them for months at this stage aswell and zero issues for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

I do get the non responsive touch screen from time to time. Also it can take more than a few seconds for the screen to wake up or brighten. Great phone otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The only time my screen has ever been unresponsive is the lock screen controls for google play music, they are very temperamental in my experience. Best phone I've had hands down.

Contacted Oneplus.cn about my broken screen, they eventually came back and said that they no longer support international repair requests. Load of bollix.

Thankfully found a place in Galway that'll replace the screen for €100, hopefully have it back this week as I'm missing it greatly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Have the dreaded touchscreen issue. OnePlus won't help because I bought the phone second hand.

This is utterly the worst company I've dealt with. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

Not being funny but I doubt any company will deal with a product that's bought second hand

As I said before my only issue has been self inflicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

gar wrote: »
    Not being funny but I doubt any company will deal with a product that's bought second hand

Exactly this. The contract is with the original purchaser. Buying second hand you are always at risk of this.

I've had no issues either, amazing phone for the price, best phone I've ever had and I've had Samsung flagships and nexus 4 and 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Turn off double tap to wake and ambient display fixed my touchscreen issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Poor little phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

padair wrote: »
    Poor little phone.

Ouch, howd you manage that ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did you get shot?!

padair wrote: »
    Poor little phone.

Did the driver of the car stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

listermint wrote: »
    Ouch, howd you manage that ?

The phone fell out of my pocket on the way to work. A stranger found it was able to get my email address from the phone and email me saying that they found it.

But to answer your question, It was either killed by a car running over it or some one killed it with a hammer. Not really sure. just lucky I have it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

safetyboy wrote: »
    Turn off double tap to wake and ambient display fixed my touchscreen issues.

Hope this works, was painful on Saturday, even tried turning phone off by holding power button and it wouldnt turn off.

The touchscreen issue, even though it doesnt happen that often is a nightmare. Keyboard doesnt work when it does happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hi Guys,
    I've been having an issue with "Google Play Music" every since the phone updated a few weeks back.
    It just randomly comes on sometimes and since the update I can no longer swipe it off the screen for the dropdown menu,also pre update there used to be an "X" in the corner for exiting it,that disappeared post update.
    So now in order to switch if off I have to go to settings and into apps and hit "force stop",also if I try to disable it, it just asks me do I want to replace it the factory version.

Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep you need to remove the gestures for it! Had the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi lads,

FYI I switched from Three to Vodafone today and to my very pleasant surprise I found a very strong 4G/LTE signal on the M50, in Rathcoole (where I had a meeting), Sandyford where I work and in Stillorgan where I live. I guess Vodafone are quietly rolling out 4G/LTE on their 1800MHz/Band 3 range??

The funny thing is I'm now getting 4G in the key places I use my phone (home and work) far better than when I was on Three and I switched from Vodafone to Three when I got the OPO back in November specifically to take advantage of 3's 4G but in both my workplace and house their LTE coverage was patchy and I was mostly on 3G.

It would be great to see a map of where Vodafone have rolled out 4G on the 1800Mhz band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

what way are people dealing with the multitouch/phantom touch/touch screen issues.

is there a list of things to try or are people firing them back to one plus?

Cheers

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

JonnyM wrote: »
    I have poor connection to 3G since I updated anyone have similar problem? I have full signal then just randomly drops out and comes back again. Is there any fixes or any help?

Thanks

Anyone have any fixes or similar problems?

Advertisement