Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guidelines, requirements & regulations for public County council Car Parks in Ireland

Options
  • 21-05-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been trying to find information on public county council car parks in Ireland. Specifically whether or not an access and egress entrance and exit are both required for all public car parks? There is a council car park with a single entrance/exit.

Is this legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been trying to find information on public county council car parks in Ireland. Specifically whether or not an access and egress entrance and exit are both required for all public car parks? There is a council car park with a single entrance/exit.

Is this legal?
    I can think of two in Drogheda, one of which has been open for at least 2 decades. I suppose if county councils are to enforce such rules, assuming they exist, they probably won't enforce it against themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I don't understand? You want to know if it is legal to allow people drive into and out of a car park the same way?
    Why would this not be allowed?
    Like how would a single bay perpendicular to the traffic par parking place exist otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭JohnC.

All three council car parks in Waterford City have one entry/exit. I suppose one technically has two, but one leads to a pedestrian zone and is closed most of the day leaving just one.

Advertisement