Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill,cheap Coffee shops in Eindhoven worth a visit..

Options
  • 24-05-2015 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Planning a quick visit out to Eindhoven to visit...Anybody got any recommendations on a particular coffee shop to visit...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Starbucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

Starbucks.

Ha, might be chill...but it certainly aint cheap;p

ok this thread is already off to a "blunt" start;p

What an incredibly specific question.

What an incredibly specific question.

Ok,so i wasn't born with the brains in the family...

Let me rephrase my question " wink wink" is there any particularly chill cheap coffee shops for a "nod nod" Newtonian cake(as to play with Gravity) not just the crumbs and a coffee

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

'T bakkerij maybe, or Pink if they're still there. Most places are crap. Eindhoven is crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Return train ticket to Amsterdam costs €35 and takes about an hour,most,if not all coffeeshops in eindhoven refuse to sell to non dutch residents.Its a good spot for a weekends drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

:confused: Plenty of cafes in Ireland OP?

'T bakkerij maybe, or Pink if they're still there. Most places are crap. Eindhoven is crap.

Ha..yes i was afraid of someone saying this...i susspect its not a hotbed...
    I am just planning a quick break away from the farm from a few days...a few days of vibing to some outdoor music in parks and chatting with randomers about everything rather than looking at freisians is what im after...i do love my friesians though..

Return train ticket to Amsterdam costs €35 and takes about an hour,most,if not all coffeeshops in eindhoven refuse to sell to non dutch residents.Its a good spot for a weekends drinking.

35€...yes amsterdam is a nice place..i always enjoy the vibe there....i thought to do less travelling this time though, hence crappy Eindhoven;p...

catallus wrote: »
    :confused: Plenty of cafes in Ireland OP?

Indeed Catallus, although i quite enjoy a quick jetting trip...i have hung up my big bagpack and enjoy squeezing into a ryaniar overnight bag from rare time to time

• Advertisement

bigtomm wrote: »
    Indeed Catallus, although i quite enjoy a quick jetting trip...i have hung up my big bagpack and enjoy squeezing into a ryaniar overnight bag from rare time to time

I'm just saying, it seems an awful long trip just to get some coffee.

The grasshopper Eindhoven(not to be confused with,probably the worst coffeeshop in Amsterdam,if not the Netherlands) is/was decent enough.Whether its still there or not is anybodys guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I am just planning a quick break away from the farm from a few days...a few days of vibing to some outdoor music in parks and chatting with randomers about everything rather than looking at freisians is what im after...i do love my friesians though..

While there's not as much going on in Eindhoven as in Amsterdam you'll certainly find coffee shops of the kind you require, assuming things haven't changed since the last time I was there. Had occasion to spend a night there while travelling with friends a few years back & wasn't expecting much but ended up really enjoying myself. We met lots of friendly Dutch people & had great chats over a few smokes. So while the city itself isn't amazing the locals are sound, which always makes for a decent stay in my view.

catallus wrote: »
    I'm just saying, it seems an awful long trip just to get some coffee.

it is indeed...it kind of does not make any sense economically , but psychologically it makes complete..

my other option is copenhagen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No point in you going near any of them Big Tom, for you'll be going out the same way you came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

Let me rephrase my question " wink wink" is there any particularly chill cheap coffee shops for a "nod nod" Newtonian cake(as to play with Gravity) not just the crumbs and a coffee

It's a ring toss game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If your into getting mashed on Weed/Mushrooms, Amsterdam is better.

You still need a Weed Pass (Coffee Shop membership) although its not based on residency anymore.

No point in you going near any of them Big Tom, for you'll be going out the same way you came in.

Quite Backwards man, quite...:)

Well Folks...that sure answers my question to some degrees.. Thank you all , insincerely of course :p
    tOm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Just head to Thomas street. You don't even need to buy coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

There are so many enjoyable attractions in Eindhoven. Go have a look at the splendid architecture in Sint-Catharinakerk (St. Catherine's Cathedral), browse around the Van Abbe Museum or even just go for a stroll in Wandelpark Eckhart.

Very typical immature attitude of wanting to just go and get 'monged' on spacecakes. Sadly very common amongst low-achieving Irish males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Been to Eindhoven once....

th...thats allI can say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Fly to Schiphol, then train down to Leiden its only 16 minutes, its big University town with lots of coffee shops. Nice city as well, plenty to see and do in a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

They won't sell you any weed here. It's not boring though, some excellent bars and restaurants, as well as beautiful parks.

Very glad we're rid of the drug tourism here tbh.

Very typical immature attitude of wanting to just go and get 'monged' on spacecakes. Sadly very common amongst low-achieving Irish males.

QFT. Indeed. Why are they laughing, in those cages?

They fashion their fetters to flail in their futility and fulminate at the forbearance of their fraternisers!

What?

Sadly very common amongst low-achieving Irish males.

And plenty of high achievers too it must be said,of both genders.Some folk enjoy walking around taking in the surroundings,others like something a little more hedonistic. Me,I enjoy both. Horses for courses as they say.Personally,I don't find the architecture in Eindhoven anything special, that said I mainly go there en route to somewhere else, so my knowledge of the city is somewhat limited to the main square, and the dommelstraat.For architecture, Utrecht beats it hands down, or as a poster above mentioned, Leiden. You get the lovely buildings and canals,but without the drug tourists you find in Amsterdam,and both towns have a distinctly more Dutch 'feel' about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

There are so many enjoyable attractions in Eindhoven. Go have a look at the splendid architecture in Sint-Catharinakerk (St. Catherine's Cathedral), browse around the Van Abbe Museum or even just go for a stroll in Wandelpark Eckhart.

But sweetheart you are not actually from Bismark. ;) :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

You get the lovely buildings and canals,but without the drug tourists,and both towns have a distinctly more Dutch 'feel' about them.

There are no drug tourists in Eindhoven anymore, the wietpas has been upheld.

There are no drug tourists in Eindhoven anymore, the wietpas has been upheld.

Ah,i didn't clarify it properly,i meant Utrecht and Leiden as opposed to Amsterdam to purchase his 'wares'

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

If you like Friesians then why not go to Groningen in Friesland instead of Eindhoven. Plenty of Friesians there. Big tall blonde amazon women with arses like brewery horses and udders to match.

Why Eindhoven? Ryanair? Actually the airport there is kinda cool. You can sit outside with your beer in the smoking area and watch planes take off and land. It's kinda cool. There's a main square in Eindhoven near the station with a few bars and lots of shopping streets. Been there once for a meeting and then killed an hour drinking before taking the train back to Amsterdam. Never saw any coffeeshops though. The "herb" isn't really my thing.

Advertisement