Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Rumours abound that Porter-Broner is to be at 144. Porter will be dead at that weight. He struggles to make 147.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Panic E wrote: »
    Haymon is getting sued for 300mil by Golden Boy and being investigated for violating the Ali act (bit of gossip for ye)

Deontay Wilder vs Eric Molina is a fight that just got made. Glen Tapia vs Eric Molina for his NABO tile tomorrow night.

Wilder v who?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Wilder v who?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Wilder v who?

Eric Molina is a fighter best known for being stopped in a round by Arreola a few years ago. , he's actually not bad at a domestic level and did rebound from that loss with wins over Tony Grano and DaVarryl Williamson. But he should be nowhere near a title shot.

Likely Wilder Ko1, but even if he doesn't he'll definitely get the job done within 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Henno30 wrote: »
    Rumours abound that Porter-Broner is to be at 144. Porter will be dead at that weight. He struggles to make 147.

Porter won't make that weight like a piece of cake either, if anything I think he'll struggle harder to make 144... I think he's destined to move to 154 again...and I think he will once Canelo moves to 160 and Floyd is out of the picture. The 154 division has potential for a few break out stars.

• Advertisement

Gomez v Soto fight is off (Canelo v Kirkland)

Another Haymon fighter misses weight. Figueroa this time. Fight goes ahead naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Henno30 wrote: »
    Another Haymon fighter misses weight. Figueroa this time. Fight goes ahead naturally.

Figueroa has a little bit of history missing weight. He missed it a couple of times at Lightweight while still a prospect, but got his act together as he got into more serious fights.

Hope Burns is well compensated for this, and it'd be great if he managed to pull off the upset, however unlikely that may be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anthony Joshua fighting tonight...

11150714_10204492895907957_6610174059547747236_n.jpg?oh=8ffb6efc99b1a8b53b6358cc134a1330&oe=55CB8910

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anthony Joshua fighting tonight...

11150714_10204492895907957_6610174059547747236_n.jpg?oh=8ffb6efc99b1a8b53b6358cc134a1330&oe=55CB8910

Pretty much summed up the fight!

• Advertisement

There's talk of Klitchko Vs Fury towards the end of the year.

Porter's team say they've signed a deal to face Broner at 144lbs. Broner hasn't signed yet.

Big gamble from Porter's team to take a fight at 144. It's on June 20th too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,064 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anthony Crolla's comeback fight is for a WBA title. Full title......:confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3079805/Anthony-Crolla-fight-Darleys-Perez-WBA-lightweight-title-seven-months-suffering-fractured-skull-burglar-attack.html

Perez should be too strong for Crolla, whom I never rated. Far too weak IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭megadodge

pac_man wrote: »
    Interesting fight. Marriaga (20-0,18KO) beat Walters in a Olympic qualifier, looks strong but you'd imagine that Walters would be able to keep his distance.

Nice find that video.

Marriag looks handy, but, dare I say, he reminds me of a lot of similar Columbians over the years. He's undefeated with a high KO%, because Columbians just seem to have that 'go for the KO, go for the KO' type of style. It makes for good fights, but they don't seem to have any Plan B and often seem to lack that bit of cuteness at the higher levels.

Don't get me wrong, he has nice balance, good punch variety and high volume and could make things very interesting for Walters. That's a fight worth staying up for, possibly another Cotto/Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Froch & Eddie Hearn are talking to K2 promotions about fighting GGG at 168lbs. Want a Wembley fight. Would be one hell of a match up.

Danny Garcia and Malignaggi confirmed for August 1st....more than less rules Garcia out of a Mayweather fight. Surprised by this as I thought he'd be a shoe in for it. I just hope Canelo/Cotto gets made asap so Floyd wont reach out to Cotto again...whatever about having Cotto as MW champ, having Floyd there would be a right p*ss take. It'll have to be Khan if Garcia, Cotto and Canelo are all tied up in their own fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭megadodge

I got the impression on 'Ringside' tonight that Tyson Fury is next up for Vladimir. They had a phone interview with him and Vlad more or less confirmed it.
    Anyone else hear any news on it?

Mayweather saying Berto could be his next opponent and he would like to fight him. Oh Floyd never ever change :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Andy Lee and Billy Joe Saunders confirmed for Sept 19th in Thomond Park.

Joshua v Wach in Sept, big step up

• Advertisement

Mosley's out of retirement and has signed the contract and all to fight Mayorga again in August. His son will also be on the card, making it the first father-son card ever. I just hope this is a once off thing as Shane is punch drunk as it is...and I hope this doesn't persuade Oscar to go back on his decision to actually stay retired too

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2518659-shane-mosley-to-come-out-of-retirement-fight-ricardo-mayorga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rumours are that Wilder will be fighting Hughie Fury next month :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

menoscemo wrote: »
    Rumours are that Wilder will be fighting Hughie Fury next month :eek:

Not a chance. Hughie is a great prospect and they're not going to throw him in with a top level heavyweight at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

FTA69 wrote: »
    Not a chance. Hughie is a great prospect and they're not going to throw him in with a top level heavyweight at this stage.

Well EsPN are reporting it as almost confirmed. Wilder made the offer and Fury accepted...

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/13370315/hughie-fury-challenge-deontay-wilder-wbc-world-heavyweight-championship-says-peter-fury

I thought Chaves was supposed to be fighting Devon Alexander.

Semi finals from Bulgaria. Ward and Conlan due on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Well Mayorga slapping Mosley's birds ass at the press conference today should sell a few more tickets/PPVs!

Comeback at almost 44 is not good. Roy Jones also fighting saturday:eek:

Upcoming schedule is fairly crap. Don't know how Haymon's disciples are still defending the garbage matchmaking we're getting lately. They're always bragging about him controlling most of the fighters in the sport, and yet it's apparently beyond him to put a few of the better ones in the ring together.

These are probably the highlights for the months ahead:

Sept 22 - Shinsuke Yamanaka vs. Anselmo Moreno (No.1 vs No.3 in the division)

Sept 26 - Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Hernan Marquez (Will probably be easy for Estrada but you never know)

Oct 3 - Lucas Matthysse vs. Viktor Postol (Very good fight. Will Matthysse finally own a title belt?)

Oct 3 - Adrien Broner vs. Khabib Allakhverdiev (Might be alright)

Oct 16 - Andrzej Fonfara vs. Nathan Cleverly

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux/Roman Gonzalez vs. Brian Viloria/Tureano Johnson vs. Eamonn O’Kane (Finally a good card)

Oct 24 - Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury/Kell Brook vs. Diego Chaves/Terence Crawford vs. Dierry Jean

Nov 4 - Alexander Povetkin vs. Mariusz Wach

Nov 7 - Tim Bradley vs. Brandon Rios

Nov 21 - Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez/Takashi Miura vs. Francisco Vargas

Klitschko-Fury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Read on a website that the WBC have told Wilder that Povetkin is now a mandatory challenger and purses have to be agreed by Feb 26th. He has had 3 voluntary challenges against nobodies and they said enough is enough. Will be interesting to see how this goes as Wilder likes to talk himself up but although Povetkin would be his toughest opponent by a good distance, he is not a big money name.

Advertisement