Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grace And Frankie-Netflix (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 10-04-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭

Netflix’s reteaming of 9 To 5 stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin goes live on May 8, and now we have the first trailer. Grace And Frankie revolves around two longtime nemeses who learn that their husbands not only are gay but in love and plan to marry. Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) finds their lives turned upside down and permanently intertwined, much to their annoyance. Created by Marta Kauffman (Friends) and Howard J. Morris (Sullivan & Son), the 13-episode series also stars Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston. That makes it 4-for-4 Emmy winners as leads.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/grace-and-frankie-trailer-jane-fonda-lily-tomlin-netflix-1201407507/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Added across all regions today.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had this on my wait list so I had been looking forward to it. I'm just finished the first episode and I've not been let down. Really great acting and four or five genuine laugh out loud moments.

"If anyone is going to sit on Ryan Gosling's face, it's gonna be me!" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, pretty good first episode. Wasn't that keen on the beach scene, so we'll see. They do sell the comedy and the writing has a mature feel to it, as in, being generally well-rounded.

Couple of good gags, including the visual ones.
    Jameson and ice cream.
    :pac:

I finished the series earlier on. I really hope it comes back for a second series coz it is so enjoyable. Some really good laughs and Frankie is just the funniest lady ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I love Martin sheen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Just watch the series over 2 days. Loved it. Any show that can manage to get me to laugh out loud gets my vote. Looking forward to more.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Enjoying it, but don't believe those two older men as a couple for a second, when they kiss it's almost like 'gay chicken'. Two female leads are excellent as expected, I know they have had 'work done' but no one can deny how flexible the appear to be in their late 70's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Jane Fonda is my hero. She's such an incredible representation of old age, especially for women. I know she sets an unrealistically high bar, but she's sets a great example for any people who may feel that just because they're old, they're useless or irrelevant. Post-menopausal women are so often represented by television as pointless and beyond their sell-by date. It's good to see a show which promotes life after your family have grown up and stopped needing you as a mother.

The one thing I will say about the show... I know the main characters are elderly, but the self-medicating and casual prescription drug abuse is a bit shocking. I mean, I thought American Psycho was exaggerating but it looks like pharmaceutical companies really do have a vice grip on culture there. They might as well be tweaking with their uppers and downers - Coyote is a great character to have there because he represents the double standard they have about the acceptability of control through medication. Prescription drug abuse is fine but if you go off the wall with weed or coke, you're a menace?

Renewed for a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Chloris wrote: »
    pharmaceutical companies really do have a vice grip on culture there.

Ditto here buddy.
    Prescription drug abuse by especially middle aged women in Ireland is pretty high.

Also, June Diane Raphael steals this show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've watched 8 episodes. It's fun. I'd imagine the dating and sex lives of those aged 70+ are not commonly discussed, so it's good to see something tackle that, even if it's a bit delicate to hear. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm just finished episode 8 and have been really enjoying it so far. I'm finding Martin Sheen to be the weak link unfortunately, but I think that's more down to the way his character is written than anything else.

Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda are both absolutely fantastic. Great to hear that it's been renewed for season 2.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just finished this at the weekend and loved it. It's so easy to watch and fun. Martin and Sam as a couple are not overly believable but the ladies are amazing. Lily Tomlin is hilarious :D

Grace And Frankie has yet to air its second season next year, but we’ve learned that the Netflix comedy series has been given an unofficial green light for a third. Pre-production on Season 3 already is underway

http://deadline.com/2015/12/grace-and-frankie-renewed-season-3-netflix-1201664481/

Season 2 is up.

Frankie's comments about the Pope in 2.01, plus the email in 2.02. :pac:

And the stunt in 2.08, eh...

Frankie is such a fantastic character

• Advertisement

It's as tragic as it funny sometimes. Alzheimer's, assisted suicide...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Can't wait for this to come back 😆 Guilty pleasure ! 😂

Grace and Frankie went up on Netflix yesterday. Just sitting down to get started on the first episode of the new season now!

Drinking game has promise. :pac:

Drinking game has promise. :pac:

Coyote being disappointed about not being able to participate in the game he invented was funny!

You could make up a full book of Frankie quotes.

"I cook the way I paint. With intense sexual rage".

Paramedic: "I don't recommend that."
    Grace: "I don't either."
    Frankie: "What is this, yelp?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I flew through this season, thought the writing was really strong and Tomlin and Fonda were in perfect form. There was more use for Waterston and Sheen too.

June Diane Raphael is just a joy to watch as well. Would love another season.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GraceandFrankie/status/852193849208340480

:eek:

Having to wait a full year though!!!

Advertisement