Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Centenary edition

• 05-05-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Just noticed the paddy irish whisky, centenary edition.

Not many reviews for it.

Opinions ?

(the 'e' was intentionally omitted)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

pa990 wrote: »
    (the 'e' was intentionally omitted)
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    :confused:

Paddy went against the initially Dublin but later irish trend of calling it whiskey and omitted the e. They left the e out of the centenary edition as a nod to the old brand as it would have been.

Cracking whiskey, it's a 7 year old pot still and well worth picking up if you come across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

lord lucan wrote: »
    Paddy went against the initially Dublin but later irish trend of calling it whiskey and omitted the e. They left the e out of the centenary edition as a nod to the old brand as it would have been.

Cracking whiskey, it's a 7 year old pot still and well worth picking up if you come across it.
    Cheers for the explanation, I wasn't aware of this ;)

You learn something new every day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

lord lucan wrote: »

I saw it on a few shelves recently, and s Google search says that it was a limited release back in late 2013.

I'm just curious, if it has been re-released , or if this is just the last of the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

There were 1,500 bottles for Ireland, more for foreign markets. Not sure if they are making any more of it. It's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

pa990 wrote: »
    I saw it on a few shelves recently, and s Google search says that it was a limited release back in late 2013.

I'm just curious, if it has been re-released , or if this is just the last of the stock.

It's all the same stock as I understand it, they have no intention of repeating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

It's selling for €77.50

I picked up two bottles

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dragging up an old thread I know, but noticed this today in SuperValu.

Have they re-released it I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

mik_da_man wrote: »

What SuperValu was that?

I doubt it, they probably ordered it in when released and no one bought it. A rep from Irish distillers told me he came across an older bottle of Jameson 12yo in an off licence in West cork, still priced around €40. Plenty of rare stuff sitting around in quieter parts of the country apparently.

• Advertisement

What SuperValu was that?

Seen it in Carrigaline

I doubt it, they probably ordered it in when released and no one bought it. A rep from Irish distillers told me he came across an older bottle of Jameson 12yo in an off licence in West cork, still priced around €40. Plenty of rare stuff sitting around in quieter parts of the country apparently.

Strange, cause i'm in there regularly and only noticed it recently..
    May have been sitting in a stock room.
    Must pick some up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Seen it in Carrigaline
    what was it going for ?

I see its on amazon.de for €80 which in the bigger scheme of things doesnt sound too bad.

78, but I have a voucher which will reduce it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Seen it in Carrigaline

Thanks for that hope I can pick up one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Thanks for that hope I can pick up one!

I've seen it in several supervalu stores so you should be in luck.
    imo it's not worth €78 considering what you can get for less, it is 43% though, I wonder if that makes much of a difference to the price.

Advertisement