Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest skip hire in waterford?

Options
  • 04-05-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone know 'which is the cheapest skip hire in Waterford , I need a small skip for general stuff, bits of everything really from a shed nd house clear out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

would skip bags be suitable? becoming popular. havent used them myself though and seem to cheap enough. sorry cant post links but google them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Friends of the earth 180euro for a regular size skip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone know what the minimum time is for hiring a skip ,Will they wait 20 mins /half an hour , if you have everything ready to go when they arrive.
    A drop ,fill and go type of thing or do you have to take it for half a day at least or something.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know what the minimum time is for hiring a skip ,Will they wait 20 mins /half an hour , if you have everything ready to go when they arrive.
    A drop ,fill and go type of thing or do you have to take it for half a day at least or something.

id like to know this myself. be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would skip bags be suitable? becoming popular. havent used them myself though and seem to cheap enough. sorry cant post links but google them

Can never understand why anyone would choose one of these over a mini skip.

Twice the capacity, and you don't have to build a bloody "frame in a bag" before you start loading either.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Can never understand why anyone would choose one of these over a mini skip.

Twice the capacity, and you don't have to build a bloody "frame in a bag" before you start loading either.

good point but there must be some sort of demand for them or is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    good point but there must be some sort of demand for them or is there?

Of course there is; those who don't understand the substantial size difference, the insignificant price difference and those who succumb to the clever advertising campaigns. There's your market right there ;)

dodzy wrote: »
    Of course there is; those who don't understand the substantial size difference, the insignificant price difference and those who succumb to the clever advertising campaigns. There's your market right there ;)

hahaha good point

ah i know some that used them and were happy enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Mhen66 wrote: »
    Anyone know 'which is the cheapest skip hire in Waterford , I need a small skip for general stuff, bits of everything really from a shed nd house clear out.

We got the best deal from Friends of the Earth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

ROCKMAN wrote: »

A day is the minimum, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Friends of the earth 180eurofor a regular size skip

Do you have to wear a condom for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

katydid wrote: »
    A day is the minimum, I think.

Thanks

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Do you have to wear a condom for that price?

jasus

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any recent experiences/ recommendations for skip hire in Waterford City?

I need to get a skip as soon as possible, as we’re doing a long overdue clearout of our garage & attic!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

If it's "clean" rubbish, I will normally bring to the recycling centre in the 6 cross roads business park. They weigh the car when you go in, you dump all the stuff yourself in different labelled bins, they weigh the car on exit and you pay for the rubbish by weight. depending on what you need to get rid of, it can be a cheaper way to go about it, especially if you can lay your hands on a van!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't know if it is cheapest, but kollect did a half skip (between full size and mini) for about 260 iirc, recently. Cheaper than Greenstar. The half skips are the most useful I think as you can pack them, the big skips you can really only chuck stuff in as the sides are too high to reach over. Seem obliging about pick up and drop off, so you might be able to talk them into a hour type situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,022 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Friends of the earth are 250 for the standard skip still

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Voucher in this week's Waterford Today paper for €10 off skip hire at Friends of the Earth, might be handy for you

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Voucher in this week's Waterford Today paper for €10 off skip hire at Friends of the Earth, might be handy for you

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

We went with Friends of the Earth. Found them very good to deal with. They delivered the skip & returned to remove it that evening, which was exactly what we wanted. Cost was €240 for the medium sized skip.

Advertisement