Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Have seen comments that they are €23 for the Generation Voyagers.
    But not seen it in store yet.
    Would totally pick up a second Springer and Whirl for just in case days.
    Especially all the horror stories I'm seeing about Whirl breaking.

Smyth's in Mary street is all over the place for pricing. Wave 2of Rid is down. Picked up a drift yesterday. Not a bad figure. Loving the sword accessories.

But most of the lines are currently reduced!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

MarkHall wrote: »
    Have seen comments that they are €23 for the Generation Voyagers.
    But not seen it in store yet.
    Would totally pick up a second Springer and Whirl for just in case days.
    Especially all the horror stories I'm seeing about Whirl breaking.
    Swords Smyths has them for this, but limited stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

AxlF wrote: »
    Yeah - so that's a complete Superion (granted, with dragstrip) for under €90.
    That seems pretty good... I don't really like Silverbolt but Superion looks pretty good. Might be tempted.

I just picked up Dragstrip-encumbered-Superion from Smyths in Carrickmines. ~90EUR was too much of a bargain to miss given the cost of other gestalts I've been looking at lately... Looks alright amongst the MPs/BTs.
    Having moved here from the UK a couple of years back, and the slide of the Euro, this hobby is leaving more of a dent than it used to :-( (Most of the Binaltechs cost me ~25 GBP delivered, and several of the early Masterpiece cost ~45-50 GBP).

Have I got it correct that wave 2/3 of CW haven't been released by Hasbro UK yet, but are expected to be?

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Have I got it correct that wave 2/3 of CW haven't been released by Hasbro UK yet, but are expected to be?

Also, where are people pre-ordering Titan Devastator from? RobotKingdom? KapowToys has closed preorder, BBTS doesn't have it listed. I usually buy from HLJ or AnimeExport and try to avoid TFSource as a rip-off. Or am I just being premature?

• Advertisement

I forgot. No comment on quality - Smyths has "Kre-O Transformers Destruction Site Devastator Set" down from 110 EUR to a bargain 30 EUR. Plus they had another set with a similar discount that's not listed on the website.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Also, where are people pre-ordering Titan Devastator from? RobotKingdom? KapowToys has closed preorder, BBTS doesn't have it listed. I usually buy from HLJ or AnimeExport and try to avoid TFSource as a rip-off. Or am I just being premature?

Robotkingdom's shipping calculator spat out a price close to that of the toy itself IIRC. US sites, Hasbro discourage them listing items more than say 2-3 months before scheduled release. Kapow will probably 'just happen' to have more when they get actual stock.

Japanese (Takara) sites, Takara aren't even releasing Menasor 'til August.

So yeah, sit tight for the moment i would say.

Wave 2 seems to have run into delays in lots of markets. Just barely scraping US retail, latest rumours were Hasbro Uk release towards the end of this month.

Wave 3 isn't out anywhere yet, far as i know (?)

Crossposted to TFW so ignore if you've read there first.

Looks like all Voyagers are down to 22.99 in Smyths. Picked up Roadbuster in town today, and they had Whirl and Rhinox in Swords last I checked.

I forgot. No comment on quality - Smyths has "Kre-O Transformers Destruction Site Devastator Set" down from 110 EUR to a bargain 30 EUR. Plus they had another set with a similar discount that's not listed on the website.

The Megs vs Prime set in Smyths if pretty fun!

Argos has some AOE Kreo sets on reduced pricing too. If that's your bag.

And Forbidden Planet has gotten in Wave 1 of Combiners wars for anyone still looking to pick em up!

Tesco Clare Hall has Tiny Titans wave 2 for €2.99 each. They're kind of ****tily painted, but if you're into toy soldier painting like I am then they're a nice sculpt and very easy to tidy up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

went into smyths in jeris street today.

CW prime and silverbolt are back up to full price (30 quid) and so are the limbs (well its 19.99 each)

generation lads are still 22 though, only rhinox on display that i saw.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Wave 2 seems to have run into delays in lots of markets. Just barely scraping US retail, latest rumours were Hasbro Uk release towards the end of this month.

Wave 3 isn't out anywhere yet, far as i know (?)

Wave 3 Voyager (Hotshot/Cyclonus) listings have gone up today on Smyths site with a release date of 8-15th June.

Tesco Clare Hall has wave 1 of Combiner Wars on the seasonal/clearence aisle for €16.something. Mad that they never went onto the regular shelves that I noticed.

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    Tesco Clare Hall has wave 1 of Combiner Wars on the seasonal/clearence aisle for €16.something. Mad that they never went onto the regular shelves that I noticed.

Deluxes presumably?

Sorry, yes, should have been more clear there.

Brainstorm spotted in Bargain Madness in Belfast. No idea on price or numbers. But Well worth an visit.

And CW Megatron has appeared in TRU as well.

And this Megatron has appeared in DCC
    11150423_841731555881354_6186782346816617319_n.jpg?oh=eaecc2596e59f40b862b7f9fb199eab4&oe=55E32FFB&__gda__=1440748448_9275a2733427fc3e3c3c99da843ef539

Toymaster delivers across the board

Wave 3 Voyager (Hotshot/Cyclonus) listings have gone up today on Smyths site with a release date of 8-15th June.

And now the Protectobot limbs. Suspect wave 3 is imminent.
    Wave 2 has been officially cancelled for Europe of if you hadn't heard :-(

I'm good. My suppliers at DCC have me sorted.

On behalf of people who aren't Mark, Thank you.

IIRC, they were sighted at a Smyths in the UK in the last week or so.

..and there may be more Legends Yet (WV3, Viper and Groove) appeared in Germany in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

You're welcome.

Ken black In port Loais had the Protectobot deluxe on the shelves. A mate picked en up on Tuesday. A few bots left.

May be worth having a look at other Ken Black's if your near em. No Hotspot thou.

Did Pick up RID Sideswipe.

He's a nice enough figure but a feels a bit light for the deluxe price tag.

And he has issues. They've used two tones of red across the body and that's fine in Robot mode. But in carmode it stands out as an issue. One of the first things two non Robot collectors commented about upon transformation in the pub last night.

In Robot mode his chest and shoulders pin together. But alas they pop out at the slightest touch.
    Sure you can click em back in. But I feel major play would result in breakages here.

The biggest Sin I feel are his feet. His Boot compartment become his feet. And they are nice and big. which should allow for some stable posses. But alas they ain't flat all around. He's missing chunks to make him stable.

11536146_10153450984348343_8070397268124351889_n.jpg?oh=e1f6f685d8a55094082cfebb143fcfa4&oe=5624CEBE

10351004_10153450984463343_1708906864219019651_n.jpg?oh=9d8bd60e3be1300c42a2d35167addf9c&oe=56323114
    19406_10153450984538343_3083306098507983022_n.jpg?oh=d7957d6e74a893cab52a771033eaa289&oe=55EA5FCB

All of which makes one legged Posses very very irksome. And leaves him wobbling with the slightest touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ken Blacks in Carlow have Silverbolt, two Aerialbots, a Stunticon and all four Protectobot limbs. I was very tempted to get them all.

They also had Thundercracker, Powerglide and Bombshell.

Wave 3 legends are in Toymaster - Groove, Rodimus, Warpath and Thundercracker

They appear to be getting them in staggered deliveries.
    https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11707807_1194707380556039_3549364602862964519_n.jpg?oh=25e63fa10a135c70b5fd7c4e50be70fe&oe=56278965
    Edit: My Bad that should have been Skywarp.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

If anyone sees a decently priced Brainstorm, please let me know.

AxlF wrote: »
    If anyone sees a decently priced Brainstorm, please let me know.

Pm'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Pm'd you.

Nice one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

had a wander through smyths in tallaght and the whirl/rhinox figures are going for 15 euro now.

i presume its the same in the others about town.

theyve got one hotspot but none of the other protectobots.

had a wander through smyths in tallaght and the whirl/rhinox figures are going for 15 euro now.

i presume its the same in the others about town.

theyve got one hotspot but none of the other protectobots.

Did these ever appear in Smyths here at all?

In stock date on Smyths website kept getting missed, pushed back.

Then it changed to 'no longer available' while apparently they were still fairly available at Smyths in the UK.

Emailed Smyths about it, they emailed me back saying the buying team told them they appeared in Irish branches and sold out.

I find that hard to believe.

It's made more annoying by the fact that we have so few toy shops in this country anyway.

They were seen in a few branches of Easons apparently.

• Advertisement

Did these ever appear in Smyhts here at all?

In stock date on Smyhts website kept getting missed, pushed back.

Then it changed to 'no longer available' while apparently they were still fairly available at Smyths in the UK.

Emailed Smyths about it, they emailed me back saying the buying team told them they appeared in Irish branches and sold out.

I find that hard to believe.

It's made more annoying by the fact that we have so few toy shops in this country anyway.

They were seen in a few branches of Easons apparently.

The deluxes only made it into k3n blacks here that I'm aware of. So it must have been a very quick sell out. If it didn't blip on any of the usual pop up locations.

Not too pushed after getting Rook from DCC. He's a nice figure. But I think the redeco purchases will wait for The combaticons.

Advertisement