Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

PS. Anyone else finding baby's movements are really sore now?? I'm finding it especially uncomfortable sitting at my desk, whatever way my boobs & bumps are all compressed together with baby moving is very ouchy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ariana` wrote: »
    PS. Anyone else finding baby's movements are really sore now?? I'm finding it especially uncomfortable sitting at my desk, whatever way my boobs & bumps are all compressed together with baby moving is very ouchy :eek:

In all honesty last night it felt like the baby was trying to dig their way out through the front of my bump like an extra in Alien! it was so sore! But at the same time strangely reassuring

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hope your feeling better this morn woshy my heartburn has eased off a little thank god (could regret saying that) as for the toddler thing o god I also no how you feel, my little man thinks it's hilarious that I can't catch him as quick anymore so keeps stopping and laughing the little fairy. he's def going to have he's nose out of joint in 6 weeks time ha poor little thing. how do you think ur little person will take the new arrival woshy?

Too true angeldelight the movement is reassuring, i shouldn't complain about it, just looking forward to the bump dropping a bit soon fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

same here the movements are so strong especially my right side it's amusing at times but so uncomfortable aswell. like that I feel grateful for the reassurance that little bab's is happy out moving around...
    it's just one name that my 7 year old has set he's mind on and it just happens to be a girls name he has no interest in picking a boys name either which is gas because he hasn't a clue it's a girl as we havent told anybody at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I have a feeling little Master Woshy's nose will be firmly out of joint! He's really into attention and praise at the moment, every time he says a word or does something physical he claps himself and looks at everyone to make sure we're telling him how wonderful he is. He requires a lot of attention these days!

Heartburn is still bad today and I had a bad night sleep last night - no nap for me today either because I'm expecting a delivery this afternoon and have a gas fitter coming. Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I think I've been pretty lucky with the heartburn. I've had a few doses of it, but nothing major that a rennie or a sip of milk won't get rid of!!

I don't know how you ladies with toddlers are coping. I'm on a week off work and struggling as it is with just me!! :D

Allirog wrote: »
    I think I've been pretty lucky with the heartburn. I've had a few doses of it, but nothing major that a rennie or a sip of milk won't get rid of!!

I don't know how you ladies with toddlers are coping. I'm on a week off work and struggling as it is with just me!! :D

I was actually thinking at the weekend that it helps having kids cos i don't feel as guilty that the house is a mess and i haven't started my hospital bags yet. As long as they're being kept alive then at least i feel i'm serving a purpose even if they are watching waaaaaay too much TV (bad mommy) :o

I get HB too but Gaviscon usually works but i'm sure i've way exceeded the max dosage some days. I went for dinner on Saturday night and had 3 courses - what was i thinking :eek: I didn't sleep a wink Sat night :rolleyes: It was good at the time though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I've only had a touch of heartburn from time to time and all I need is a drop of milk to get rid of it.

Fair play to you girls with other children indeed! I had two busy days in work over the weekend, I'm absolutely wrecked and to make matters worse I woke up in the middle of the night with the terrible stretching pain again! I was completely useless this morning, only feeling normal now so will start cleaning and making dinner!

]that pain doesn't sound fun at all tfak! Don't overdo it this evening anyway :)

We're having a lazy day here anyway, I don't usually put the TV on during the day but today all rules are out the window. I'm feeling v crampy as well as tired so lying on the couch. It's quite uncomfortable. Maybe baba's preparing for her arrival? I haven't had many cramps so far. It's really not too long until I'm due!

• Advertisement

I initially thought I'd like a 2 year gap between kids but if I had SPD like this on a subsequent pregnancy I actually physically couldn't run after a toddler. I can't even put myself to bed by evening time! So think it'll be a bigger gap so they are old enough to have a bit more sense

I said that too because of the hyperenesis - for about two months there I couldn't even shower myself let alone look after a baba, but then I kind of thought more about it and wanted to get it over and done with when my son was too young to be upset about me being bedridden and/or stick in hospital. I like that he won't remember that time or me not being able to look after him. I was lucky that I have a very supportive family though so I was able to do that. There's 18 months between me and my brother and my mum kind of encouraged me to not have too big a gap - because she also had hyperenesis and knows what it's like!

Angel delight that sounds so tough but at least you don't have too much longer to wait. Do you have crutches for daytime? My spd is bad, but not that bad. I get away with the bump band but in saying that since the baby has moved from breech position, my spd is a million times better. I can actually walk a bit better... My problem is carpal tunnel now!!

No I don't have crutches or anything, just have the support belt for when I'm on my feet and then struggle through. I'd say I don't even have it as bad as a lot of people I just can't move in a hurry so the thoughts of being responsible for a toddler when I couldn't keep up just has me petrified!

How long does it take spd to go away after delivery actually does anyone know?

My friend had it pretty bad on her pregnancy so I could see what she says for you?

I do know she still gets pain almost 2 years later but she had it very bad so hopefully it'll go pretty quick for you and be a distant memory pretty soon!

No idea i'm afraid angeldelight. When are you due? You're May right?

Allirog how is the carpel tunnel, is the break from work helping? Do you do antenatal yoga? At my class last week she did a few moves to help CP.

Girls, i'm feeling so uncomfortable in work today. It's too hot for a start, the room is really really stuffy so that i feel really sleepy and heavy headed. And everything is sticking into me, my bra is too tight, my jeans are too tight.... Some limb or other of the baby's is wedged under my ribs. I just want to go home, curl up in a ball and have a good cry right now. I know it's only 6.5 weeks to go, but i still have 5 weeks in work - how will i cope?

Could you take a day or two off to have a rest? You're juggling two kids too so it's bound to take a toll on you

Ah angel delight that doesn't sound pleasant. You poor thing!! My physio told me that is pretty much disappears within weeks of giving birth and sometimes as soon as you give birth.

Arians you poor thing too. You sound uncomfortable!! I'm ok, hands are definitely improving but I have very bad puffiness and swelling in my hands and feet so I left it too late to do yoga because I can't rest on all fours. Typical! But I'm definitely doing better having some time off. I didn't realise I needed it as much.

I had 2 weeks off over the Easter to cover the school holidays. This is only my 2nd week back so i shouldn't really need a break again so soon! Hopefully it's just today and it'll be better tomorrow. I won't last if every day is like this for 5 weeks. The day is just dragging slowly by here, i keep going out to the toilet or to refill my water bottle just to keep myself awake.

Allirog carpel tunnel sounds awful debilitating. I'm glad you're better for the time off though. You've had a rough time of it.

Oh fingers crossed for straight away! It would be lovely to be able to take off my own trousers - haha small victories! I'm lucky in that I only have 11 days to due date so three weeks at longest (even though thought of that makes me want to cry!)

Carpal tunnel sounds horrendous too :( Pregnancy can be such a funny time - so happy to actually be pregnant but at the same time so flippin uncomfortable!

• Advertisement

Oh angeldelight fingers and toes crossed baby comes on time or even a little early which wouldn't be long at all although i'm sure every days feels like a lifetime when you're that uncomfortable. Have you asked about a sweep or anything along those lines yet?

I was actually offered a sweep last week but wasn't favourable - back in hospital a little later so fingers crossed! Baby is measuring really big so think that's why I was offered it before due date

I can't even describe carpal tunnel, but it's painful and my hands are cupped all the time so trying to put moisturiser on is entertaining :D and using a knife and fork can be a challenge :D

Angel delight it'd be great if it went straight away. Your baby isn't breech by any chance?

I'm the same though, so happy to be pregnant and that just never expected these additional side effects to kick in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Allirog wrote: »
    I'm the same though, so happy to be pregnant and that just never expected these additional side effects to kick in!

Snap, I keep trying to remind myself how lucky I am to have gotten pregnant so easily when I'm feeling like crap! I've had terrible heartburn/acid reflux set in recently which is making me very uncomfortable. Thankfully it's not as bad today though.

Probably going back to work tomorrow after being off a few days on sick leave, am wondering how I'm gonna get through nearly 11 more weeks of work right now!

Nope baby is head down and hasn't moved since 28 weeks! (Actually for some reason that image really amuses me of the poor thing being upside down for 10 weeks - know it's because it's what is meant to happen and there's more room for them that way but just think it seems really mean!)

Exactly it took so long to get pregnant that I feel awful when I complain but sometimes it just has to be done!

that sounds horrible not having proper use of your hands :(

I wouldn't think of it in one big 11 week block green orchard - take it in smaller blocks maybe? Do you have annual leave that you could shorten some of the weeks? If you end up finishing earlier don't feel bad either, some things are more important than work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

I wouldn't think of it in one big 11 week block green orchard - take it in smaller blocks maybe? Do you have annual leave that you could shorten some of the weeks? If you end up finishing earlier don't feel bad either, some things are more important than work!

At the moment I'm breaking it down in my head by telling myself it's 8 more 5 day weeks and three 4 day weeks cos of bank holidays/being off today! I have plenty of annual leave but I'm trying to save the rest of it to get a few weeks extra paid time off when baba arrives.

You're right about some things being more important than work. I'm terrible for going in when I shouldn't & normally I would've made myself go in today but I know I need to start looking out for number one and needed the day to recover from being sick. Am trying to learn to put myself first!

I was actually offered a sweep last week but wasn't favourable - back in hospital a little later so fingers crossed! Baby is measuring really big so think that's why I was offered it before due date

Hopefully you'll be favourable later today. Are you trying Evening Primrose Oil? It's supposed to help with softening the cervic. You can take it orally or use it for Perineal Massage i think? Tfak might be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

ariana` wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll be favourable later today. Are you trying Evening Primrose Oil? It's supposed to help with softening the cervic. You can take it orally or use it for Perineal Massage i think? Tfak might be more help.

Yes, start at 36 weeks!! Not safe to take before! Hopefully the sweep will do the trick, I'm sure getting on the ball or up and down the stairs is not an option at the moment!

Must pick up some EPO tomorrow to go with my raspberry leaf tea, dates and pineapple cocktail! Have bouncing away on the ball too, it's actually comfort to sit on it than anywhere else at the moment. Baby was lower this week but still not low enough... Internals really are rather uncomfortable but wouldn't mind if it sped things up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Internals really are rather uncomfortable but wouldn't mind if it sped things up!

It highly entertains me that I managed to get all the way through pregnancy and having a baby without anyone so much as looking at my bits, never mind an internal :D One of the random positives I've found from having an early emcs, I'm great at looking on the bright side sometimes :)

Advertisement