Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Don't know how you do it with a toddler, woshy. I just have a dog and I'm struggling even with her!!

The SPD is horrendous. I really hope it just disappears after the birth. I'm just struggling with being so immobile. Even driving is a chore because when I move my leg to change pedal I can feel it grinding which is not pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I feel for all you ladies with the SPD, I had sacro-iliac pain when walking that miraculously only lasted about five days and I thought my world was ending! Definitely a physio referral is the only way to go tink, they will help you with exercises, daily activities and fit the bump belt, as Alirog said.

Woshy I have wondered on numerous occasions how anyone does this pregnancy thing with other children around - fair play to you!

Tink I wouldn't be too worried about not having anything in the house, you have plenty of time and shops wont close after your baby arrives, all you need are the basics to get you past the first week, stuff can be got!!! I'm just about 30 weeks now and we have absolutely nothing, will get the few essentials around 36-38!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

+1 to the Physio suggestion! That, Pilates, tubi grip and tape are the only things holding me together at this stage. It's not going to cure it but it'll make it an awful lot more manageable. I've been doing Pilates since about week 14 and Physio fortnightly since about week 12. Did the Pilates last time too even though I had no real pelvic pain on my first. I found it really stood to me for labour though.

My 17 month old is miserable since during the night. She's got a temperature and is really clingy. She's almost never sick! I was feeling fairly off form yesterday too so hoping we're not both coming down with something. All she wants to do is watch Mickey Mouse. Think I'll be giving in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Some days you just have to have a TV day! We had our boy in the bed with us all night which is very unusual. Usually if we take him into our bed he starts to mess and gets put back in his cot sharpish. Last night he just wanted to cuddle so we left him with us. It meant I slept hanging off the edge of the bed though and was woken at 6am with him stroking my face so I'm extra tired today!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Ah thanks ladies! Have been doing physio and in fairness I went from not being able to move to moving with pain haha! Think I am going to try an osteopath holles st recommended next week she's meant to be a miracle worker so fingers crossed! I hear you on the driving Allirog I took my driving test last week and failed my nerves were terrible but don't think SPD helped either! Loving the weather this weekend so nice to think it will be like this when we have our wee ones! Think we are going to Dun Laoghaire to sit on a wall & look at the sea lol! I have two maternity maxis so will hopefully get some wear out of them! I'm noticing a big difference in baby's movements in the last week really strong sharp movements really enjoying it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Tink I'm due 31st of May so likely to be a June baby too!! I know how you feel with the Spd pain. I have it too. It started around the 3 mth mark. Physio and a Cranio Sacrial osteopath have been life savers for me. The pain really is a lot more manageable now. Also pregnancy yoga I find very good. Some people find the belt really good too. Hopefully the pain will ease a bit for you.

Have you tried swimming/aqua fit as well? I did aqua fit a lot on my last pregnancy and even though I never had too bad back or pelvic pain I found it helped a bit. I haven't been able to go at all on this pregnancy, with having a toddler around - I should really try and go in the evenings but I'm just so tired!

I'm 33 weeks on Friday so time is ticking along. I've just been invited for a big girls night out for a leaving do/birthday when I'm 38 weeks. I've said I'll go for the dinner part and try not to go into labour early. I might be grand though and be able to go for a dance and stuff afterwards. I know last time at 38 weeks I was ok - although I had the baba at 39 weeks! What on earth will I wear though? I'll be massive.

I'm staying at my parents at the moment because my husband is away for work. Having two extra pairs of hands during the day to help with my little boy is just lovely - and no cooking and cleaning. I could get used to this!

I'm actually gonna look into Aqua fit. I did it before and enjoyed it!!

Woshy it's mad how fast the time is going isn't it? I'm 31 weeks tomorrow. I find it hard to get my head around the single digits of what's left now!!

Id say it's super nice having your folks there to help! Nearly like a mini holiday for you :)

I could definitely get used to having my parents around! They have a big garden too so my little boy is in his element out there playing. He'd be out there every minute he is awake if I let him - it tires him out loads too. I was lying on the couch earlier and I started to nod off so my Mum just took him away outside and let me sleep for an hour. It was so lovely!

I was very sore today - cramps and pains on the bottom of my bump. Think baby's head is just pressing down a lot so there's a lot of pressure. It's v uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hope your feeling better woshy :) everyone is gone very quiet here how's everyone feeling? weeks are flying by.. finally got my hosp bags packed bar one or two little bits..makes it all so real.. back again on thurs for yet another scan to check on baby. having doctors app one week and hosp the next does make it drag a little tho

• Advertisement

I'm more comfortable the last couple of days, yes. She hasn't been headbutting me in the fanny so much. There was a day or two last week when I felt like I was being continually electrically shocked from the inside!

Weekly appointments do sound tough. I had my last hospital appointment two weeks ago and am not back with the consultant for another 3 weeks, although I have a GP visit in a weeks time. It's funny how pregnancy can go so fast and so slow at the same time. I remember when I was horrendously ill and in hospital I thought I would never get past the first trimester and now I have just over 6 weeks until my due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

missymad wrote: »
    hope your feeling better woshy :) everyone is gone very quiet here how's everyone feeling? weeks are flying by.. finally got my hosp bags packed bar one or two little bits..makes it all so real.. back again on thurs for yet another scan to check on baby. having doctors app one week and hosp the next does make it drag a little tho

Good on you having your bags packed! I'm 31 weeks now so time to start getting organised. My mum is flying over from England for a few days so we're going to head to the shops to pick up hospital bits and pieces. Feeling good thankfully although apparently I'm very restless overnight and snoring heaps so the hubby has taken up residence in the spare room!

Do you sleep better with your husband gone? I'm trying to kick mine out tonight. Apparently my tossing and turning disturbs him so he's knackered and was in a foul mood this morning. He's got worse at coping with being disturbed at night since we had a baby, not better which is bizarre! I had to have a chat with him earlier on and tell him that when the new baby is here he needs to find a way to deal with it better because it'll be worse for me being the one up breastfeeding at all hours. I reckon once he's back to work after the first three weeks he'll be in the spare room lots so night feeds don't disturb him.

I secretly like the idea of having the bed to myself tonight so I can spread out - well, I'll have the cat in with me but he's welcome :D

We've taken to my oh being in the spare room too. He just doesn't get a decent sleep because of me and I need to have pillows surrounding me so it just makes sense! We both get a great nights sleep now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

It's definitely a lot less stressful tossing and turning but not disturbing anyone else!

I know - it's nice not to be worrying about disturbing someone else all the time. My husband makes complaining noises and sighs in his sleep if I move too much and it makes me all paranoid. It's alright for him, he's not the one who is 8 months pregnant - I have to move!

He's decided he'll be lonely in the spare room tonight so is staying in with me - on his head be it!

We have a 6ft bed. It's great. We can retreat to opposite sides if one of us is disturbing the other(read me disturbing him :D ). He did escape to the spare room on one particularly bad night a week or two ago though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

We haven't had to do separate beds yet, though I can be fairly restless these days, we have a five foot bed but manage just fine.

I've a list of moans this evening - really bad stretchy pains at the top of my bump, which I get every few days, skin at the top of the bump is numb and driving me mad, whole tummy feeling generally very full and heavy, making me uncomfortable and non stop braxton hicks, not painful but so tight! Also I seem to have pulled something in my groin or the baby is squeezing a nerve because every now and again I let out a yelp and it feels like a tendon bring pinged!

Working a day shift tomorrow, so used to nights now, it will be strange setting my alarm for 05.30am!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

6 weeks sounds better than my 8 weeks ha.. I went a little early on my last and reckon I'll be a little early on this baby to.. my gp thinks I'v 7 wks left aswell which would fit better with my dates.. I'm sure bab's will arrive wen it wants to... gave in and bought a few pink vests and baby gro's for the hosp bag, I no we've been told it's a girl but I have visions of another little boy arriving instead.. aslong as baby is healthy I don't care but my boys are mad for a little sis.. Has anyone names picked? I'm struggling with it this time around..
    thank god it's not just me with the snoring, something I never do (so I'm told) and didn't do on my last 2 pregnancies. my oh got really frustrated he went to d spare room aswell d other night.. we also av a 6ft bed but haven't moved it into the new hse yet it's still in storage so will try get it in this week can't hack the small double bed anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭ariana`

I haven't been on in ages. How's everyone? I had a check up this morning and baby is head down in the same position as my last appointment 5 weeks ago, could still move but it's not likely, so fast forward 7 weeks we should be ready to rock 'n' roll!!!

It's our 3rd pregnancy and we've never have to move to separate beds, I've been pretty restless lately but it doesn't seem to bother him, he passes out as soon as he hits the pillow. I told him he was free to move out on the other 2 when i was doing night feeds but he never bothered, he'd wake briefly if he heard the baby but as he knew i'd be up to feed he'd just turn over again. If the older one(s) come in or call out during the night he will deal with them so it's handy that he's still in the same room or i'd be left dealing with all night disturbances.

tfak i hope you managed to get up for the day shift ok? When are you finishing up? It can't be easy being on your feet for long shifts. I'm sure some of your complaints are related.

missymad my boys were mad for a sister for a long time too but this past week my older boy has started saying that he doesn't mind if it's a brother or a sister which is really sweet of him. I'm getting curious myself, i have a love/hate relationship with not knowing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Oh my god Im the same with the snoring, never snored in my life until about a month ago, my poor oh has earplugs now!! ;/

I don't think I've been snoring but my husband might just be too scared to tell me I do! We slept fine last night so don't think he'll be decamping to the spare room after all.

I have just over 6 weeks until my due date. I went a week early last time so I'm hoping I at least go on time with this one. Saying 6 weeks makes it sound so soon!

Woshy wrote: »
    I don't think I've been snoring but my husband might just be too scared to tell me I do! We slept fine last night so don't think he'll be decamping to the spare room after all.

I have just over 6 weeks until my due date. I went a week early last time so I'm hoping I at least go on time with this one. Saying 6 weeks makes it sound so soon!

God ya Woshy 6 weeks sounds awfully soon!!!! You must be officially due in May then? And having gone early last time it could be only 5 weeks for you :eek: Ooooooh i'm excited for you and jealous. I went 1 day early last time and to be honest it was just perfect, i needed the bit of a break after i finished work but at the same time it was nice not to be sitting at home on my due date. I'm hoping for similar this time, i finish work less than 2 weeks before D-day so i'd love a few days off but not too long, a week early would be perfect (i have to start telling baby my plans :pac::pac::pac:)

Missymad, we have a few names picked. We're not going to set one of each just in case, so we have 3 of each :) what about you?

I am back at physio this afternoon. The pelvic pain is nothing like it was, just pressure which I can deal with. But the carpal tunnel in my hands is unreal. It's so horribly sore.

I've been snoring loads too, apparently. I'm still not convinced it's me :pac: although my oh decided to record me one night but sure that could have been anyone :D

I hope baby is listening to you in there! It'd be nice if he/she obliged

Yep, I'm officially due 29th May so technically not a June mama :) My grandfather's birthday was 28th May. I never met him, he died almost twenty years before I was born, but I think it would be nice to have a shared birthday so I'm hoping to go one day early too :)

I've been asking anyone I know with more than one child about when baba arrived, to see how similar it is between pregnancies. Everyone I've asked has had the same kind of timing happen with all their pregnancies. As in, if they were overdue on the first, their others were overdue too etc. I'm hoping that is good news for me and this baba will come a little bit early.

Last time I lost my mucous plug in Ikea (of all places) at 38 + 4 and had my little boy at 39 weeks exactly. I was thinking of going for a wander around Ikea again at around 38 weeks to see if it helps :D

I might have to try the ikea thing too Woshy :D

Woshy wrote: »

I've been asking anyone I know with more than one child about when baba arrived, to see how similar it is between pregnancies. Everyone I've asked has had the same kind of timing happen with all their pregnancies. As in, if they were overdue on the first, their others were overdue too etc. I'm hoping that is good news for me and this baba will come a little bit early.
    I agree with this based on my 2, both were within a small window of 5-7 hours of their due date! The 1st guy was officially a day late but he was born in the early hours of the morning so 5 hrs earlier and he'd have been born on his due date. And the 2nd guy was a day early but he was born in the evening time so 7 hrs later and he'd have also have been born on his due date.

But i know a girl who went 3 weeks early on her 1st. On her 2nd she finished work 5 weeks early expecting the same again and she went 10 days over - needless to say it was the longest 6.5 weeks of her life :eek:

I hope there's not a pattern otherwise I'll be looking at having this one evicted too!!

My mother had 4 of us. First two were overdue by a week and 10 days. She had to be induced for the second one. I was third and my mother had me 10 days early and within 40 minutes of arriving in the hospital! She'd been in labour for most of the day but assumed it was a false alarm as she didn't feel anything like the other two and by her logic I was going to be another late one :D It's hard to tell with no.4, he was born a few days before his due date but as a result of a serious accident which ended up kick starting labour. My friend has had three. One on her due date(24 hour labour), one at a week overdue(lan hour-ish from first pain to baby, crowning going in the door of the hospital), one 10 days early(5-6 hours of labour).

Roesy wrote: »
    I hope there's not a pattern otherwise I'll be looking at having this one evicted too!!

My mother had 4 of us. First two were overdue by a week and 10 days. She had to be induced for the second one. I was third and my mother had me 10 days early and within 40 minutes of arriving in the hospital! She'd been in labour for most of the day but assumed it was a false alarm as she didn't feel anything like the other two and by her logic I was going to be another late one :D It's hard to tell with no.4, he was born a few days before his due date but as a result of a serious accident which ended up kick starting labour. My friend has had three. One on her due date(24 hour labour), one at a week overdue(lan hour-ish from first pain to baby, crowning going in the door of the hospital), one 10 days early(5-6 hours of labour).

Goes to show that anything goes where labour is concerned, baby will come when s/he is ready, it'll be exciting when we get to the "any day now" stage which really isn't too far off now :)

• Advertisement

Yep, they come when they feel like! It is exciting getting to the no knowing stage, where you're analysing every twinge. The uncertainty makes me nervous but it's exciting too!

Advertisement