Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out Of Date Mustard Powder

Options
  • 12-04-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I boiled a lovely ham today and I threw in the last of my jar of Colemans into the water. I didn't realise it was my last jar.

Just now, I went to make a sambo from the leftover ham and :eek: no mustard!

After a quick root, I found some Colemans mustard powder that had an expiry date of Feb 2013. I mixed it up and spread it on the ham. Tasted good - it even got the nose rush going.

Can I expect any side effects from this 2 year out of date powder - will I survive?

I know I shouldn't have run out in the first place but sh1t happens and I did the best I could given the circumstances. Thankfully I did have out of date back up.

Sambo devoured as i typed this. I might have another.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mustard powder doesn't really go off - just a bit solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mustard powder doesn't really go off - just a bit solid.

I mixed a few lumpy bits in an egg cup but it was nice and pasty when I spread it on the ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm thinking about ham now! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm thinking about ham now! :mad:
    Get thee to thy fridge................ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

crosstownk wrote: »
    I mixed a few lumpy bits in an egg cup but it was nice and pasty when I spread it on the ham.

I love mixing it like this and throw in a few chilli flakes for added heat, has the consistency of Ice cream straight out of the freezer, but it's feckin savage

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think mustard powder is always out of date. Even when you buy it. I wouldn't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sean Amhlaoibh

I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole.

Well no, of course you wouldn't! How do you get the end of a barge pole into a little egg cup? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looksee wrote: »
    Well no, of course you wouldn't! How do you get the end of a barge pole into a little egg cup? :pac:

Not to mention your mouth, Have you seen the length of those barge poles?

Besides mustard would take the dirt off the end and may ruin the taste of yer ham. Might even taste a bit fishy.

Fish and mustard though does sound as though it may be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Rubecula wrote: »
    Not to mention your mouth, Have you seen the length of those barge poles?

Besides mustard would take the dirt off the end and may ruin the taste of yer ham. Might even taste a bit fishy.

Fish and mustard though does sound as though it may be nice.

Tuna with a Dollop of Colmans mixed in is actually feckin savage on a toasted sambo

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Coleman's mustard powder is immortal - never fear.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

Advertisement