Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NPPR Exemption Cert to sell house?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 3:30pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone familiar with these.

Is it the norm to need one?

Meath county council seem unclear on their requirements. They say they want a witnessed affidavit but don't know who can witness it (other then a solicitor).

The whole thing seems like a joke but I know its this sort of stuff that can hold up a sale...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PetuniaT

You should be able to download a NPPR application from the county council website. Fairly straightforward. I got Bord Gais to send me a statement of account for the years I lived in the house til the LPT came in and sent it in to the council who forwarded the cert a few weeks later. Seems standard now that purchasers solicitors request this form as the charge stays with the house not the vendor so if there is money owing the new purchaser becomes liable for the charge

*this was with Wexford Co Council

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

They all seem to be taking different approaches to this. Meath want an affidavit but they can't/wont say who can witness that affidavit. I suspect they just don't know.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Rew wrote: »
    Is anyone familiar with these.

Is it the norm to need one?

Meath county council seem unclear on their requirements. They say they want a witnessed affidavit but don't know who can witness it (other then a solicitor).

The whole thing seems like a joke but I know its this sort of stuff that can hold up a sale...

Ask your solr, they will be able to tell you and probably give you the name of a person who can witness it for a small fee. There may even be a notary in their firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Rew wrote: »
    They all seem to be taking different approaches to this. Meath want an affidavit but they can't/wont say who can witness that affidavit. I suspect they just don't know.

Hi there I just got the exemption from Meath county council. I did out an affidavit with my solicitor. It came back to the solicitors within two weeks . Hope this helps . Best of luck with your sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seamus10

castle2012 wrote: »
    Hi there I just got the exemption from Meath county council. I did out an affidavit with my solicitor. It came back to the solicitors within two weeks . Hope this helps . Best of luck with your sale

Hi Castle,

based in Meath. ..looking for cert of nppr exemption...looks like I need an affidavit?

Could you share the content of Affidavit? Is just an statement that it was PPR with reference to evidence (e.g gas bill)?

Best,

Seamus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

seamus10 wrote: »
    Hi Castle,

based in Meath. ..looking for cert of nppr exemption...looks like I need an affidavit?

Could you share the content of Affidavit? Is just an statement that it was PPR with reference to evidence (e.g gas bill)?

Best,

Seamus

The solicitor will write it so don't worry about content. I didn't provide any supporting evidence, took a couple of weeks to get once I retuned it.

Email them and clarify that that is still what they want though don't bother asking too many questions they kept replying to me to saying "your solicitor will advise you" regardless of the question.

It's a complete joke that they make you do this but they have you over a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

seamus10 wrote: »
    castle2012 wrote: »

Hi Castle,

Best,

Seamus
    Add your reply here.
    Hi Seamus,
    I just asked the solicitors to do it for me. They just get you to sign to say there's no nppr owed . My solicitor sent it to Meath county council and the cert arrived back inside 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Is this still the case for 2022 Meath co.council to get the exemption certificate?

Advertisement