Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vikings extras casting

Options
  • 01-04-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was called for Vikings season 1 but couldn't commit because of work. I'm only free on weekends now, does anybody know if there would be any point in queuing for 2 hrs in Temple Bar for the extras casting to find out they don't shoot on weekends.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They don't take weekends off but there is probably loads like you that will want to work weekends so chances of being called are probably slimmer.

Anyone know what the queue is like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

nm wrote: »
    They don't take weekends off but there is probably loads like you that will want to work weekends so chances of being called are probably slimmer.

Anyone know what the queue is like now?

Cheers, I was going to go in today but I've decided to go to another casting instead. I Just wanted to be sure that they don't just need extras Mon-Fri as it'd be a waste of queuing ( I avoid ten minute queues let alone 2 hrs :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Seeing as you're auditioning for a Viking just burst into the room and tell them you're an extra now. Then take all their stuff and tell them you'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Extras are meant to be on call 24/7. Lie and say you are available. When they ring you at an inconvenient time, you're not available.
    You can also ride a horse.
    Swim to Olympic standard.
    Swordplay is fencing for idiots.
    Guns are childs play in your hands.

In other words, you can do everything and anything (when asked to actually do it (which you won't be), learn fast).

I spent 10 years as an extra.....only advice I have is bring a good book or knitting gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Extras are meant to be on call 24/7. Lie and say you are available. When they ring you at an inconvenient time, you're not available.

In other words, you can do everything and anything (when asked to actually do it (which you won't be), learn fast).

I spent 10 years as an extra.....only advice I have is bring a good book or knitting gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ all true - should be a training manual for the wannabe extra. Look for Special Extra treatment if any skills are involved. Even if you're into having relations with horses, pretend you're not and that it's a great sacrifice.

Cheers, I've done a bit on the tudors but I wasn't working at the time, I was called for the first series of Vikings but I couldn't get off work. I might have said this over the phone come to think of it which is probably why they didn't bother phoning back ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

where exactly is it filmed??

fryup wrote: »
    where exactly is it filmed??

They film Kattegat at a scale village on the shore of Lough Tay near Roundwood, you can see it on the left when you're driving through the mountains. When they're filming you'll see the buses and catering sometimes just off the road. I assume that the woodland scenes are filmed in and around the area also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vc145

Has anyone who has applied got any word back from them yet ? If not then does anyone know when we'll be finding out if we got the part ?

• Advertisement

vc145 wrote: »
    Has anyone who has applied got any word back from them yet ? If not then does anyone know when we'll be finding out if we got the part ?

No word back yet, I'm doubtful because I put down that I can only work weekends. I heard somewhere they start filming in May so should be soon enough if they do want you.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Seanachai wrote: »
    I heard somewhere they start filming in May so should be soon enough if they do want you.

I thought they had already started filming, I got a call the other day and I was up there today for a fitting, they have me for two days next week.

They'll be filming for a good while so even if you don't hear from them right away there's still a chance you could be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Hi Guys.
    So I got the call to say they want me as an Extra on Vikings next week.
    The thing is, I never took into account that fact they film in Ashford Co Wicklow, Have any of you guys worked on the show? What sort of time do they start and finish, And most importantly, How the heck do You get to Ashford from Dublin? ( I don't drive)
    Any advice would be great. Any Ideas of the best form of transport , Dart, Bus or bike . that sort of thing.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

there was a thread on it before here, if I remember you will get a bus form town at an obscene hour that they arrange, but I'd assume they will let you know that

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Vikings threads about casting merged.

Mr E wrote: »
    Vikings threads about casting merged.

Thanks, I did search, But I must have missed this thread :)

Anyone know how much they pay per day?

Advertisement