Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groove Festival - Kilruddery House, Co Wicklow

Options
  • 09-04-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Headliners for this year's Groove Festival in Kilruddery House, Bray announced with The Darkness playing Sat 4th July and Christy Moore playing Sun 5th July.

http://groovefestival.ie/lineup/

Went last year for the first time and it was good craic. Very relaxed atmosphere and great location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

I don't want to be negative but ticket prices for this are a bit steep. Is there much more going on other than the music?
    Adult Day Ticket: €49.50 (+€4 booking fee)
    Adult Weekend “Come and Go Pass”: €69.50 (+€5 booking fee)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

lc180 wrote: »
    I don't want to be negative but ticket prices for this are a bit steep. Is there much more going on other than the music?

If you can look beyond the scaldy faced natives, the location and grounds are picturesque. Last year was rather balmy.

Go to there website as it tells you What's On...

Does anyone know what booze they'll be selling at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Heading down tomorrow. Bit steep, but The Darkness rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Late notice I know but I have a pair of weekend tickets for this and I can't make it myself, so anyone down this way would like them for free let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Heading down tomorrow. Bit steep, but The Darkness rule.

Make sure to catch stomptown brass at 3pm tomorrow (hint...hint!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Fantastic evening at this, both the Riptide Movement & The Darkness were amazing!!

Was worth the admission alone, just for Hawkins one liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Festival postponed till 2020

They're having it on the August bank holiday weekend as well?

WOW!!

It’s six years since we started Groove Festival and it has grown beyond our expectations - we couldn't have done it without you so thank you to everyone! But it's time to bring things to the next level.

We are spending this year planning these exciting changes, and as a result, we have decided to take a year off so we can put our plans in place and return with our new Groove2020. That's going to be on August 1st & 2nd 2020 so put the dates in your diary - you are going to love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Get The Darkness back, will yis?

• Advertisement

Just on a minor note. Bar at the Sony stage last year, small army of people working there, headless chickens. Queues were ridiculous.

At any festival you don’t wait till the punter rocks up, then take there order without preparation. Pump out the pints, don't make it complicated. Easily could of double the takings if you had staff that were competent.

Advertisement