Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off Dunnes Stores Online Today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

magmay wrote: »

Nah, I'll give it a miss today thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Uncle Ben wrote: »

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

That's a bit scabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The workers are on strike today no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Not my fault the workers fancy dossing for the day

A deals a deal !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

On strike today, please don't take them up on this offer.

Why does that matter? This is a Bargain Alert, not the place to guilt people.

I need to buy new clothes, this makes it cheaper. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Not my fault the workers fancy dossing for the day

A deals a deal !

Terrible attitude.

I won't be crossing any pickets today. Either on foot or online. There's lots of other places to shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I would consider the merit of individual strikes before crossing a picket or not.

In this case, any stand against zero hour contracts is to be commended and supported Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭towelly

reunion wrote: »
    Why does that matter? This is a Bargain Alert, not the place to guilt people.

I need to buy new clothes, this makes it cheaper. Thanks OP.

Let's hope you never need to go on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Uncle Ben wrote: »

Look at you on your morale high horse! How it must be great looking down on everyone else.

• Advertisement

blue_blue wrote: »
    Look at you on your morale high horse! How it must be great looking down on everyone else.

Look at you looking down at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

towelly wrote: »
    Let's hope you never need to go on strike.

Ive worked in both unionised and non unionised workplaces. During strikes too.

I actually dont agree with unionised workplaces in many ways, it can be a massive blocker to getting even the smallest positive change in place. It also fosters a sense of entitlement with people ready to go on strike at the earliest opportunity rather than accept change and move with the times. I can remember a situation where people were calling for a strike that would have resulted in the company having to shut down had it gone ahead, affecting hundreds of staff and their families, all because 11 men felt they were being asked to do something unreasonable by changing lunches to staggered times.

I have spent a long time (both full time and part time) and a lot of money educating myself to the highest level so that if I am not happy in my job, I can move on and get another well paid role because my skills are worth paying for. Anyone can do that. So, I support myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Terrible attitude.

I won't be crossing any pickets today. Either on foot or online. There's lots of other places to shop.
    Boards.ie wrote:
    This forum is for cheap and useful bargains that might be of use for the general populace of boards

This is a bargain alert. If you don't want to use, don't. For those of us who need to save money, we don't need a lecture about how we should be spending money we don't have on items outside of our budget to suit someone else's morals.

I get it, you have the excess income to choose where you shop. Some of us don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Dirty tactics. Won't touch off them.

This is a bargain alert. If you don't want to use, don't. For those of us who need to save money, we don't need a lecture about how we should be spending money we don't have on items outside of our budget to suit someone else's morals.

I get it, you have the excess income to choose where you shop. Some of us don't.

Come off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Try keep it on topic lads. Everyone knows what's going on, and it's up to each individual to decide what they do with the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

It's a BA - your morals and guilt tripping aren't welcome here.

Leave who ever wants to enjoy the bargain to.

Plenty of other threads if you need to vent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thanks for the heads up. I'm strapped for cash right now, but I wouldn't be buying anything even if it was 99 per cent off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Typical of the Dunnes Stores website - I was looking at a pair of shoes yesterday - clicked in today after getting my 20% email - funny the shoes aren't there now! Bet they will be back on the site tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just get the groceries in Aldi,still cheaper than Dunnes and they give their staff proper contracts.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Just get the groceries in Aldi,still cheaper than Dunnes and they give their staff proper contracts.

AS far as I can see its their clothing range and household only with the 20% off. Not groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hawk4077

I've a confirmation, a christening this month and new outfits have to be bought for 4 kids... I'm away to do some online shopping. And since I'm bot crossing any picket lines, I'm not actually doing anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dtipp

This has nothing to do with excess income by customers.

This is about choosing to stand with the Dunnes Stores management (who have sanctioned a online discount to try and undermine the strike) or the shop floor workers (who are standing up against zero-hour contracts).

This is a chance for Dunnes Stores customers to think more than just themselves for one day.

Thankfully, I reckon the vast majority of people will choose the right side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If money is tight then I dont think people should be guilted for availing of an offer. Perhaps to some of you, 20% is not that much.

dtipp wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with excess income by customers.

This is about choosing to stand with the Dunnes Stores management (who have sanctioned a online discount to try and undermine the strike) or the shop floor workers (who are standing up against zero-hour contracts).

This is a chance for Dunnes Stores customers to think more than just themselves for one day.

Thankfully, I reckon the vast majority of people will choose the right side.

They're trying to negate the financial impact of the strike. They are a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Fair dues to Dunnes on this one - not their fault the workers decided to take the day off

dtipp wrote: »

:rolleyes:
    The same way Dunnes Stores staff are thinking of more than just themselves by putting the business at risk and inconveniencing thousands of customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Some REALLLY blatant wumming going on here. Sad really.

Some REALLLY blatant wumming going on here. Sad really.

Wats "wumming"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

WUMMING
    The verb form of WUM (Wind-Up Merchant), a predominantly online phenomena of espousing contrary viewpoints purely to string people along and get a reaction from others. A mild-mannered form of trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement