Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I had a look at the challenges and a few people said they lost their money even they beat it. I'm 150 k away from a zentorno from just doing heists but my crew won't be on for a day or two so just wanted to make money quick to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I had a look at the challenges and a few people said they lost their money even they beat it. I'm 150 k away from a zentorno from just doing heists but my crew won't be on for a day or two so just wanted to make money quick to buy it

Unless you have lots of races done to unlock the mods I wouldn't bother with the zentorno yet. I bought one and every race I was last not long after starting. Everyone else will have them maxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

guil wrote: »
    Unless you have lots of races done to unlock the mods I wouldn't bother with the zentorno yet. I bought one and every race I was last not long after starting. Everyone else will have them maxed.

Also, unless you're going to be racing I wouldn't bother. I find cruising around the city in them is a bit of a pain in the hoop as they're really overpowered. I'd prefer driving my Turismo R around the place in free roam (if I was to choose a supercar).

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I don't do races its just for the missions and heists as I'm sick of getting smoked in my little Elegy! ha

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I don't do races its just for the missions and heists as I'm sick of getting smoked in my little Elegy! ha

Get the armoured Kuruma then, be more suitable for missions than the Zentorno.

The Elegy is a great car when you have it done up. Maybe grind a few races with someone to get your win count up so you can mod the Elegy or buy a cheaper car than the Zentorno and do that up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

+1 for the kuruma. It's like a tank when it hits other cars. You have enough to buy it as well and do a few mods. It's great fun to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a Zento and it was my go to car in free roam for the simple fact it could get me around the map the quickest but +1 on the armoured Kuruma. My go to car now in free roam and missions/heists. Yeah, not the speed of a supercar but the durability definitely makes up for it. If something is time sensitive or just at the other end of the map, I'll use the Zento.

Invite sent to Zathurais

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Invite sent to Gamer_bhoy_89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Good going in the crew numbers, up to 550 now.

Loads of room for the PC crowd once their version arrives. (1000 is the max)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Good going in the crew numbers, up to 550 now.

Loads of room for the PC crowd once their version arrives. (1000 is the max)

I wonder just how many of them are active though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

There are probably a dozen that I"d see regularly and do missions with. There could be a dozen more that I see every now and again but won't join anything they're invited to or interact in any way. That's on the PS4.

I'm gonna go through the names later and do a quick head count of those I would consider regulars on ps4.
    I remember counting 40 to 50 regulars before but more who you would see an odd time.

Hard to get a good count as some people have different usernames across PSN, Boards and Rockstar social club, very hard to keep a proper track of. I'm sure plenty of people don't play it anymore, some might have never played it and joined the crew back in the Max Payne 3 days and some like to keep to themselves and play solo online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

These hasta la vista versus missions are brutal. not worth the pay out

Lately there is no problem finding 4 to 8 crew members in one session most evenings. (ps4)

Thanks to heists, last week I landed in a random session with 15 other crew members.

Lately there is no problem finding 4 to 8 crew members in one session most evenings. (ps4)

Thanks to heists, last week I landed in a random session with 15 other crew members.

Yeah, in between a couple of heists I landed in with yourself and johnny and a few others. Kind of tempted to blank the heists at the time because of the potential for absolute mayhem with the crew, but I wanted to do them with the brothers.

Generally a decent number of crew on, though I've noticed Farty and Boobles have been missing for a while. You could probably cross them off your regular list. In fact, just boot them from the crew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Haven't seen you Frankie in years... Thought the women had taken ur controller for good...started game a thrones around time heists came out all finished now so back to brass tax... Lads tryin to organise a boards bounty tonite be a bit a craic and feck the heists... Two hunters in an insurgent be mad buzz... http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057402144/1/#post94806986

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Request sent.

PS3: BohemianVillain

Request sent.

PS3: BohemianVillain

Invite sent back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It would be great if there was a list of active players who have mics and are willing to use them. As a newbie to Hesits, trying to do them without miced up players is both confusing and not as much fun. I think i've added a handful of players on PS4 now though. Seeing as the crew is up to like 500, I can barely find 2 other Boardsies to join my ranks doing my low level Hesits.... being out of the game for 15 months... the struggle is real

Easiest way is to ask crew members in freemode if they want to do a heist, in my opinion. At least if theyre in the middle of something they can tell you when they'll be free to join.

I'd imagine a lot of people ignore notifications to their phone these days, especially if they don't recognise your name if you are new to the crew.
    I turned off the alert tone in the phone as the beeps were wrecking my head.

Once you get to know most people in the crew and have them added to your friend list, you'll find it easier to organise things.

A lot of us start a party (in the ps4 menu) when organising a heist. You mic won't be muted thru cut scenes and when you get kicked back to freemode between set ups, you can keep track of where everyone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Kesh messaged me the other night, the excitement died down when I read the message though :(

He asked who I was and if I was a Boardsie :( How could he forget me?
    Then I remembered that I dont have my normal account and was under my new one so he wasnt aware it was me.
    Said he would be back soon enough to GTA Online.

Said he would be back soon enough to GTA Online.

This is better than Half Life 3 news! Would be Great to have that Besh fella back.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is better than Half Life 3 news! Would be Great to have that Besh fella back.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Who?

Yep, its gonna be fun on PS3, thats right, PS3 cause he doesnt have aPS4.
    Suck it Sheehy/Proco!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cormac... wrote: »
    It would be great if there was a list of active players who have mics and are willing to use them. As a newbie to Hesits, trying to do them without miced up players is both confusing and not as much fun. I think i've added a handful of players on PS4 now though. Seeing as the crew is up to like 500, I can barely find 2 other Boardsies to join my ranks doing my low level Hesits.... being out of the game for 15 months... the struggle is real

Once I get this loyalty award I'll be able to help ye out, albeit after 11 most nights.

Cormac... wrote: »

Add me, I have a mic. I hope to be on at the weekend if you want to do some of them. My cut will have to be at least 30% though. On the plus side, I'm told I have an extremely sexy voice.

In all seriousness, I'll happily take a small cut for the first couple of heists if you need the wedge as I've a few bob now to keep me ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Benzino wrote: »
    Once I get this loyalty award I'll be able to help ye out, albeit after 11 most nights.

Sound, yeah I read about those challenges on Reddit, seem quiet time consuming at 1st but I imagine like anything if you have a decent team it's not so bad.

I've like a $1mil now, is there anything in particular I should be looking at buying other than the Armoured Kuruma, I'm hearing thats the best bet, is there anything else I should buy. I'm like lvl55 now
    Add me, I have a mic. I hope to be on at the weekend if you want to do some of them. My cut will have to be at least 30% though. On the plus side, I'm told I have an extremely sexy voice.

In all seriousness, I'll happily take a small cut for the first couple of heists if you need the wedge as I've a few bob now to keep me ticking over.

I really don't care that much about the money now, I never even spend the money I have now on anything.
    I just like doing the missions etc.

We finished the last section (Heist) of the prison break last night twice with a mix of friends and boardsies and just spilt it 4 ways evenly.

We did have a funny moment where I was the pilot and we were taking off with the Russian guy and I was like "umm, ok, so how do I check if I have a parachute.... and also how do I use a parachute" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I'm on Xbox One, and a member of both the Boards and Boards 2 crews, but I never seem to be in a session with other boards members.

E.g. When I try to find a session with crew members, it generally can't find a session.

Is there something wrong, or are there just not many XOne players about?

Advertisement