Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childish traits that stayed with you

Options
  • 26-03-2015 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

are there any traits you had from childhood that you never really grew out of?? im sure there are many people as a child who always wanted the sweets to themselves, always wanted to be the leader of a game, never wanted to share their toys, spoiled etc. and these become the bossy, selfish entitled adults who were never corrected enough as kids. do you have any traits developed young that have stayed with you throughout life, good or bad? or know anyone like this?

a brother of mine never really has grown up in the traditional sense, apparently he still relies on my da for digouts, ungrateful, cant hold down a job, and just really immature with an attitude problem. this is typical of him down through the years and how we remember him as a kid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Tell him to get out of politics and get a real job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Pull my finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bowl of Coco Pops and some Saturday morning TV is how I still start my weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My siblings and I still all pronounce certain words, the way that we did when we were toddlers first learning to talk and got them mixed up. Our mother copied us coz she thought it was cute and we just kept on going....

So butterflies are and always will be flutterbies.

Pork Chops are Chork Pops

Etc etc...

There are loads more. We've lost track of which one of us mangled which one, but its like we have our own language at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

My friend has a six year old boy, his dad is a DJ and my friend is well into her raves and music. I arrived at the house one day and he was bopping around the living room to some psy-trance and watching a DVD of this trippy fractal-y animation, loudly announced to me that 'these visuals are class!'. First thought was that his parents couldn't deny him, second thought was that I've a pretty good idea what he'll be like in 15 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'm still a ridiculously fussy eater. I basically just eat chicken, beef and bacon. I don't do vegetables. I find it more to do with texture than taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Pretending I'm a monkey and flinging sh!t at my family members

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

TheBrinch wrote: »

I would seek legal advice on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

When my little sister was a toddler she used to be obsessed with the Teletubbies. She used to greet everyone by saying "Eh Oh" and we used to greet her the same way. Nearly 16 years on myself and my siblings still greet each other by saying "Eh Oh" :o

Myself and my brother still call baguettes/ French sticks " Duck loaf". Don't know why or how that started. Pretty embarassing pastry class one day when I referred to the baguttes I was making as Duck loaf. The Chef was in hysterics :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I rock. Backwards and forward like. I do it now when listening to music, concentrating and trying to sleep. Mam says I always did it as a baby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I still make fart noises with my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

This is going to sound pathetic :o if my mam walked too far ahead of me in the shop, id get very upset and think she was leaving me. To this day, if my husband walks on ahead of me somewhere I can feel the tears start to fall. I think I had abandonment issues because I was in foster care.

If someone shouts at me I cry straight away, or soon after. I'm very needy but you'd never ever guess to look at me, everyone says I have a heart of stone but it's the complete opposite. I'm very sensitive :o I also used to cry when I vomited and I do that still, unless I'm drunk.

Basically I'm needy and I cry a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Sucking on titties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The Master wrote: »
    Sucking on titties

Now you're old enough to appreciate it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

brummytom wrote:
    I'm still a ridiculously fussy eater. I basically just eat chicken, beef and bacon. I don't do vegetables. I find it more to do with texture than taste.

you're back BrummyTom! !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

ProudDUB wrote: »
    My siblings and I still all pronounce certain words, the way that we did when we were toddlers first learning to talk and got them mixed up. Our mother copied us coz she thought it was cute and we just kept on going....

So butterflies are and always will be flutterbies.

Pork Chops are Chork Pops

Etc etc...

There are loads more. We've lost track of which one of us mangled which one, but its like we have our own language at times.
    Thats so cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cookies and a glass of milk.

If left alone for the weekend, I will build a man fort out of pillows and a blanket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Wanting to hide under my bed with a packet of biscuits during bad thunderstorms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Feeling the need to be given step by step details to complete some tasks.

Watching cartoons and enjoying the safe, innocent feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

TheBrinch wrote: »
    I would seek legal advice on that one.

More psychiatric I would have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'd still love to mix those mini variety cereal boxes together, sit in a onesie and watch Saturday morning cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

When I was a young 'un my mother couldn't get me to wear shoes if they didn't have room for me to stick up my big toe. She said I was a nightmare in shoe shops, point blank refusing shoes that didn't have enough wiggle room. Never grew out of it. If the toe can't wiggle upwards then the shoes are staying on the shelf.

jumping out at your siblings from behind doors & over walls & out of the bushes, never gets old.

jumping out of bushes at strangers, on the other hand, ideally stops in childhood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Not wanting to walk in dark corridors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

There still are, and always will be monsters under my bed that want to eat my toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I thought of another one. I hate putting my foot out from under the duvet if it dangles off the edge of the bed. I often stick my foot out subconsciously and then pull it in because there might be monsters under the bed. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

I'm 29 and I can just about colour inside the lines now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Green Mile wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I can just about colour inside the lines now

I will NEVER stay inside the lines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I get paranoid a lot of people trying to break into the house.

Advertisement