Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Topping up Leap card in Easons?

• 19-03-2015 3:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to top up in Easons in O'Connell Street, Dublin?

I have a One For All voucher and it would be great if I could use it to top up.I assume I can't use a One For All in Dublin Bus itself.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes you can.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a very good chance they're going to refuse to take the One4All for it, as it'd be a massively loss-making transaction. The commission paid out on One4All is far higher than they get back in off Leap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

I'll give it a go tomorrow. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'll give it a go tomorrow. :)

Let us know how it goes?

Also does anyone know if you can use a debit/credit card to top-up your leap card? And can you do it at the Luas and Dart ticket machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

bk wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes?

Also does anyone know if you can use a debit/credit card to top-up your leap card? And can you do it at the Luas and Dart ticket machines?

Yes you can to both, but some (and I stress some) shops may charge an additional fee (I've heard of some shops charging 20c) as they see fit if you choose to use a card over cash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And online, with the resultant collection issues if you use a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

bk wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes?

Easiest at a luas/train ticket machine or online

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Went into Easons today and asked for a top of of €25. Once topped up I offered my One For All voucher and there was no problem. All sorted. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I know a couple of spar shops who will only take cash when topping up a leap card.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

efb wrote: »
    Easiest at a luas/train ticket machine or online

That is what I was thinking. I've a €25 Visa Debit card thingy that I've been meaning to offload. It is a pain to spend these in a store normally. Over €25 and the teller has to do a split sale, which most tellers hate. Under €25 and I leave unused money on the card.

Dumping the €25 onto my Leap card will be a much better use of it. Cheers

• Advertisement

Went into Easons today and asked for a top of of €25. Once topped up I offered my One For All voucher and there was no problem. All sorted. :)

Will remember that next time I get one for whatever reason. Could still get another cashier refuse it but if they took it without even thinking it should be fine.

Similar reasons to bk - it can be hard enough to use the amount up without irritating cashiers. I do find that shops that issue their own stored-value giftcards like that are far more willing (Woodies, Tesco, shops in big shopping centres, etc) to do splits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I know a couple of spar shops who will only take cash when topping up a leap card.

My local supervalu is the same, right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabi376

Can you buy a leapcard anywhere in navan

Advertisement