Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Getting kinda tired of potential hype FG trailers being ruined at the end with the word "mobile"...

It's the new finisher. Hypetality... :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

These cinematic trailers are actually making me want to play MK, that's not something I've said in a long time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

MKX delayed until summer!

For Xbox 360 and PS3 only. PS4, xbone and pc still on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

MKX delayed until summer!

For Xbox 360 and PS3 only. PS4, xbone and pc still on track.

Hmm the cynical part of me suspect it is that way not because the game is not ready but to sell more of the newer consoles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Season pass is 25 quid for 4 characters? Jeebus.

yeah it is a bit much but i will either get it on a steam sale or what for the inevitable komplete edition

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AAA gaming in a nutshell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Well the PS3 and 360 versions are redundant now for competitive players. I'm on the fence on whether to shell out 500 quid for a next gen console to get MK X. Plus the game's release is in the thick of college exams and assignments so I probably won't get it until June. Let's hope the MK scene doesn't die by that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

What console are you's going to be playing this on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Macal wrote: »
    Let's hope the MK scene doesn't die by that point.

Negativity like this before the game is even out is something that could make it happen. No need to say things like that.

I'll be playing it on PS4 myself. I imagine a lot of the NRS guys will be too since most own one.

watched the stream johnny cage looks pretty good the story mode looks ace but never been a fan of QTE events.

Really wished in story mode before you actually get into a proper fight using a character that it gave you the option to practice a bit first

Naphiel wrote: »
    Negativity like this before the game is even out is something that could make it happen. No need to say things like that.

I'll be playing it on PS4 myself. I imagine a lot of the NRS guys will be too since most own one.

I haven't met any of the NRS guys at casuals so perhaps that's why I can't quantify who'll be playing it. Scrubby logic on my part I suppose.

They mostly post on TYM but they're some of the most dedicated to their game. Always showing up to support it and pushing their game wherever its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

NRS lads are some of the most reliable & dedicated players in the scene.

Games have lived for months beyond others SCV/DOA/ despite low numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Naphiel wrote: »

TBF the MK scene is a special case in that regard.

TBF the MK scene is a special case in that regard.

Yeah but its them not worrying about numbers and stuff and just playing their game that keeps it alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Johnny cage is Noob saibot

a507149e9ff1e5a14bcc12ea65cd9a5a.gif
    mindblown

the multiple styles look great. it really expands the roster.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/16/leaked-mortal-kombat-x-achievements-reveal-new-playable-characters-alternate-costumes-and-more/

The reveals are leaking more than a public men's lavatory. Erron Black, Jax, Shinnok and Baraka quite likely confirmed by these screenshots.

• Advertisement

Macal wrote: »
    http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/16/leaked-mortal-kombat-x-achievements-reveal-new-playable-characters-alternate-costumes-and-more/

The reveals are leaking more than a public men's lavatory. Erron Black, Jax, Shinnok and Baraka quite likely confirmed by these screenshots.

Baraka! Nice one.

Only need kabal, sektor and cyrax now. (And noob and smoke) :)

I read somewhere that there are six dlc in the pass excluding Goro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Baraka! Nice one.

Only need kabal, sektor and cyrax now. (And noob and smoke) :)

I read somewhere that there are six dlc in the pass excluding Goro.

The season pass is 4 characters - one of which is Jason. Don't know if Goro or other DLC is included.

I think every character in the season pass comes with a batch of costumes. Dunno for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

16_mkximages05.jpg

Pre-ordered

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

PS3 stick support!

Thank you based Netherrealm.

CAfUTHKU0AA9vON.jpg:large and that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    PS3 stick support!

Thank you based Netherrealm LabZero.

FTFY :cool:

Introducing Test Your Luck and Kustom Kombat, looks good to play for some lols at casuals.

Mileena seems to have a mix of everything across her variants from super-delayable teleports and tiger shot-style sai projectiles.

Takeda is the most interesting shown here imo. Has a serious long range attacks with his whip and some good-looking teleports in his Shinrai Ryu variant. The second variant makes him even more keepout-style but his Ronin variant seems to change him completely away from his long-range game.

Kung Jin is essentially the Hawkeye/Green Arrow here as you might expect. His first variant is about all projectile spam, the first variant looks the strongest so far.

Quitalities will make the rage quitter salt all the more better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jason, Predator, Tanya and Tremor in the Kombat Pack.

MKX looks like a pretty cool game, but man, buying a $60 game and then needing a $30 season pass, plus preordering it in order to get all the characters is a ****ing joke.

As much as Street Fighter milks people with reselling the same game a year later, I still don't feel as taken advantage of as this does.

• Advertisement

They clearly rushed this trailer as well with the Predator being leaked.

You can see a bit of pixel blur around Tanya's belly.

Advertisement