Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SOTC(state of the collection) thread.

Options
  • 15-03-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey!

Someone I know mentioned that this is a good place to discuss watches so here I am! This is my current collection..

Rolex Submariner Non date ceramic
    Rolex GMT Blue - Red
    Rolex Datejust 36mm with WG bezel
    Omega Speedmaster professional
    IWC Portuguese Chrono 3714
    Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso 976

Cant post a pic as I am new...

Looking forward to being active here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

RUK wrote: »
    Hey!

Someone I know mentioned that this is a good place to discuss watches so here I am! This is my current collection..

Rolex Submariner Non date ceramic
    Rolex GMT Blue - Red
    Rolex Datejust 36mm with WG bezel
    Omega Speedmaster professional
    IWC Portuguese Chrono 3714
    Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso 976

Cant post a pic as I am new...

Looking forward to being active here!

That's a nice collection RUK. Im looking forward to hopefully seeing some pictures. Welcome to the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RUK

That's a nice collection RUK. Im looking forward to hopefully seeing some pictures. Welcome to the board.

Thanks! Will update with a photo ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Holy Moley...cant wait to see these

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Thanks! Will update with a photo ASAP

Host the pics on and image hosting site and then post the links here with a space on the link!

Nice collection!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Holy Moley...cant wait to see these
    Hell yes and ditto. As you said RUK to stop spamming eejits and the like, Boards brought in a policy to restrict linking to folks under 50 posts. No worries, just PM one of the mods, or for that matter one of the larger postcount layabouts we have hereabouts(you know who you are, so stop looking at me like that..:D) and they can link your pics for you.

Or what 893bet said and we can edit and embed them for you. With a list like yours RUK, please brace yourself for praise and unbridled envy in about equal measure. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    Host the pics on and image hosting site and then post the links here with a space on the link!

Nice collection!

DSC_7134.jpg
    DSC_7145.jpg
    DSC_7146.jpg
    DSC_7147.jpg
    DSC_7148.jpg
    DSC_7149.jpg
    DSC_7150.jpg

Here you go, space after the 1st letter. I also sent a PM to the MOD as requested. ENJOY!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Let the praise and envy begin. :)

Actually, I was thinking(Danger!) maybe make this the SOTC(State Of The Collection) thread? We don't have one and we should. Where you post up your stash of tickers, buzzers, hummers et al.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i have the envy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Wibbs, why not change the thread title to "Would you like to borrow one of my watches?"

Seriously though, fabulous collection. Couple of grails there.

Do you just rotate them or wear specific watches for certain occasions?

Which gets noticed most/least

Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Fantastic collection. Anyone know how to get a green eyed monster back in its box? :-)

Thanks!! I rotate the sports watches weekly or so (sub,Gmt and speedy) the IWC is for smart days and the Reverso is the dress watch. The Datejust is for Mrs. But I do borrow it on occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I give up!

Thats an awesome collection, if i own even one of those watches in a lifetime il be happy.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I give up!

Same as...

Right now I have feck all...gaging to buy a new watch, damn house and kids to feed...:P

I love the JLC. Tres chic. Sadly if I was to wear a watch like that it'd look like I stole it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Right now I have feck all...gaging to buy a new watch, damn house and kids to feed...:P

First of all you should starve the house. And teach the kids to forage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Like the IWC though I would never buy it as I would never wear it!

Like the white face datejust most then the sub!

Great collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

Very envious here! Lovely collection.

That IWC is gorgeous imo, Id never think to pair the speed master with that strap but it looks oddly good (any chance of a wristshot of it at some unpressured stage in the future!)

I think I have what could be called a poor mans version of that collection (based loosely) will post up images at some stage.

amacca wrote: »
    Very envious here! Lovely collection.

That IWC is gorgeous imo, Id never think to pair the speed master with that strap but it looks oddly good (any chance of a wristshot of it at some unpressured stage in the future!)

I think I have what could be called a poor mans version of that collection (based loosely) will post up images at some stage.

Hey. I have a load of straps for the Speedmaster. The original bracelet plus a few calf and alligator straps. This is the rallye strap by far the best looking and sporty.

Will upload/pm you a pic

Looking at these...Nearly my perfect dream collection

At a minimum would have the Speedie, GMT and the IWC

Reckon would be happy with that..

• Advertisement

Looking at these...Nearly my perfect dream collection

At a minimum would have the Speedie, GMT and the IWC

Reckon would be happy with that..

Ditto here. Already have the speedy but would love the gmt and sub at some stage in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

That's a great collection op.

I would love to own the IWC and speed master there definitely watches I'd love to own some day hopefully.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    That's a great collection op.

I would love to own the IWC and speed master there definitely watches I'd love to own some day hopefully.

If you had to chose one- Id say the speedy for the versatility

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

If you had to chose one- Id say the speedy for the versatility

If I had to choose one I'd pick the IWC I don't know something about them just does it for me and is definitely one I'm hoping to own some day.

I can understand why you would pick the speedmaster as it is far more versatile and would get a lot more wrist time but the IWCs just do it for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I both hate and love clicking into this thread.

Probably the GMT for me, if you're offering.

Eoin wrote: »
    I both hate and love clicking into this thread.

Probably the GMT for me, if you're offering.

funny coz thats the one I wear the least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Wow.... Drool.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Wow exactly. What a collection. And my favourites out front, the Portuguese, Speedmaster & the Reverso. And in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Serious collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Just saw this thread RUK, fantastic collection. You and I have something in common, the no date Submariner, a Datejust and an IWC. Been meaning to post the IWC in the other thread as it's the newest of mine, will get around to that soon.

But I have to bow before your collection, that is seriously impressive - and well-rounded.

Advertisement