Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Sky making any more?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 4:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if Sky are making any more of those movies?

While they weren't amazing, I still quite enjoyed them, and would be interested in seeing their take on one of the city watch stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

There's a Watch TV show in production, I believe Rhianna (the daughter of Terry as opposed to the singer) will be helping to write it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

There's a Watch TV show in production, I believe Rhianna (the daughter of Terry as opposed to the singer) will be helping to write it.

TV show?? Who's producing it?

Is it sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

KonFusion wrote: »
    TV show?? Who's producing it?

Is it sky?

Narrativia I think which is Pratchett's own production company.

• Site Banned Posts: 6 jagershots

[mod] no need to be offensive to other posters. Be civil or be infracted[/mod]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I haven't watched any of the TV shows after seeing a BBC version of Guards Guards many moons ago. Are they worth a watch or will I just stick to the books?
    I would personally think that the series would lend itself more to animation than film

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the first tv verrsion was kinda ok iirc.. didnt like the other one (or others.. i dont remember how many there were)

have you seen the animations? soul music and uh.. some other one. witches abroad maybe?
    they're quite brilliant

--edit

was wyrd systers, not witches abroad

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

have you seen the animations?

Negative. Haven't seen the BBC version of Guards Guards either. All news to me! Shall check em out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

According to a video interview with Rob W at IDWCon 13, the six part live action series based on the Watch will be released early in 2015. There's also a couple of films being developed, one with a large american company run by a mouse iirc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

paperclip2 wrote: »
    According to a video interview with Rob W at IDWCon 13, the six part live action series based on the Watch will be released early in 2015. There's also a couple of films being developed, one with a large american company run by a mouse iirc. :)

any update on this for 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nimfinkler

daheff wrote: »
    any update on this for 2015?

Given the news lately I wouldn't expect news for a week or two. But given the news I bet something will happen fair quick now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I suppose the Radio adaption of Good Omens is a good medium term solution.

Reading between the lines on the facebook page I'm not sure that they have got all the pre-production sorted, nevermind started filiming. So I'd say maybe another year:

https://www.facebook.com/HughLaurieAsSamVimesInBbbDiscworldTheWatch

Advertisement