Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend plans?

Options
  • 06-03-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

As I am sitting here, alone in front of the tv at the start of my weekend, it got me thinking;

Does anyone feel like a weekend 'in', is a weekend wasted? As if you are missing out and not enjoying yourself. Alas, it is a catch-22. You can either be boring or just go into that weekend drunken haze ending with a bitter-sweet hangover.

Also, what are your plans this fair weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I try to balance it as best I can.. I don't mind a night out (though a weekend-long drunken haze is a distant memory) but I quite enjoy a weekend of doing "nothing" as well.. usually have a busy week in work so it's nice to unwind too. It's probably "boring" but I don't care.

This weekend is gonna be quiet one.. do the usual bits around the place, watch TV and just relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Depends, what age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Most weekends are the same as any day of the week for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mine involves gloves,a spray mask and a skip

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cillit_bang

Ah yes, I am in my early 20's. Forgot to mention that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ah yes, I am in my early 20's. Forgot to mention that!

Then go out and get wasted.
    Jasus like.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

At the moment my weekends are working the night shifts for a while now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I home alone this weekend. Gonna sit in the front room on my own and watch Harry Potter with 3D specs on and a beer in my hand. I'm 39 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I have grown tired of going out Sat and Fri nights after a week of work and then doing daytime activities in a hungover and tired state. The horrible sleep on a Sunday following this meant that I was more tired going to work on Monday than I was coming home on Friday! Now I head out on a mad one on only one of those nights so I'll have a full day not hungover!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

I am drinking beer sitting on a chair and listening to music. This will be the formula for the weekend, will do some reading, might clean out the cats litter tray, then again might not. Looking forward to seeing and laughing at the usual 9 or 10 fistfight's out on the street later from the folks out "having the craic"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm skyping in for my best friend's baby shower tomorrow morning (afternoon Irish time) and then going skiing on Sunday.

I'm trying to get out and do as much as possible in the next couple of months, before I go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Study and drink copious amounts of tea. I have exams next week. Means Paddy's Day is a write off this year too! :(

I home alone this weekend. Gonna sit in the front room on my own and watch Harry Potter with 3D specs on and a beer in my hand. I'm 39 :)

Are you going to wear your tin foil hat ???? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Work and Sleep here

Getting ready to go in. On from 11pm Till 7am Fri. Sat. Sun. Mon.

So no fun here

paconnors wrote: »
    Work and Sleep here

Getting ready to go in. On from 11pm Till 7am Fri. Sat. Sun. Mon.

So no fun here

But as the saying goes No mon no fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

lulu1 wrote: »
    Are you going to wear your tin foil hat ???? :)

Nah! I don't want to look look a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Does anyone feel like a weekend 'in', is a weekend wasted? As if you are missing out and not enjoying yourself. Alas, it is a catch-22. You can either be boring or just go into that weekend drunken haze ending with a bitter-sweet hangover.

Not a catch 22 at all, there are way more than just those two options.

But nope, I don't see a weekend staying as wasted at all. Sometimes you just need good quality, lengthy r 'n r.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cillit_bang

I'm skyping in for my best friend's baby shower tomorrow morning (afternoon Irish time) and then going skiing on Sunday.

I'm trying to get out and do as much as possible in the next couple of months, before I go home.

Yeah, I sometimes wish I lived in the likes of Canada or west coast US.

You could go skiing in Winter and then beach and stuff in Summer! I imagine there are way more activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Great plan & fantastic username. ten points.

Sitting drinking Prosecco and reading crap on the internet while my housemate watches **** TV.
    Am also in my 20's. Probably not taking advantage of it as much as I could be..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

work and listen to the waterford vs offaly game tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

"sooooooooo any plans for the weekend?" lived with a retard that asked me that every thursday last year :rolleyes::rolleyes:

said retard spent 7 days a week sitting out the back getting stoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What did you tell him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Study and drink copious amounts of tea. I have exams next week. Means Paddy's Day is a write off this year too! :(

A pint will take the edge off the nerves on the day *from a 1.1 student :)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    work and listen to the waterford vs offaly game tomorrow

Waterford decent this year? or if you're Offaly same question

Mint Aero wrote: »
    "sooooooooo any plans for the weekend?" lived with a retard that asked me that every thursday last year :rolleyes::rolleyes:

said retard spent 7 days a week sitting out the back getting stoned.

Jayzus. Sounds like a decent sort of person to me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

buried wrote: »
    Jayzus. Sounds like a decent sort of person to me :confused:

If needy is decent then yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Im back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off..but getting to work involves a flight to Aberdeen followed by a 12 hour ferry crossing to the Shetland islands where Il be living on a cruise liner for 3 weeks because of the lack of accommodation over there.. Jesus im really not looking forward to this one bit.

Im back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off..but getting to work involves a flight to Aberdeen followed by a 12 hour ferry crossing to the Shetland islands where Il be living on a cruise liner for 3 weeks because of the lack of accommodation over there.. Jesus im really not looking forward to this one bit.

cruise liner?? sounds sweet? fwp

• Advertisement

That sounds very cool! What do you work at if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement