Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 Matchday Thread - Insight, analysis and general malcontent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Up to 6.4k from 11k with my 39 from 6.

A big day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Up 5k to 41k with 24. Aguero(c) Silva Sanchez Bellerin and Cazorla to come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bounced back into the top 1k to a healthy 358 OR. This game :pac:

8f37d95d5add553774c4192502890cac8ddad1864e965da5809f7ab2306ef372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

8f37d95d5add553774c4192502890cac8ddad1864e965da5809f7ab2306ef372.jpg

Same, except I'm sh!t. I say I'm quitting and then I have an alright week and I'm right back in the throes of this addiction. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Actually moved up a couple of hundred places to 2786 with my 23. Hopeful of good things tomorrow with most of my attacking players due out. Wouldn't surprise me though if naughtons 6 points off the bench ends up being my best score tomorrow given the good day/bad day that often happens in this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

17 sees me drop 10k to 53k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Same, except I'm sh!t. I say I'm quitting and then I have an alright week and I'm right back in the throes of this addiction. :pac:

If you've done well I take it you didn't ditch Puncheon after all, it seems like you've been threatening to do so for a good few weeks now.

Honestly, as long as he's playing regularly Punch = fantasy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Haven't you been a tad overdramatic though :p? How far off top 1k have you been?
    Today's results is clouding a bit your judgement :p. He performed in 6 of the 25 GW he took part in (and I'm being nice in counting a 4 pts GW a success). Puncheon is too irregular for being Fantasy gold. He generally scores in burst (which is worrying for its non-owners) and blanks for months. He did chose the right GW to shine though :pac:...

-

21 see me rise a couple of hundreds places inside top 19k. But this means absolutely nothing considering the ownership of tomorrow's players...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Evening all. Happy to report a good day at last! 40(-4) from 7 with Sanchez, Bellerin(hopefully), Sturridge and Aguero (c) to play.

Keeping faith in puncheon is satisfying, he has been unlucky not to return in the last couple of games, while Corks assist is almost sexual! Although I was put through the mill when fotmob gave a Cork goal initially then FPL site gave Gomis the assist.

Good to see some joy at last for fellow slumper Ziegler and fellow Cork owner Lemlin.

I'm starting to regret not bothering to pick my first 11 as I only had 11 possible starters so I've 20 points to come off the bench and don't get to see my first green arrows in a long long time. Hoping there's a goal fest at Anfield and it's still green this time tomorrow.

Comin for ya Busts, comin for ya....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Evening all. Happy to report a good day at last! 40(-4) from 7 with Sanchez, Bellerin(hopefully), Sturridge and Aguero (c) to play.

Keeping faith in puncheon is satisfying, he has been unlucky not to return in the last couple of games, while Corks assist is almost sexual! Although I was put through the mill when fotmob gave a Cork goal initially then FPL site gave Gomis the assist.

Good to see some joy at last for fellow slumper Ziegler and fellow Cork owner Lemlin.

I'm starting to regret not bothering to pick my first 11 as I only had 11 possible starters so I've 20 points to come off the bench and don't get to see my first green arrows in a long long time. Hoping there's a goal fest at Anfield and it's still green this time tomorrow.

Comin for ya Busts, comin for ya....

Had a good day have we. You usually don't post till a Thursday of late ha.

• Advertisement

Had a good day have we. You usually don't post till a Thursday of late ha.

:)

FHFC, the sleeping giant of the NW is back baby!!

iroced wrote: »
    Haven't you been a tad overdramatic though :p? How far off top 1k have you been?

Today's results is clouding a bit your judgement :p. He performed in 6 of the 25 GW he took part in (and I'm being nice in counting a 4 pts GW a success). Puncheon is too irregular for being Fantasy gold. He generally scores in burst (which is worrying for its non-owners) and blanks for months. He did chose the right GW to shine though :pac:...

-

21 see me rise a couple of hundreds places inside top 19k. But this means absolutely nothing considering the ownership of tomorrow's players...

Probably ;). It was just all so easy getting green after green and breaking into the top 100. I wasn't anywhere near quitting, but I hadn't been enjoying the last month at all (Hurrikanes were hurting me in FPL and real life as a Gooner).

Puncheon could have easily scored last week from the free kick. I was all set to do Punch to Eriksen for a -4 but now I'm not so sure. He's dirt cheap, is on most set plays, and has some nice fixtures. I'll have to think about it since money is no issue for me currently.

It's funny how ~4.5m mids can give so much joy. Boyd for the goal when Costa was out and now Cork with a tidy assist, CS, bap. I'm a bench fodder mid man forever now, strong front 8 can stuff itself :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

29 from 5' happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Haven't really had a chance all day to follow this, team selection completed last night, had a brief look around 5 pm, where I was on 30pts after BPs, thought not bad, just checked again now, must have been revised as dropped to 29.

Still not to bad. Above the top 1000 avg of 20, with 4 to play inc captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

13 points sees me drop from 96k to 98k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

13 points sees me drop from 96k to 98k

18 points sees me drop from 96k to 98k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

26 points from 6 sees a small rise to ~74,000. Marks the high point in my season so far, considering I was at the ~600,000 mark after GW13.

Captain Kun, Silva, Sanchez, Cazorla & Bellerin to come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

23 seems a small rise of 2k. I've five left tomorrow though including my three forwards - Kun, Giroud and Sturridge. A 2-2 or 3-3 draw at Anfield with the two lads having a shoot out would be great.

Bellerin and Sanchez left as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

sword1 wrote: »
    18 points sees me drop from 96k to 98k

According to the Gargatron im 1 point inside the 100k :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

23(-4) from 6

I was ahppy enough with it and then I saw that I dropped another 1k in places from 14k to 15k. Freefall continues.

Need a huge day from Sanchez(c), bellerin, cazorla and Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

According to the Gargatron im 1 point inside the 100k :P

Gargatron?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sword1 wrote: »
    Gargatron?

Its a chrome plugin gives you a ton of cool stats came from an ffs user. To to the chrome app store you should find it there.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gargatron-the-fpl-stats-m/kpbaoamnogjcokjojimpmbdkdgobdhoe?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I stayed away from all football today. decided I was going to read the thread and relive the highs and lows through the thread.

Very enjoyable way to play it :D

If you've done well I take it you didn't ditch Puncheon after all, it seems like you've been threatening to do so for a good few weeks now.

I think if Punch plays where he played today he could well be gold. Just watching motd and while his three assists were set pieces he created a number of chances for play too playing behind Murray in a 4411.

He had been wide in a 4231 the past few weeks but was at the heart of everything today despite a dodgy first 20 mins or so according to of some coverage.

With most attacking free kicks and corners and this formation I won't be selling him just get anyway.

I think if Punch plays where he played today he could well be gold. Just watching motd and while his three assists were set pieces he created a number of chances for play too playing behind Murray in a 4411.

He had been wide in a 4231 the past few weeks but was at the heart of everything today despite a dodgy first 20 mins or so according to of some coverage.

With most attacking free kicks and corners and this formation I won't be selling him just get anyway.

He started quite deep but was given some license to get forward. Then second half he was essentially playing in the hole and being very positive. If Zaha wasn't so selfish he could have squared to Punch for a tap in (when Palace had 10 men as well). The only issue is whether Punch will still be given that freedom when Campbell, Sanogo, and Chamakh are back fit. He was quite deep against Arsenal last GW (although maybe that was because Jedinak was out?). Regardless I think Pardew loves Punch so he's nailed. I'm still undecided what I want to do with him, but a -4 for Eriksen doesn't seem so appealing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

6pts from 5 players with 2 non-players :D

Aguero (c), Sanchez and Ibe to run riot tomorrow hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I wish I hadn't sold Puncheon last week

Another red arrow sees me fall a further 1000 places to 27000

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Big old day ahead today in FPL. By 13:06 we should have a good idea on how the GW will pan out with 1 half of the pool/city game over and Wenger's team sheet available.

The big issues
    Aguero v Sanchez capt battle
    Can Sturridge start and get points
    Will bellerin start
    Who starts in the arsenal midfield
    Will giroud start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Weekend pissup in Leeds so not been paying attention.

34 from captain Rooney with Aguero, Sanchez, Cazorla and Sturridge to come

Advertisement