Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KERRY Pubs & Restaurants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭acequion

Does anyone know if there are shops open in Tralee tomorrow where I can buy wine? Are Dunnes,Tescos and Garveys all closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

acequion wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are shops open in Tralee tomorrow where I can buy wine? Are Dunnes,Tescos and Garveys all closed?

Garveys are open, think everyone else is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any pubs in Tralee with a good selection of craft beer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Garveys are open, think everyone else is closed

Dunnes are open tomorrow at 11am I think. Off Licences will be open though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Redsoxfan wrote: »

I think Roundy's are the only pub doing any decent craft beer and they do some on tap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Congratulations to The Roast House who received a very complimentary review in Ryanair's recent inflight magazine.

Not sure why there is now a separate thread for Restaurants and Pubs. Are we in danger of diluting the original Tralee thread?????

My preferred Restaurants & Bars in Tralee.

1. Spa Seafood Restaurant, The Spa Tralee.

2. O'Donnells, Mounthawk , Tralee

3. The Grand Hotel , Denny Street.

4. The West End, Fenit .

Hope this may be of some assistance.

Best Wishes

d:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Redsoxfan wrote: »

As Ciarraí said, Roundys is your best(only) bet. The Bo Bristle is superb in there. The castle offie has a good selection also. For the best selection in Kerry though, Stacks offie in Listowel can't be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like TraleeToday.ie will be doing pub reviews soon that they are running out of places to eat

http://traleetoday.ie/lunch-bailys-corners-market-hospitality/

Looks like TraleeToday.ie will be doing pub reviews now that they have ran out of places to eat

http://traleetoday.ie/lunch-bailys-corners-market-hospitality/

Same fckin places though isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya,they should start up at the Sportsfield Bar and do every pub in the town.

They do a great tayto sammich in the Sportsfield

Yeah! You will run out of places pretty quickly! He's probably on the second tour of each place now! :D

Went to this establishment (Meadowlands}twice in the past few months for a few jars with friends Stood at counter unable to order for ten minutes on both occasions. Pub not very busy but got the impression that staff couldn"t be bothered whether i got served or not, Voted with my feet and left both times and will not be back

we got a voucher for the Meadowlands for Christmas, and after reading the reviews not being so good anymore, I'm not really looking forward to it now! Oh well, we might as well see for ourselves!:rolleyes:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    we got a voucher for the Meadowlands for Christmas, and after reading the reviews not being so good anymore, I'm not really looking forward to it now! Oh well, we might as well see for ourselves!:rolleyes:

The food is quite good there, it's just staff turnover and understandable non interest from them

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Ever notice that if you start at the sports field bar and travel west as far as quinlans that every bar is on the right hand side of the street! Benners was the exception when it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gill_Murph

I don't travel to Tralee that often but if I could reccommend anywhere to eat it would most definitely be The Grand Hotel on Denny Street and it always has to be their roast chicken dinner! It is to die for! So yummy!

I have updated the name of this thread to include all pubs or restaurants/cafe's in KERRY, rather than just limiting it to Tralee.
    Hope that's ok with everyone! MOD

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have updated the name of this thread to include all pubs or restaurants/cafe's in KERRY, rather than just limiting it to Tralee.
    Hope that's ok with everyone! MOD

Perfect !:)Makes more sense,

Thanks

d

If anyone is looking for somewhere new to go for lunch, D'arcys restaurant in Tralee are now doing lunch! Still haven't been there, so hopefully will get a chance some afternoon!

• Advertisement

Darcys is on Barrack lane. I haven't been there since it was The Skillet back in the day!

I bought a take-away sandwich from 'Taste of Italy' on Edward street, Tralee, today. It was really nice, the crusty bread roll was really fresh and eventhough I only had some ham, cheese & tomato, it was a really nice filling roll. Seems nice in there since they put in tables & chairs. They also do salads and have a good range of meats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Ate in Salvadors in Killarney earlier, nice food but very bad timing with dishes. Was not over busy so disappointed overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Ate in Salvadors in Killarney earlier, nice food but very bad timing with dishes. Was not over busy so disappointed overall.

I have had this problem there a couple of times. I know the owner and have said it to him directly and sent him a message on facebook with no change so I stopped going. It's a pity because their €10 all day jumbo breakfast is the best in town imo but I cannot stand poor service.

Christophe's on courthouse lane, Tralee is well worth a visit. French Bistro style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The Horseshoe in listowel is well worth a visit: the staff are lovely and always really helpful, and they have a very good menu with specials every day too. But it's their deserts: particularly the Belgian Waffle. Just yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Hi,

I'm looking for a good place to go for romantic dinner on Sunday evening within 30 - 40 minutes drive of Killarney. Jacks coastguard looks good but I'm not sure I will get the atmosphere I'm after. Meadowlands looks good from the pictures I've seen. Any other suggestions?

Hi,

I'm looking for a good place to go for romantic dinner on Sunday evening within 30 - 40 minutes drive of Killarney. Jacks coastguard looks good but I'm not sure I will get the atmosphere I'm after. Meadowlands looks good from the pictures I've seen. Any other suggestions?

Spa Seafood Restaurant, The Spa, Tralee.

Madowlands, don't think it is what you are looking for on this ocassion!

Hi,

Jacks Coastguard is really good, definitely somewhere I'd go again. I was at a wedding reception there and its top notch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi,

What about in town itself? Treyvaud's is exceptional imo. I've only been twice but both times we were treated like royalty and I don't even know anyone working there. Once for my OH birthday and for Valentines day. We can't wait to return. Robertinos is nice but has taken a dip in service and overall good feeling in recent months imo. If you wanted to splash the cash then The Europe is apparently fantastic but I've never been lucky enough to try it.

Advertisement