Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭jack of all

This is yet another Christmas gift from more than 30 years ago- junior microscope, Japanese made so decent lens quality. I actually used this recently to confirm the (worn) condition of the stylus on my record player (yes, I am old school!). I remember having great fun with this- disecting spiders and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Time extension !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So many days spent screaming in frustration playing these bastard games on the Amstrad CPC 464.

This one was also the business and insanely adult orientated for the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Having had a couple of the Dizzy games I never knew what the **** was going on. I recently watched a lets play video like above and I still can't make sense of the game. No idea how it was popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

18 Minutes to complete Treasure Island Dizzy.... Pretty sure i lost days to that game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

<<<snip>>>

I knew all the words to the rules...

"Mallets mallet is a word association game..."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

everlast75 wrote: »
    I knew all the words to the rules...

"Mallets mallet is a word association game..."

"BLEURGH" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

kfallon wrote: »

Can I have my 52 seconds back, please?
    (Yes, even though I watched less than half of it, I still want my time back)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Getting up to devilment as a child, randomly dialing numbers with one of these :P

AAAACwdoOI4AAAAAANjjRQ.jpg?v=1278465550000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Itzy wrote: »
    Getting up to devilment as a child, randomly dialing numbers with one of these :P

AAAACwdoOI4AAAAAANjjRQ.jpg?v=1278465550000

I much preferred dialing 171 and running quietly up the stairs, waiting for brother, sister, mother to run out to the phone and answer a non existent phone call. Cordless phones have stolen us of such simple moments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

original-lego.jpg

1980s Spaceship guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I was up in the Parent's attic last year looking for something and found the pacManuel Spicy Tugboating for my first mobile phone. I think it was around Oct '98 when I got it.

Anyways as I no longer had the phone, my sister had it after me and lost it, I put a search on ebay and got one recently for 99p in the UK. Massive thing! Only problem is I have no charger but I didn't realise everything except the phone and charger was in the box, which I only opened last night.

Brings back memories!

IMAG1042_zpsb84f0952.jpg

IMAG1041_zpsa9b6acff.jpg

IMAG1037_zps56a1d63d.jpg

IMAG1040_zpsa238f540.jpg

IMAG1036_zps061b3b19.jpg

I still have the same mobile number today! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

striker8.jpg

I used to love this game, you put the ball at their foot and press the heads to make them kick. Hours of fun as a kid with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

boxart.jpg

Loved this game - started me on D&D and then Warhammer... good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Homestead, ag teacht cun tí..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

BC0355.jpg
    Used to absolutely adore these growing up in the 90s. So much sugar, though. Good old fashioned, stick-to-your-teeth goodness! :D
    I'm told you can still get them in certain shops but I'd given up hope of ever finding them after a long and fruitless search.
    Then, today, I was in Tiger in the Pavillions and I found that they sold their own brand of what I and t'Mammy called "Midget Gems".
    Currently munching away on a handful of them right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

These are Midget Gems, I remember them well. There's probably one or two still stuck to my teeth!

midget_gems__80628_zoom.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

n64548313808_9254_xlarge.jpeg

Toys inside cereal boxes - because of stupid kids that swallow them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

BeerWolf wrote: »
    n64548313808_9254_xlarge.jpeg

Toys inside cereal boxes - because of stupid kids that swallow them :mad:

I only found out this wasn't a thing any more recently - when did that change come about? I'm not even old either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I only found out this wasn't a thing any more recently - when did that change come about? I'm not even old either!

About a decade ago... :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Homestead, ag teacht cun tí..
    Ah, you're missing the fiúntas! Need the value!

"Homestead-Fiúntas, ag teacht chun tí" I think Homestead and fiúntas were nearly said on top of each other. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

046284cea727bec6b302dd286e519201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone else remember this? Yer one knocks on the door.... Idiots grotbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyone remember these?

Gamesmaster

Bad Influence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

renofan wrote: »
    I was up in the Parent's attic last year looking for something and found the pacManuel Spicy Tugboating for my first mobile phone. I think it was around Oct '98 when I got it.

Anyways as I no longer had the phone, my sister had it after me and lost it, I put a search on ebay and got one recently for 99p in the UK. Massive thing! Only problem is I have no charger but I didn't realise everything except the phone and charger was in the box, which I only opened last night.

Brings back memories!

I still have the same mobile number today! :cool:

Does that say 80p a minute daytime in the top right-hand corner?!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Lucena wrote: »
    Does that say 80p a minute daytime in the top right-hand corner?!!:eek:

I think it says 50p but still, a lot.

Advertisement