Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA (Hons) in Business Studies

Options
  • 07-02-2015 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am interested in doing this course at Griffith College in Cork.

Has anyone done it? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

If you can get into a BSc then by all means do, it's much more in depth than a BA. Personly I think a business studies degree is good but doing something within the area of business would be much more beneficial for you. For example a degree in accounting, economics or management would have much better job opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Hi,

I am currently in second year of this course by night study.
    Find it quite good, however I work in a middle management level in a large multinational.
    Relevant to work I do every day. Not as sure for a school leaver wanting to get into a Career path.

Maybe if that's the case something more specific would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

christy02 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently in second year of this course by night study.
    Find it quite good, however I work in a middle management level in a large multinational.
    Relevant to work I do every day.

How do you find the workload of this course working full time?

Can be tough going. Three nights a week on college is hard going. I have 2 smallies at home as well.
    Material is ok but a lot of assignment work during each semester. 5 or 6 assignments each semester of 2-3000 words each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

christy02 wrote: »
    Can be tough going. Three nights a week on college is hard going. I have 2 smallies at home as well.
    Material is ok but a lot of assignment work during each semester. 5 or 6 assignments each semester of 2-3000 words each.

God it's 3 nights a week :eek: I thought it was only 2, that's heavy duty Christy! Fair play. I'll have to think long and hard whether this is the route I want to go down or not....

• Advertisement

3 nights from start of second year. 2 in first year.

Advertisement