Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6-Nations handicaps

Options
  • 15-02-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Bookies made a few pound this weekend on the 6-Nations handicap markets

Ireland won by 7 pts as 7pt favs and then Wales win by 3-pts as 3-pt favs

Not too far out with England either who won by 30 as 29-pt favs

Few years ago I used to do a €1 hcp patent for every 6-Nations weekend using the hcp draws. Don't remember ever winning a single, let alone a double so jacked it in cos it is a mugs bet really. Prices usually around the 25/1 mark I think for a single. Would have been a nice double if anyone had it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Bookies are sometimes scarily accurate with their handicaps, just goes to show the effort that goes into making odds by the statisticians et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Even worse is some bookies are 10/11 on the handicaps despite a good few who are evens both sides.

Only bookies who went Evens for all 3 matches were Ladbrokes, Coral & Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Well I did mine with Skybet and they were all 1/1

edit: I did England -29, Ireland -7, & Wales -3 in a treble

Only bookies who went Evens for all 3 matches were Ladbrokes, Coral & Bet365

"of the 9 bookies listed in the Racing Post".
    Didn't look at the others tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement