Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Maybe edit the title to spell my name right too :rolleyes:

The leader is good, the leader is great!

337430.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It doesn't look quite as good that any more, thanks to me being a wally and putting an arrow through it, thinking it would stick ... mea maxima culpa :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I'll figure it out, don't worry about it dude. I made the same mistake last night with my own armour stand.

like ... whoa, man ...

337596.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Going to start a new single player challenge for myself - Complete the game (ender dragon) without using a chest. Have to place blocks, or use item frames and furnaces for storage. Should look pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Going to start a new single player challenge for myself - Complete the game (ender dragon) without using a chest. Have to place blocks, or use item frames and furnaces for storage. Should look pretty funny!

Have you tried any of the challenge mod packs darkglasses?

The likes Agrarian Skies,Blast Off etc on the FTB launcher

Currently playing Agrarian Skies myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have you tried any of the challenge mod packs darkglasses?

The likes Agrarian Skies,Blast Off etc on the FTB launcher

Currently playing Agrarian Skies myself

Nope, my laptop can't really run those kinds of mods without a horrible frame rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

FTB modpacks are usually pretty well optimized once there not updated anymore though. Agrarian Skies is 1.6.4 and supports optifine as well and is a sky block style map so not much to render.

Im really enjoying it myself,although waiting for trees to grow early game can be painful:o

I picked up minecraft on PS4 a few days ago so the plan is to try get a platinum trophy for it,might try is on hardcore and see how i get on

EoinHef wrote: »
    FTB modpacks are usually pretty well optimized once there not updated anymore though. Agrarian Skies is 1.6.4 and supports optifine as well and is a sky block style map so not much to render.

Im really enjoying it myself,although waiting for trees to grow early game can be painful:o

I picked up minecraft on PS4 a few days ago so the plan is to try get a platinum trophy for it,might try is on hardcore and see how i get on

I've multiple versions of FtB lite and it was pretty much unplayable, honestly I'm not really all that interested in modded minecraft for the most part. Open blocks looks fun and it'd be cool to have new biomes, but not much of the techy stuff interests me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Can I be invited?
    My ign is mhiggy11

Btw do I need to be online to get it ?
    Cause atm I'm not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Off topic, pompous and dark glasses, you are both number one and two in my boards matches! Yuk!

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

337849.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Off topic, pompous and dark glasses, you are both number one and two in my boards matches! Yuk!

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Ha! Same for me. Pair of sluts the both of ye :D

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Can I be invited?
    My ign is mhiggy11

You have been added by the way

I've put an enchanting table and bookshelves in at the Ender ender. If anyone else is thinking of using it often, could someone supply an anvil? I'm broke :o

Town hall is starting to grow

338354.png

Anybody else not able to get on today?

I can get on. If you're having problems it might have something to do with your super fast and reliable connection.

• Advertisement

I've been having problems with Minecraft crashing on me, but it happened on Simgle Player too. Probably has more to do with the Windows 10 Technical Preview I'm running, even though Microsoft are using their newest acquisition when demo-ing Win10.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They might've rolled out the XBox version for demos as it's written in C++ (I think) which'd be FAR more stable than anything written in Java. I'm sure Sun's working on a Win 10 Java, but it might be a while yet before it's finished.

About half the roof is done and the front is basically finished.

Would anyone like to do the floor? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

338889.png

It looks even better in person!

Meanwhile, I've been rerouting the railways and cleaning up the "eyesores". The Circle Line (a.k.a. The Scenic Route) now runs underground on the north side of Spawn, with a temporary feeder line that comes up just outside the Gift package. The underground is partly a glass tunnel under the sea, some of it will be widened further in future.

338897.png

I get that surface railways are a bit old-fashioned, what with nether travel and teleporters being available, but there's something about the process of building them that makes it a nice way to relax on the weekend. You can ride the whole Line in under 5 minutes, but it's not all about getting from A to B ... :cool:

Just found this excellent tool, which works kind of sort of like dynamap? It gives you an overhead view of your seed and shows you what all the nearby biomes are, as well as slime chunks, villages, desert temples, etc.. - www.mineatlas.com

Upside is that you don't need to do hours and hours of exploring, and it's not a server plug in - you just type in your seed or load your save data. Downside, it doesn't show you where other players are.

could u add my friend warlord3098 to the list. He really wants to play with me on it. thanks

Does anyone know the seed of the map for the realm? thanks again

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the seed of the map for the realm? thanks again

It's probably not a good idea to hand out the map seed. You can use it to find biomes and monuments and all sorts of things. Takes the fun out of it :)

Please could I get the seed. I only want it to locate a good place to build and make my mine. Did u invite my friend warlord? thanks

• Advertisement

Welchy assesses the damage to his house after a bad storm as mhiggy contemplates the possible cause...

339116.png

Advertisement