Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power looking for proof of ID?

Options
  • 10-02-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Logged into my pp account and they were looking to verify my id (passport, driver id)

checked my email and saw this from them

Dear Hococop,

Customer Security is paramount to us here at Paddy Power. We strive to provide a safe and secure environment for all of our customers. As part of this process, we verify that our customers are over the age of 18.

Unfortunately we were unable to electronically validate your identity and therefore have to request that you provide us with Photo ID.

i use a o2 card instead of my credit card, I dont think there is an age restriction on the o2 card is that why they are asking for proof just to be sure im not under age, if i used my cc they could have id me.

i just want to make sure this is legit before i send proof of id to them, it seems official i just want to be sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Asking for ID is normal but check the email address that sent you the request.
    If still in doubt, call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Yeah it's legit. Couldn't withdraw from my card a few week ago, account suspended needing verification. Quick shot of licence and emailed it to them. Up and running the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As said, check the email address. Have been a few phishing emails going around lately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

okidoki987 wrote: »

The only thing you should do when in doubt OP.

Identity theft can cost a lot more than a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Provided them with passport details but they havent verified them yet. It's annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

you can always drop into the shop and get it sorted on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They're looking for proof from me also.

I wouldn't mind but i've my account since 2007.

Fairly annoying. Not sure if i'm bothered. might just switch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's a big clamp down on Money Laundering compliance these days especially in the Banking system.
    I've had an account with my bank since I was 8 and they asked me to verify my details last month! :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i got 2 requests from different bookies in a couple of days last year

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

I got the same off PP so i mailed them Drivers licence showing name, address, DOB but they weren't happy because it wasn't the full DL. The only part to show them was showing my driving categories. i can't understand what difference this makes to an online gambling site when they can clearly see name and D.O.B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement